Heaven or Hell

(therealUT @ Jul 24 said:
No. Thank you for displaying your ignorance on the subject matter, though.

We believe that she was a Virgin and that she was the Mother of Jesus. Aside from that, we believe that it is safe to say she is in Heaven (basically, if she did not make it, then no one has.) We also believe that we can pray through Saints, not to Saints. Basically, you might ask your congregation to pray for your dying mother, we also include those people who we feel it is safe to say have made it to Heaven.
Why pray to Mary anyway? What is the point in that? I could hail Mary all day long and it wouldn't mean a thing. There is only one God that I pray to.

(smoke_em06 @ Jul 24 said:
Call me what you please. Some people just don't like to hear anything about God that doesn't make them feel all warm and cozy inside. You might say that, "God is a God of mercy and he wouldn't send a good person to hell." He is certainly a God of mercy, but there will come a day when we have to face the music. I definitely fear God's wrath. I don't know about you. Sorry to say it, but a lot of people just simply won't accept the fact that when you die, you either spend eternity in heaven or hell. There is no purgatory. There are only two things that last forever, people and God's word.

How many times have I told you to go and read my other posts? You still have not done this. I have clearly stated that God is first and foremost a God of justice.

Second, I hate to inform you that you are contradicting yourself in your last statement. If two things last forever, people (I would say souls, however, you say people) and the word of God, then why have you completely dismissed many books of the Old Testament and the original scriptures?

Why pray to Mary anyway? What is the point in that? I could hail Mary all day long and it wouldn't mean a thing. There is only one God that I pray to.

Didn't I just state that we don't pray to Mary, but through her? Why do you ask others to pray for your loved ones?

How many times have I told you to go and read my other posts? You still have not done this. I have clearly stated that God is first and foremost a God of justice.

Second, I hate to inform you that you are contradicting yourself in your last statement. If two things last forever, people (I would say souls, however, you say people) and the word of God, then why have you completely dismissed many books of the Old Testament and the original scriptures?
I say again, Only two things will last forever, People and God's word. The rest will be burnt up.

Honestly, How do you plan on answering God when he asks you why you should be allowed to enter his kingdom?

If you are not going to educate yourself, then I have no use talking to you. You may condemn me to hell if you like, just like you have all the others on here (which is a direct affront to the 10 Commandments,) I really could care less about what little is in your mind.

Honestly, How do you plan on answering God when he asks you why you should be allowed to enter his kingdom?

If God asks me if I should be allowed, then I will humbly answer 'No, Lord. I do have not done enough to deserve your grace.'

I don't believe anyone in there right mind should ever be confident, that they have lived a most righteous life, to the point that they would look God in the face and tell him they deserve to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

However, I am done consulting with you.

Guess I am going to hell. I am not of the 'born-again' variety.

Well, that's not as bad as claiming to born again just for political gain..

If God asks me if I should be allowed, then I will humbly answer 'No, Lord. I do have not done enough to deserve your grace.'

I don't believe anyone in there right mind should ever be confident, that they have lived a most righteous life, to the point that they would look God in the face and tell him they deserve to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

However, I am done consulting with you.
I feel educated enough to argue with you. Lets just leave it at that. I happen to be 100% confident that I will accepted into Heaven because I have acceepted Christ as my personal Savior and have been born again. Christ has promised us that if we accept his sacrifice and the salvation that he provides, then we will go to Heaven. I feel confident in a promise directly from God. I am sorry that you can't take an argument. Maybe you should get that checked out.

(Orangewhiteblood @ Jul 24 said:
Well, that's not as bad as claiming to born again just for political gain..
There are definitely candidates that probably do that.

It has been interesting to watch Bob Corker run such a conservative campaign when his past record is fairly liberal.

You think? One of them is President.
Personally, I feel that W's relationship with God is genuine. He has a wonderful testimony. He has stuck by his beliefs, and I am confident that he will continue to pray for guidance from God. What makes you think he is a "fake" christian anyway?

It is my belief that you cannot go to church on only certain days like Easter and go to Heaven. You have to live for God and attend church regularly and you have to have the Holy Ghost, baptized in Jesus name(Acts 2:38) and repent for your sins. Now that does not mean do all this and then go and do none christian things you still have to live for God and believe in what you do.

(bravevol @ Jul 24 said:
It is my belief that you cannot go to church on only certain days like Easter and go to Heaven. You have to live for God and attend church regularly and you have to have the Holy Ghost, baptized in Jesus name(Acts 2:38) and repent for your sins. Now that does not mean do all this and then go and do none christian things you still have to live for God and believe in what you do.

Personally, I feel that W's relationship with God is genuine. He has a wonderful testimony. He has stuck by his beliefs, and I am confident that he will continue to pray for guidance from God. What makes you think he is a "fake" christian anyway?

Well, I think he's a Christian, I just don't think that it's as big of a deal to him as he makes it out to be.

He uses religion for political gain (especially during election time) and the sheep keep buying into it.

If you can't see through W, you're just blind.

(bravevol @ Jul 24 said:

Why do you have to go to church at all? If you believe in God and he knows it, why do you have to go to a specific building to prove that you believe? Because God needs money?

Why do you have to go to church at all? If you believe in God and he knows it, why do you have to go to a specific building to prove that you believe? Because God needs money?

Exactly the reason I attend on a less than regular basis. I don't need to watch the preacher on a 50" plasma to know what I believe. He knows my heart and that's fine for me.

I personally feel like it's time for churches everywhere to start paying taxes..

(bravevol @ Jul 24 said:
It is my belief that you cannot go to church on only certain days like Easter and go to Heaven. You have to live for God and attend church regularly and you have to have the Holy Ghost, baptuzed in Jesus name(Acts 2:38) and repent for your sins. Now that does not mean do all this and then go and do none christian things you still have to live for God and believe in what you do.
I certainly feel that going to church is important, but it is not required for salvation. If a person is truly saved then the hunger and the desire to worship and learn with other believers will be there. I believe in eternal security. Simply because if a person could become saved then lose it then that would say that Christ's sacrifice on Calvary was not enough. That sacrifice paid for it all. If you truly accept God's salvation then you can't lose it.

Well, I think he's a Christian, I just don't think that it's as big of a deal to him as he makes it out to be.

He uses religion for political gain (especially during election time) and the sheep keep buying into it.

If you can't see through W, you're just blind.
I think Bush is a genuine person. He has not once gone away from his belief in Christ while in office. If someone just used it to get elected, then their actions would speak for themselves. And the last time I checked I had 20/20.

I think Bush is a genuine person. He has not once gone away from his belief in Christ while in office. If someone just used it to get elected, then their actions would speak for themselves. And the last time I checked I had 20/20.

Of course he hasn't strayed from his "belief".... It works too well for him to drop the act. I think you're still waiting to be found.

(utvolpj @ Jul 24 said:
Exactly the reason I attend on a less than regular basis. I don't need to watch the preacher on a 50" plasma to know what I believe. He knows my heart and that's fine for me.
But God says where two or more are gathered to worship me, My presence will be there. Doesn't that make you want to worship. There is nothing like the fellowship with other brothers and sisters in Christ.

VN Store

Back