Groups representing Google, Twitter, Facebook, Amazon sue Florida

Do you think all personal attacks are removed?

Oh heck no. If I called you a ********* ************* son of a ***** who couldn't tell his **** from a chewed up pencil, then yeah. A mod might clean it up. If I said you were daft, your arguments don't make sense, and you're too sensitive for this subforum, that would probably be allowed to stand.

I should know, because I'm regularly reminded of that second part myself by a few of our occasional lurkers. :)

Reactions: RockyTop85
However the attempt to distract from the ass kicking he’s currently receiving is interesting.
The ass kicking where you’ve had to abandon 3 different rationales for why this is supposed to make sense and are now down to “VolNation is different because [insert an exact description of Twitter and facebook]?”

At least you have a sense of humor.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
What personal attack?
Ok so you don’t know what a personal attack is. Well, I’d say that makes me feel better about you questioning my intelligence, but that ship sailed.

You got anymore reasons why this is supposed to make sense or is “VolNation is different from Facebook because it’s exactly like Facebook” your final answer?

However the attempt to distract from the ass kicking he’s currently receiving is interesting.

You may want to back away, assess the damage and reformulate a more cogent plan of attack. Whatever this is your doing, isn't working.

Ok so you don’t know what a personal attack is

I stopped reading here. If you can’t read “what personal attack?” And interpret that to mean that you need to explain where a personal attack occurred. You did make a personal attack accusation. Instead you think I asked “what is a personal attack?” Then there’s no point in continuing. Either you’re lacking intelligence or being disingenuous because you’re losing a debate.
Neither of those are of any interest to me.

The ass kicking where you’ve had to abandon 3 different rationales for why this is supposed to make sense and are now down to “VolNation is different because [insert an exact description of Twitter and facebook]?”

At least you have a sense of humor.
I have followed you all over the place as you attempt to .....I’ve lost track of whatever you’re attempting. Any straying from the point is on your end.

I have followed you all over the place as you attempt to .....I’ve lost track of whatever you’re attempting. Any straying from the point is on your end.
“VolNation shouldn’t be liable for things posted on its forums because it enforces its rules better than the social media companies that I just learned about today when I was informed that Twitter is not a monopoly?”

That’s it? That’s what you’re going with?

“VolNation shouldn’t be liable for things posted on its forums because it enforces its rules better than the social media companies that I just learned about today when I was informed that Twitter is not a monopoly?”

Nope try again

I think we’ve established you are not properly interpreting what you read.

I’m concerned for you. You should seek some assistance for that. It’s a real problem that has a cure. At least get tested.

Ok, slugger, you’ve had four swings and the ball is still on the tee. As entertaining as it is to watch you completely abandon rational argument, I think it’s time to let somebody else have a try.

that’s maybe better than the “he mad” diversion tank try’s to pull.
You run all over the place then accuse others of what you just did.

Classic

Oh heck no. If I called you a ********* ************* son of a ***** who couldn't tell his **** from a chewed up pencil, then yeah. A mod might clean it up. If I said you were daft, your arguments don't make sense, and you're too sensitive for this subforum, that would probably be allowed to stand.

I should know, because I'm regularly reminded of that second part myself by a few of our occasional lurkers. :)
That seems mostly consistent with what I’ve observed as well. I’m not saying they maliciously enforce the rules against certain people, although I think there may even be some mod posts explicitly saying that fans of other schools are held to a higher standard in the sports forums.

It would be impossible to strictly moderate everything in here, and this forum is only a few hundred people. The option would be to remove it, have a lengthy delay while somebody edits your post, or make it a complete free for all. None of those things is going to generate much traffic. Which is why the current system developed.

Classic

Not at all. I’ve just given you multiple opportunities to get back on topic and you’d rather talk about me.

I can’t say I blame you, given how the other conversation was going. But I already know all about me and it’s boring.

what was said.
They should be and ultimately would be liable for things we say about each other if they didn’t maintain the standard that was agreed too when we signed up.
That’s why there are rules that are enforced.
Also why there are plenty of banned posters who are no longer allowed here.

Now apply that standard to Twitter and Facebook. They are over the line and It’s just a matter of time before it all comes around to bite them in the ass. You can’t treat people unequal on that level and get away with it forever. And they know. That’s why they’re building up funds for the payout.

what you understood

you should seek help for your Auditory processing disorder

Reactions: hog88
That seems like more of an attempt to save your tortured analogy than a rationale for why the government should tell these companies how to run their business, but ok.

You care nothing about the freedom of the companies to run the way as they see fit because you sound like a marxist when discussing many other ideas.

These companies are monopolies that are peddling dangerous positions that benefit part of society. It is another version of who is allowed to shop and who isn't except at a level of propaganda that is leading to dangerous consequences.

I challenge anyone that hasn't watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix to check it out. Former high level employees are speaking out about these companies decisions and algorithms.

As a sub forum which discusses emotionally charged subjects everyday, I think the OF posters generally do a good job of civility on one side and not taking things personally on the other. Its amusing to see folks go at it hard in one thread and then be friends in the OT thread.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

Classic

Love when you fall back to this, it's your tell.

Anyhoo - I should have known you'd trot that out at some point after the terrible "Tennessee water" analogy. Seriously slice - that was low effort right out of the gate.

You care nothing about the freedom of the companies to run the way as they see fit because you sound like a marxist when discussing many other ideas.

These companies are monopolies that are peddling dangerous positions that benefit part of society. It is another version of who is allowed to shop and who isn't except at a level of propaganda that is leading to dangerous consequences.

I challenge anyone that hasn't watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix to check it out. Former high level employees are speaking out about these companies decisions and algorithms.

"These companies are monopolies" - they aren't peddling anything, what they are doing is enforcing the ToS that were agreed to by the users at sign up.

You just don't seem to like it because your flavor keeps breaking the rules overtly while thumbing their noses at them. SM enforcement decisions aren't made in vacuums, I'm quite sure. When they make them be certain that both revenue consequences are factored in as well as the SM's "community's" best interest.

As has been the case up until this point with every conservative and libertarian I've ever spoken with - if you don't like what a private company is doing, don't do business with them.

Reactions: RockyTop85

VN Store

Back