Goodell Upholds 4 Game Suspension For Brady

If the suspension is overturned, then there will be a new precedent set. Future players who get in trouble and have their suspensions upheld after appealing will turn to the courts and lawyer up.

Edit: I'm not saying that it makes him look less idiotic.

As they should if they think they are truly innocent. Why should a player just accept a suspension when they can fight it? That shouldn't be a new precedent, it should be just common sense.

The NFL Can Easily Recover Brady’s Text Messages: It Just Doesn’t Want To

“The messages would be on the recipient’s phone, and available from the carriers with a simple court order,” Sullivan said."

:whistling:

Thats not true at all....if I could post a link I would.....I went through a recent court case and am- should I say -thankful that cell companies do not keep them.There is one that keeps them 48 hours but thats the limit due to privacy of the person who gets the service.

As they should if they think they are truly innocent. Why should a player just accept a suspension when they can fight it? That shouldn't be a new precedent, it should be just common sense.

What if they are not truly innocent and are just trying to get away with what they did?

What if they are not truly innocent and are just trying to get away with what they did?

And......what if they are innocent? Won't that be up to the judge to determine, and up to the NFL to prove they are guilty?

The way the NFL has been made to look like complete fools in this, I don't see why anyone wouldn't support challenging them. It's becoming pretty clear the punishment they gave Brady was out of spite and not because they actually had any real proof.

And......what if they are innocent? Won't that be up to the judge to determine, and up to the NFL to prove they are guilty?

The way the NFL has been made to look like complete fools in this, I don't see why anyone wouldn't support challenging them. It's becoming pretty clear the punishment they gave Brady was out of spite and not because they actually had any real proof.

It should never be in court....it should be handled by the nflpa and the league....in the collective bargaining agreement it should have an arbitrator listed to hear appeals and that should be the end of it.

It's obvious to me that the pats are guilty.....the punishment for Brady may be too harsh though......this case is not poor Tom or poor pats..... The losers in this case are the two guys that were doing what was asked of them that lost their jobs.

Reactions: 2 people
It should never be in court....it should be handled by the nflpa and the league....in the collective bargaining agreement it should have an arbitrator listed to hear appeals and that should be the end of it.

It's obvious to me that the pats are guilty.....the punishment for Brady may be too harsh though......this case is not poor Tom or poor pats..... The losers in this case are the two guys that were doing what was asked of them that lost their jobs.

It's obvious to me that the NFL didn't have much of a case at all, especially against Brady. The narrative was set by bad reporting and that has stuck with everyone; just like the "Spygate" crap that people STILL to this day reference.

As far as it just being handled by the NFL and NFLPA, personally the NFL has looked so inept during this I wouldn't trust them either.

Reactions: 1 person

Wow. No offence but this is just silly. Tom Brady has every right to defend his name and reputation as far as he wants to. If a player wants to take the NFL to court then there shouldn't be an issue. Saying an arbitrator is the end of the line for appeals is wholeheartedly shortsighted.

It's obvious that you're simply a Brady/Patriots hater. If it is so simple then where is the proof? That's what the judge has asked for and the NFL cannot provide any. Where is the evidence that Brady told anyone to deflate the balls to a lower PSI? This whole case has been nothing short of a ridiculous witch hunt. I mean deflated balls are equated to a player using steroids? Come on man.

Reactions: 3 people

Federal Judge To NFL - Your Deflate Gate Case Is Puny*|*Michael Lazar

In essence, Berman cited due process. He also was certain to note that the evidence in the case was scant, if any, and that it was ''conspicuously absent'' that Brady was "generally aware" of a plot to deflate the footballs.

Federal Judge To NFL - Your Deflate Gate Case Is Puny*|*Michael Lazar

In essence, Berman cited due process. He also was certain to note that the evidence in the case was scant, if any, and that it was ''conspicuously absent'' that Brady was "generally aware" of a plot to deflate the footballs.

