Heaven or Hell

(smoke_em06 @ Jul 24 said:
I don't have a problem with anyone using wine in the Lord's Supper. The Bible just says not to get drunk. I do not condemn people at all for drinking. Thats a tough subject.

Interesting, yet, when the wine ran short at the wedding, Jesus made 6 stone jars more. I don't know about you, but most of the weddings and parties at, if/when they run out of alcohol everyone is pretty drunk.

(therealUT @ Jul 24 said:
Interesting, yet, when the wine ran short at the wedding, Jesus made 6 stone jars more. I don't know about you, but most of the weddings and parties at, if/when they run out of alcohol everyone is pretty drunk.
I don't know I wasn't there. But you are certainly right about a lot of weddings and such today.

And, answer the question referring to the Holiness of Queen Elizabeth I.
I certainly don't think that she was enlightened by God if that is what you are asking.

I don't know I wasn't there. But you are certainly right about a lot of weddings and such today.

Apparently you are extremely unaware that the process used to make wine left wine a great deal more alcoholic back in the day than by today's technology. So alcoholic, in fact, that many had to cut the wine with water to drink it, hence the water and wine use in the Last Supper. So, I can say with relative certainty, that most of the people at that celebration were hammered.

I certainly don't think that she was enlightened by God if that is what you are asking.

Then why do you place so much faith in a Bible that she explicitly wanted revised (not translated.)

I don't know I wasn't there.

You weren't there for any of it, yet you believe everything else that you have read in the Bible or have been preached to about.

Apparently you are extremely unaware that the process used to make wine left wine a great deal more alcoholic back in the day than by today's technology. So alcoholic, in fact, that many had to cut the wine with water to drink it, hence the water and wine use in the Last Supper. So, I can say with relative certainty, that most of the people at that celebration were hammered.
I am not to familiar with the wine making process, except for that episode of I Love Lucy. If you feel that confident to think that people were smashed at a gathering that took place more than 2000 years ago then more power to you.

I am not to familiar with the wine making process, except for that episode of I Love Lucy. If you feel that confident to think that people were smashed at a gathering that took place more than 2000 years ago then more power to you.

Exactly, knowledge is power.

Then why do you place so much faith in a Bible that she explicitly wanted revised (not translated.)
Whatever revision or translation that the Bible went through, it happened by God's will. I am confident in that.

(Orangewhiteblood @ Jul 24 said:
You weren't there for any of it, yet you believe everything else that you have read in the Bible or have been preached to about.
I believe EVERYTHING in the Bible. You either believe it all or nothing at all.

As for my two cents, I believe that the judging should be done by God and that we shouldn't be condemning people on the Volnation talk forum. Just my thoughts on the matter, now I'm out of the conversation.

(rockytop muskrat @ Jul 24 said:
As for my two cents, I believe that the judging should be done by God and that we shouldn't be condemning people on the Volnation talk forum. Just my thoughts on the matter, now I'm out of the conversation.
I agree with you rockytop, but don't tell thefakeUT that

I think there's plenty of room for debate about whether parts of the Old Testament are allegorical.

Whatever revision or translation that the Bible went through, it happened by God's will. I am confident in that.

Then Elizabeth is a prophet, in your opinion.

(GAVol @ Jul 24 said:
I think there's plenty of room for debate about whether parts of the Old Testament are allegorical.
There are definitely some things in the Old Testament that were changed when Jesus spoke in The New Testament. For example, circumcision.

I believe EVERYTHING in the Bible. You either believe it all or nothing at all.

If the Bible was literally true, then God believed that the world was flat. Moses was writing books of the Pentateuch after he was dead. The sun revolved around the earth. God liked creation so much that he left two different stories of it in Genesis...

You either understand that a lot of the Bible is allegorical, or you have to deal with these contradictions.

A tool, maybe

No, prophet. She blatantly changed the words and meanings of several verses in the Bible. Either she did this as she was called to do by God, which makes her a prophet, or she does it on her own, which makes the KJV Bible fallible.

If the Bible was literally true, then God believed that the world was flat. Moses was writing books of the Pentateuch after he was dead. The sun revolved around the earth. God liked creation so much that he left two different stories of it in Genesis...

You either understand that a lot of the Bible is allegorical, or you have to deal with these contradictions.
Maybe you should tell me about his second creation story. I am fairly certain that there is just one. But I'm sure that you will try and convince me of it.

No, prophet. She blatantly changed the words and meanings of several verses in the Bible. Either she did this as she was called to do by God, which makes her a prophet, or she does it on her own, which makes the KJV Bible fallible.
She is not a prophet.

VN Store

Back