Heupel post game press conference Arkansas

By year 4 you ought be able to tell if a coach is long term solution. CJH after that performance does not seem like a long term HC. Time will tell but this needs to be an outlier and not part of the mean in performance.
I like Heupel , but this game was really similar to last year's trip to Gainesville and with two weeks to prepare. He's right, not good enough

Reactions: 08Vol
It’s hard to win on the road and we have had back to back difficult games on the road at night. Quite frankly, Arkansas should probably be 4-1. I am not making excuses but it is what it is. If we crap the bed again offensively at home against Florida then we have deep issues and we very well may.

I just don't get it either....Sometimes it just feels WWE/Nascar/Springer scripted. How could we soooooo Sh*t the bed? Like in the locker room the verdict came down from above! Fella's the CFB gods have spoken.

GBO
I'm starting to really really think your first sentence is correct. Milk the rednecks, make the games super thrilling and full range of emotions, drain their money with tv packages and gambling.

Reactions: RockytopJYB
We have a ton of guys with 5* hearts. We’ll start like heck working on things brick by brick. Aight.

How many more times do I have to hear I wasn’t good enough before he becomes good enough?
When I hear that from coaches it makes me think they want to get out ahead of the bad publicity and also down deep inside they want a little sympathy.

I assume you mean Golesh, but he’s not going to give up a head coaching job to be an OC again.

Is he even doing well at USF? I know they scared Bama a couple of times but has their w/l been good? If he hasn't done well, we could get him back.

It’s hard to win on the road and we have had back to back difficult games on the road at night. Quite frankly, Arkansas should probably be 4-1. I am not making excuses but it is what it is. If we crap the bed again offensively at home against Florida then we have deep issues and we very well may.
Arkansas easily could’ve won both games they lost, and they absolutely should’ve had Okie State. They controlled that one until the very end.

Don’t care to listen to excuses. There is no excuse for the trash we witnessed. On paper Heupel has a far superior roster. On the field, not so much.

Let me guess. He said, “It’s on me. I didn’t have them ready”. 🙄🙄🙄

Huepel did his best Roscoe P Coltrane impression tonight. Or was it Homer Simpson? Maybe Gomer Pyle? Barney Fife?

When you need a TD and your $8 million dollar 5 star QB runs out of bounds as time runs out, silence might be the better option. There is nothing to say and no excuse will do.

Who has nudes of Heupel with P Diddy that would explain him going into a turtle shell, scared to open the offense, and losing to an inferior team like Arkansas.
I mean he said it’s on him. What would you like him to do? Get on his knees and roll around on the floor? He’s in a position to lead men. We learn more about coaches after games like this.

The P Diddy reference makes you sound like someone who still laughs at Hawk Tuah memes.

Is he even doing well at USF? I know they scared Bama a couple of times but has their w/l been good? If he hasn't done well, we could get him back.
They got annihilated by Tulane last week and are now 2-3. At this point I think his USF tenure is more likely to end with him getting fired than him getting a bigger job. They are regressing from last year.

Reactions: volbound1700
I mean he said it’s on him. What would you like him to do? Get on his knees and roll around on the floor? He’s in a position to lead men. We learn more about coaches after games like this.

The P Diddy reference makes you sound like someone who still laughs at Hawk Tuah memes.

I get your point and think it was a decent presser. I think fans need to hear about how to turn it around like comments on eliminating penalties and opening up a more aggressive play book on offense that uses plants RB throws, TEs, etc. Basically some of that late game play book in the first quarter.

Reactions: Hairy Vols
I'd love for him to be Fulmer 2.0

Don't think Josh is winning any titles here unless Kirby abruptly retires.
Heupel isn't winning a NC title here regardless of who does or doesn’t retire. The Hendon Hooker year that gave us hope was a mirage.

No, the P Diddy reference is a joke to make light of the fact that the once thriving offense has suddenly become completely inept. What happened? Heupel has gone into a shell and it’s puzzling. He’s not giving his team a chance to win by playing conservatively. If your offense is nonexistent then you’d think the coach would display a little imagination instead of 1st down - run up the middle, 2nd down - run up the middle, 3rd down - pass. Heupel is very predictable. Maybe the secret to Heupels offense success left to coach UFC and now Huepel is lost in the wilderness of incompetence.

Reactions: cgrish
Don’t care to listen to excuses. There is no excuse for the trash we witnessed. On paper Heupel has a far superior roster. On the field, not so much.

Let me guess. He said, “It’s on me. I didn’t have them ready”. 🙄🙄🙄

Huepel did his best Roscoe P Coltrane impression tonight. Or was it Homer Simpson? Maybe Gomer Pyle? Barney Fife?

When you need a TD and your $8 million dollar 5 star QB runs out of bounds as time runs out, silence might be the better option. There is nothing to say and no excuse will do.

Who has nudes of Heupel with P Diddy that would explain him going into a turtle shell, scared to open the offense, and losing to an inferior team like Arkansas.
It's hard to open up the offense when the o-line sucks and can't block. It all starts upfront.

The only way Golesh comes back is to sit in the big chair, IMO.

Look at the "Saban Home for Failed Coaches."

If he comes back after being unsuccessful, he's probably Butch Jones. Guys like Kirby or Kiffin weren't coming back as assistants because they fledged successfully.

So far, Golesh is doing fine. If he doesn't do fine, do we really need him back?

The only way Golesh comes back is to sit in the big chair, IMO.

Look at the "Saban Home for Failed Coaches."

If he comes back after being unsuccessful, he's probably Butch Jones. Guys like Kirby or Kiffin weren't coming back as assistants because they fledged successfully.

So far, Golesh is doing fine. If he doesn't do fine, do we really need him back?

Some coaches are great coordinators but bad HCs. Look at Will Muschamp as an example.

Some coaches are great coordinators but bad HCs. Look at Will Muschamp as an example.
Yes, most aren't.

Muschamp currently resides at the "Kirby Smart Coaching Rehab Center" since Saban shut down his facility. Failure to fledge but he likely still wants a big chair, even at a small place, just like Butch.

Golesh is still young enough to want to build a career, even if he has a rocky start like Kiffin did. Muschamp is older. It didn't happen for him and it won't. The jury is still out on Golesh and he'd be crazy to step back down to a college AC job at his age.

We were up 2 scores with their 2nd string qb in. He looked like s••• the first 2 series he was in. We had the Mo…. then the roughing the kicker. That took the Mo and probably cost us the game. I would bet Coaching didn’t have a lot to do with that. Looked to me he was blocked into him and he tried to miss him.
Their QB was dropping dimes on what was pretty decent coverage. We had trouble running the ball which we’ve done extremely well all year. What plays would y’all have called considering their D alignment? We have so many knowledgeable football minds I’m sure someone can tell us how and why.

We were up 2 scores with their 2nd string qb in. He looked like s••• the first 2 series he was in. We had the Mo…. then the roughing the kicker. That took the Mo and probably cost us the game. I would bet Coaching didn’t have a lot to do with that. Looked to me he was blocked into him and he tried to miss him.
Their QB was dropping dimes on what was pretty decent coverage. We had trouble running the ball which we’ve done extremely well all year. What plays would y’all have called considering their D alignment? We have so many knowledgeable football minds I’m sure someone can tell us how and why.
This is one of the most reasonable and well thought responses. Winning in the sec is hard, especially on the road. Poorly timed penalties didn’t help us last night. On to the next one

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC

VN Store

Back