What impact on debate going forward?

• Americans warm to the idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Americans cool to the idea

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No impact

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Give prominent media figures on the left have proclaimed we should not treat the unvaccinated, everyone should be cooling on the idea of universal health care and warming on the idea of guns.

Reactions: NCFisher
I'm all for single payer because I watched an insurance company due exactly what single payer will do. Take two months to approve a medical procedure that was needed. Insurance companies only want to approve the lowest cost option and only explore more costly options as you go on. Let's start with a xray when an MRI or CT would give us a better idea. But before that let's prescribe some antibiotics and give it time

Reactions: VolStrom
I'm all for single payer because I watched an insurance company due exactly what single payer will do. Take two months to approve a medical procedure that was needed. Insurance companies only want to approve the lowest cost option and only explore more costly options as you go on. Let's start with a xray when an MRI or CT would give us a better idea. But before that let's prescribe some antibiotics and give it time

Even in single pay relative cost will always be a factor. I think we can have an improved system without our current insurance model that FDR and Obama have mainly created and within an even worse model (single payer) taking it's place.

Plus even though you have an example of insurance taking x amount of time, on average our system still moves faster than the rest of the world. No-one moves slowly than bureaucrats

No impact. If anything the Covid posture we have been in has shown how the criminally inclined demographics in our country have been able to exponential increase their criminal activity thus making the country a less safe place as is the norm with any left wing administration.

No, that's not correct. The issue with the sudden onset of covid was the need to ration care. The health care access issue is financial, not availability.
I should have used blue font. Of course you still believe it. You just showed your hand. You believe healthcare is a right to people you deem worthy of it. Kind of like how you support unions. Unless they disagree with you on an issue like vaccine mandates.

How about the middle 50% now?

More likely or less likely to embrace a National Healthcare system?
It depends on whether or not they realize that they will be paying for it. With a current spike of 7.5% inflation, I am guessing that if they know... and that is the key... if. they. know...... who is footing the bills that they will be against it. IF the .gov can sell it as a tax on the rich - and you know that is the plan - then they will be all for it. The left will never pass on the chance to get in your wallet.

You probably felt that way prior to Covid responses.

How do you think Independents in the middle feel?

Do you think this moved those in the middle closet to gun control or further away?

I think Quinnipiac, Gallup, and Pew polls Support for gun control just hit its lowest point in almost a decade - CNNPolitics indicate a predictable erosion for more gun control, a reaction to the general lawlessness overtly encouraged by the 'most progressive president and party ever!' Many are now informed that government cannot be trusted to execute their core responsibility to protect their life and liberties but rather show a fascistic zeal encouraging corporations to do the censoring they are prohibited directly. We've been told point-blank we're acceptable collateral damage for a Marxian vision.

The near complete abandonment of therapeutic development for a 'come back if you need intubation' approach, I think bears responsibility for many of the lives lost. It is an unprecedented dereliction of duty by medical chieftans in government, private sector and academia who adopted this early line and took every opportunity to shite upon alternative drug usages and fell into the vax gospel with automaton precision. The true believers and leftists with agenda won't be dissuaded; everyone else? - not so much. Those who'd run a nationalized system are the same who did that, lied about the virus origins, their involvement and accepted CCP declarations regarding the virus timeline and virility as fact. They attempted to quash internal dispute and control a narrative that served no one but their bureaucratic establishment.

So, Cool - Cold on gun control and single pay as distrust in government has Warmed considerably.

I have seen many of our liberal leftist fans advocate for the unvaccinated to be refused medical care. It's a good sign they no longer view health care as a right. So that's good.

FIFY; nothing 'liberal' about that.

I think Quinnipiac, Gallup, and Pew polls Support for gun control just hit its lowest point in almost a decade - CNNPolitics indicate a predictable erosion for more gun control, a reaction to the general lawlessness overtly encouraged by the 'most progressive president and party ever!' Many are now informed that government cannot be trusted to execute their core responsibility to protect their life and liberties but rather show a fascistic zeal encouraging corporations to do the censoring they are prohibited directly. We've been told point-blank we're acceptable collateral damage for a Marxian vision.

The near complete abandonment of therapeutic development for a 'come back if you need intubation' approach, I think bears responsibility for many of the lives lost. It is an unprecedented dereliction of duty by medical chieftans in government, private sector and academia who adopted this early line and took every opportunity to shite upon alternative drug usages and fell into the vax gospel with automaton precision. The true believers and leftists with agenda won't be dissuaded; everyone else? - not so much. Those who'd run a nationalized system are the same who did that, lied about the virus origins, their involvement and accepted CCP declarations regarding the virus timeline and virility as fact. They attempted to quash internal dispute and control a narrative that served no one but their bureaucratic establishment.

So, Cool - Cold on gun control and single pay as distrust in government has Warmed considerably.
Thanks for posting the link to the poll.

Wow. An almost 20 point drop in approval for stricter gun control (since Parkland).

A new Quinnipiac poll also out this weekfinds registered voters split 47% to 48% between supporting stricter gun laws and opposing them. That's also the lowest support for stricter gun laws among voters since late 2015 in Quinnipiac's polling. In February 2018, it reached a high of 66% in their poll. A Pew Research poll back in Aprilthis year found a generally similar pattern.

Thanks for posting the link to the poll.

Wow. An almost 20 point drop in approval for stricter gun control (since Parkland).

An estimated 5.4 million first time buyers were 1/3 of gun sales last year. Among them:
33 percent of first-time gun buyers in 2021 were women
44 percent of retailers saw an increase of African Americans buying guns in 2021
40 percent of retailers saw an increase of Hispanic Americans buying guns in 2021
27 percent of retailers saw an increase of Asian Americans buying guns in 2021
18 percent of retailers saw an increase of Native Americans buying guns in 2021

- and that is a decrease from record-setting first-time purchases in 2020. Sayonara "angry white-male" meme. 30 percent of gun purchases in 2021 were first-time buyers, CT organization says The Quinnipiac poll in prior post show 91% Dems support 'stronger control', while 84% Repub and 54% Ind. oppose. Indie majority also does not support censorship and ruination of persons based upon vax disposition, and likely less censorious of political dissidence.

That larger numbers of minorities are acknowledging the necessity of exercising this right is encouraging. The erosion of policing and judicial enforcement of laws by the left has a disproportionately terrible impact on some of these groups who seem to get it on a visceral level, but still vote disproportionately for the left.

VN Store

Back