Halloween Thread

It's never too early to post about Halloween. Party poopers. Almost done with this zombie groundbreaker. Made his ribcage and guts out of Great Stuff foam. It's looks better in person. More 3 dimensional. I just need to add some more stains and blood to the shirt and then glue some fake moss and leaves on him. Pile a little potting soil around him to cover up the bottom of his shirt and I'll have a nice addition to my zombie graveyard

zombie groundbreaker.jpg

iu

Reactions: Souce and VolNExile
Got a few props I'm finishing up. I hadn't found a use for this mask so I made a scarecrow out of it. Goodwill clothes and boots. PVC frame body. I had a crow problem earlier this summer and bought a fake dead crow to scare them off. I stuck it on the shoulder. I still need to fatten up his body. Pool noodles on the arms and 1 and 2 liter coke bottles on the legs will fill him out then he'll be ready.

scarecrow.jpg

I built a couple new tombstones for a graveyard I set up in the front yard in October. Spirit Halloween has a motorized prop that raises and lowers a skull. It's meant to put behind tombstones to make it look like a skull is rising up behind the tombstone. They cost 120 bucks. Too steep for me so I built one. I used some scrap lumber, some pvc pipe left over from some other props, a rotisserie motor and a styrofoam head with a skull mask on it. I added a spider to his forehead. It turned out great. I can't show it in motion but here is what it looks like when the skull is hidden behind the tombstone and then when it rises.

tombstone c.jpgtombstone b.jpgtombstone motor.jpg

I built a couple new tombstones for a graveyard I set up in the front yard in October. Spirit Halloween has a motorized prop that raises and lowers a skull. It's meant to put behind tombstones to make it look like a skull is rising up behind the tombstone. They cost 120 bucks. Too steep for me so I built one. I used some scrap lumber, some pvc pipe left over from some other props, a rotisserie motor and a styrofoam head with a skull mask on it. I added a spider to his forehead. It turned out great. I can't show it in motion but here is what it looks like when the skull is hidden behind the tombstone and then when it rises.

View attachment 486479View attachment 486480View attachment 486481
Where is the contraption that gives out candy corn

Where is the contraption that gives out candy corn
Well, it's not motorized, but this is how I give out the candy now. The first year of covid I built this contraption so kids wouldn't have to crowd around the porch and it also keeps them from having to climb the 5 steps. They liked it so much I used it again last year and will probably keep using it. I made a plywood barrier with a ghost on top and I ran a 5" pvc pipe from the porch down through the ghost's mouth. Kids put their candy buckets under his mouth and I slide a bag of candy down the chute. The pipe is painted black and has purple lights wrapped around it.

zzz1.jpg

Well, it's not motorized, but this is how I give out the candy now. The first year of covid I built this contraption so kids wouldn't have to crowd around the porch and it also keeps them from having to climb the 5 steps. They liked it so much I used it again last year and will probably keep using it. I made a plywood barrier with a ghost on top and I ran a 5" pvc pipe from the porch down through the ghost's mouth. Kids put their candy buckets under his mouth and I slide a bag of candy down the chute. The pipe is painted black and has purple lights wrapped around it.

View attachment 486545
Not gonna lie, that's impressive and a lot of work. I would've just thrown the candy in the street to keep the kids away during COVID. Hell I'll do that during non COVID

Tried to load a GIF but failed - so here is a pic of my motorized zombie groundbreaker. Torso made of 1/2" pvc that slides up and down inside some 1" pvc. I used a wiper motor and some cheap aluminum bar stock to get the up and down motion. Goes up and down about 10". I put dirt around the base at Halloween and it looks like a zombie pushing up out of the grave.

zombie groundbreaker motorized.jpg
Are there any GIF hosting sites anymore that don't make you sign up for an account to post a GIF?

Last edited:
Tried to load a GIF but failed - so here is a pic of my motorized zombie groundbreaker. Torso made of 1/2" pvc that slides up and down inside some 1" pvc. I used a wiper motor and some cheap aluminum bar stock to get the up and down motion. Goes up and down about 10". I put dirt around the base at Halloween and it looks like a zombie pushing up out of the grave.

View attachment 487192
Are there any GIF hosting sites anymore that don't make you sign up for an account to post a GIF?
@Souce

View attachment 487192
@Nooga

VN Store

Back