Guess Who, Guess Where?

Rumors are flying around Iowa City about Pearl getting hired as the guy to replace Alford. Talk is cheap, however I am quite confident that Iowa will try to talk to Pearl. I have no grudges with the vols, am just curious to what you fans think and hear. Most Iowa fans are calling for Pearl due to his success at Tennessee and his ties to Iowa.

Rumors are flying around Iowa City about Pearl getting hired as the guy to replace Alford. Talk is cheap, however I am quite confident that Iowa will try to talk to Pearl. I have no grudges with the vols, am just curious to what you fans think and hear. Most Iowa fans are calling for Pearl due to his success at Tennessee and his ties to Iowa.

Son at UT on team, he promotes UT like he graduated from here, his daughter does or did go here, we have no state income tax, he's athletic director Mike Hamilitons crown jewel, he gives UT fans something to watch during the winter, he's getting a raise.

He's not leaving.

Pearl said he likes being at a school that competes for championships in everything. Also, why walk away from what should be the SEC's premier team next season? He's staying.

It's nice to know that other schools desperately want the coach you've got.

:lolabove: :eek:lol:...You hawkeyes are killing me!! You've been all over Scout, Volquest, and now Volnation in your attempts to believe you could actually sway Bruce to the cornfields.. News flash...you fired his mentor, and you ran Bruce out with the way he handled the Thomas situation. He's not coming back...get used to it.:post-4-1090547912:

His ties to Iowa are limited to him being an assistant to the coach that Iowa forced out.

as per the tennessean this morning: I will paraphrase; hamilton said he and cbp have discussed all the rumors that have and will occur. ham told cbp to come to him if they need to discuss anything. said they have a great relationship. ham will not let cbp go. just my gut.

I'm not saying hes going. I'm saying you all got a great coach. And reading these replies just shows how much he can be appreciated. Iowa would love to have him. As for the Thomas incident, he did the right thing. Since then though, we have a new AD. Not the same guy that ran him out of Iowa. Also he had a huge fan base in Iowa. Still does. While he was being criticized for doing what was right by many, it wasn't the fans criticizing. I see him saying no for two reasons. One, his son. And two, the sec is a much stronger conference than the big 10, I hate saying that, but it is the truth. Money wont be an issue, Iowa has plenty of it to pay out. They do have Alford's $2 million buyout to play with when they hire a new coach.

as per the tennessean this morning: I will paraphrase; hamilton said he and cbp have discussed all the rumors that have and will occur. ham told cbp to come to him if they need to discuss anything. said they have a great relationship. ham will not let cbp go. just my gut.

I hope you have an accurate gut.

I'm not saying hes going. I'm saying you all got a great coach. And reading these replies just shows how much he can be appreciated. Iowa would love to have him. As for the Thomas incident, he did the right thing. Since then though, we have a new AD. Not the same guy that ran him out of Iowa. Also he had a huge fan base in Iowa. Still does. While he was being criticized for doing what was right by many, it wasn't the fans criticizing. I see him saying no for two reasons. One, his son. And two, the sec is a much stronger conference than the big 10, I hate saying that, but it is the truth. Money wont be an issue, Iowa has plenty of it to pay out. They do have Alford's $2 million buyout to play with when they hire a new coach.

and they can root for him to do well next year at tennessee

Here's an idea. Somebody make up a huge sign that says "Welcome to the Pearly Gates". Take it down to TBA and stick it to the wall above the main entrance. Then, when he drives by the next time he will know how much he is loved!!! :yes:

you are wasting your time. Why would Pearl leave a team that is on the cusp of great things to go to another rebuilding job? Come on, your coach left you to go to New Mexico for crying out loud?

Let's see, CBP could leave a midsized city during a rebuilding, to go to the middle of nowhere to start a new one 2 years later.

No chance.

Here's an idea. Somebody make up a huge sign that says "Welcome to the Pearly Gates". Take it down to TBA and stick it to the wall above the main entrance. Then, when he drives by the next time he will know how much he is loved!!! :yes:

Great idea, and y not take it a step further and put "The Pearly Gates" on the floor in TBA :)

This reminds me a lot of the end of Football season, when all the Head Coaching Vacancies come open and everyone is contacting Hamilton to interview Fulmer.

Never said it didn't. It's just played out. I always love to see who will be the first to take a shot at Fulmer in a basketball thread. Looks like somebody beat you to it this time.

Heh, good one, Okla! Kinda ties into what I've been thinking about this whole thing! For those Vol fans reacting angrily to all this speculation... Get used to it! Personally, I'm loving it! Cause I don't believe there's a snowball's chance in Hades that he's gonna leave anytime soon.

If UT lets Pearl get away from them, to a program of similar stature, then you need new leadership. If they can't see the asset they have in him right now, they don't deserve to keep him.

VN Store

Back