That's what is baffling to me. I'm not even close to a Pats fan, but the only way a person can say "It's clear the Pats are guilty" is if you swallowed Mortensen's initial report and haven't read any follow up investigation data, or you've chosen to ignore it.

As I said earlier, I still see tons of people still quoting Mortensen's report "11 of 12 balls under 2 lbs." as proof that the Pats are guilty.

VSF gets it. He knows what America needs to do. Protest the NFL until Touchdown Tom is free from the tyranny and hatred of Roger Goodell.

#FreeTouchdownTom

Reactions: 2 people
Wow. No offence but this is just silly. Tom Brady has every right to defend his name and reputation as far as he wants to. If a player wants to take the NFL to court then there shouldn't be an issue. Saying an arbitrator is the end of the line for appeals is wholeheartedly shortsighted.

It's obvious that you're simply a Brady/Patriots hater. If it is so simple then where is the proof? That's what the judge has asked for and the NFL cannot provide any. Where is the evidence that Brady told anyone to deflate the balls to a lower PSI? This whole case has been nothing short of a ridiculous witch hunt. I mean deflated balls are equated to a player using steroids? Come on man.

That's ridiculous....it should be decided by a negotiation between the NFL and the players association.....it's a sport league not a criminal violation.

This has ate up so much offseason and preseason like a political scandal.

I dont feel bad at all for brady who said screw you, you reap what you sow.

I'm hoping this gets resolved before the regular season starts.

So slander is not a crime?

How is it slander? if you allow this for every punishment then the league will be a joke.....do I think Goodell should handle appeals? absolutely not but that is something that should have been negotiated by the players union....it has no place in a court of law....I saw the evidence and feel that Brady as well as the patriots are guilty.....I do think the punishment was too harsh though but I understand the reasoning behind it.

This has ate up so much offseason and preseason like a political scandal.

I dont feel bad at all for brady who said screw you, you reap what you sow.

I'm hoping this gets resolved before the regular season starts.

You clearly have been following the case.

How is it slander? if you allow this for every punishment then the league will be a joke.....do I think Goodell should handle appeals? absolutely not but that is something that should have been negotiated by the players union....it has no place in a court of law....I saw the evidence and feel that Brady as well as the patriots are guilty.....I do think the punishment was too harsh though but I understand the reasoning behind it.

It already is a joke and I'm 100% glad this clown and the NFL are being exposed for their complete idiocy when it comes to handing down suspension.

I completely disagree about the evidence, as the judge has said, it's weak as hades, but I do understand the reasoning behind the suspension: Brady didn't do exactly as they said, they got mad. That's painfully obvious.

Last edited:

Seriously? The NFL is already a joke. This is absolutely slanderous because Brady is being accused of knowing about the deflated balls. This is damaging to his reputation and legacy. You saw the evidence? Funny because the judge sure hasn't seen any. But hey, because it's Brady and the Pats, they are guilty. I guess you don't believe in a person being able to fight for their innocence. So you understand the reasoning behind the punishment? Then what is it? Are you agreeing with the NFLs assertion that deflating balls is equivalent to a player taking steroids? Are you talking about Brady not turning over his phone? There was no rule in the NFL that stated Brady had to turn over his phone. If there were, then I would agree that he is guilty of not complying. So please tell me what's the reasoning behind punishing someone who has done nothing wrong the same way as someone who has taken PEDs.

You clearly have been following the case.

Yeah, and like a bitter long divorce its like it just won't end.

Now that I think about it small annoyance if it goes into the regular season as I'll be watching the titans likely prospering with Mariota, and other nfl games.

Judge nullifies NFL's 4-game suspension of Tom Brady. Goodell now has egg all over his face. Meanwhile, the Patriots get to sweep what was clearly cheating under the rug. Brady had to know / have a hand in it, but now it makes no matter.

Looks like he will play in the opener. I still think his legacy takes a pretty big hit with many fans.

VN Store

Back