Greg McElroy Should Be EMBARRASSED

I want to ask a follow-up question to McElroy about this quote that he stated. “My frustrations about where we’re at in society boiled over.”

I don’t understand what society has to do with Vitello celebrating a national championship. I want to understand McElroy’s thought process with that one. It was a weird excuse for his statements.

I want to ask a follow-up question to McElroy about this quote that he stated. “My frustrations about where we’re at in society boiled over.”

I don’t understand what society has to do with Vitello celebrating a national championship. I want to understand McElroy’s thought process with that one. It was a weird excuse for his statements.
He also talked about "personal stuff/frustrations"...maybe he's sleeping on the couch...

"Cause Tony V TOOK HIS GIRL!!!!!!

OIP.57PDtJsXq6Z4O2GYG9F8JwAAAA

Last edited:

You know that was thrown in to draw sympathy. I didn't see anything during the celebration that magnified any societal issues. There were people of all races, creeds, religions and genders celebrating, and celebrating safely at that. No drugs or sex on the field. No violence. Maybe that part got his panties wadded up.

You know that was thrown in to draw sympathy. I didn't see anything during the celebration that magnified any societal issues. There were people of all races, creeds, religions and genders celebrating, and celebrating safely at that. No drugs or sex on the field. No violence. Maybe that part got his panties wadded up.
Oh yeah, he’s definitely trying to play the victim by throwing that line in there.

I’m guessing he got some heat from above. His apology is weird talking about society issues. Maybe he should have said he fell into the need for people to criticize everything.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Where exactly are the celebrations with drugs and sex on the field?

...you know...so I can uh, ..I can avoid those at all times. Thx

Reactions: GordonC

IMO it's his way of saying he's not actually sorry, but higher ups at ESPN want him to appear neutral so they made him apologize.

Thank you for giving more information. I watched the ice bucket pour, and I didn’t notice the gesture initially. After rewatching it, and actively looking for the gesture very closely, it was extremely subtle. In fact, it was so subtle, that I don’t know for sure if that is what he was actually doing. He didn’t thrust his pelvis, cross his arms, and make the gesture 3 or 4 times, the way HHH did back in the day. He just quickly tapped his thighs. If he was doing the gesture, he did it wrong…lol.

Either way, I really don’t care. Vitello is an amazing coach who is doing wonderful things for my alma mater, and complaining about how he celebrates when it’s something as minor and brief as this is just salty hate. If he made the gesture very prominently to the A&M dugout, I would understand, but this is tame and just looking for something to complain about.
Yeah. Agree with the gesture or not, to go on the radio the day after someone wins a natty and attack them the way Greg did is weird.

Reads like the leader of his organization heard his comments and had to have a little sit down with Greg, and may have even told him what to say in his apology.

Reactions: DuckInAPen

VN Store

Back