Greatest UT Football Picture Ever !!!

I have that Sports Illustrated issue - Albert Dorsey knocking down the pass vs Bama, Legion Field.
Dumbass Dickey really had it rolling in Knoxville back then and Tennessee could have been one of those elite teams of the 70's when sports television really started catching on.
Instead of the "Game of the Century" between OU and Nebraska in 1972, it would have been the Vols & Bama playing for the #1 ranking on national television.
But he thought he could do the same thing at his alma mater, Florida, as he had started at Tennessee. He didn't come close.
He should have known better, leaving one of college football's blue bloods to coach at a wannabe program like Florida.

Be proud of it if you want but I personally found it to be low class, bush league behavior.
The fact that we were getting blown out by Alabama in this game makes this gesture by Gaulden look even worse, as in .............
"Well, we can't beat you anymore, so let's just show our ass on national tv instead.
IMG_6127.jpeg

Some of y’all act like you have never been caught up in the moment or let your emotions get to you Etc…. It was a one time deal. Get off your high horses

Ironically, there was no way UT was gonna win the game. But he made his point. Actually two points.

And the UT fan in the background shows his approval.

Gaulden.jpg

I prefer photos of UT actually winning, not getting blown out by Alabama. I’d be fine if I never saw this stupid photo ever again.

View attachment 561503

Some of y’all act like you have never been caught up in the moment or let your emotions get to you Etc…. It was a one time deal. Get off your high horses

There is a chasm of space between getting off the high horse and best photo in UT history. It’s insulting to UT’s great tradition to mention this among the best in UT history. It’s from a blowout loss during the worst time in UT history. We can laugh at it without revering it.

I have that Sports Illustrated issue - Albert Dorsey knocking down the pass vs Bama, Legion Field.
Dumbass Dickey really had it rolling in Knoxville back then and Tennessee could have been one of those elite teams of the 70's when sports television really started catching on.
Instead of the "Game of the Century" between OU and Nebraska in 1972, it would have been the Vols & Bama playing for the #1 ranking on national television.
But he thought he could do the same thing at his alma mater, Florida, as he had started at Tennessee. He didn't come close.
He should have known better, leaving one of college football's blue bloods to coach at a wannabe program like Florida.
UT-Penn State was a huge matchup at the end of the 1971 season. National TV game

I had lunch with Mr. Dorsey recently and he had Mike Jones sign it for me. That's who's on the cover. Dorsey told me so.

VN Store

Back