Heupel post game press conference Arkansas

I mean, I don't have any problem with the presser. Heupel said it's on him, which is the truth. We'll see how he and his team responds after this loss. That's all there is to do about it.
You are a head coach in the SEC. Everything is on you. Do your job. Be smart enough to know Bobby Petrino is going to make it challenging on your defense. You have to coach to win. Problem is, this offense is not that good when the other team’s D Coordinator knows you only run 4 or 5 plays. Stop running on 2nd and 10+. Or maybe CJH knows his guys are not capable of opening up against a decent D. Two games in a row with terribly conservative play calling with a lead should tell us there is something he does not trust about this offense.

You are a head coach in the SEC. Everything is on you. Do your job. Be smart enough to know Bobby Petrino is going to make it challenging on your defense. You have to coach to win. Problem is, this offense is not that good when the other team’s D Coordinator knows you only run 4 or 5 plays. Stop running on 2nd and 10+. Or maybe CJH knows his guys are not capable of opening up against a decent D. Two games in a row with terribly conservative play calling with a lead should tell us there is something he does not trust about this offense.
There were a few times we ran on 3rd and long as well (one was 3rd and 11). Not understanding the playcalling at all. Trying to put it on the defense every single game will eventually get you beat and it did last night.

4?? I thought it was 2, ha. Yeah I would have liked for him to have said I plan to use more than the 2-4 plays I used in the game tonight against UF.
Can you and your buddy show us the 2 or 4 plays? While your at it break down the film and show them to us. Im wandering why Bama ran 35 plays and still lost. We have some starving fans on here trying to understand all this. So glad we have fans with the knowledge able to detect all these problems. Were all the blocking schemes the same too? Is it the same play if you have different blocking schemes? I bet the receivers get bored just running 2 routes the whole game. Is punting a play too? I bet your buddy counted the extra point as a play. Do you have a photographic memory or did you stay up all night counting plays? Did you take football in college?

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
"Yeah, we had a week to get better and prepare for this game and well you could see it on the field."

It's hard to open up the offense when the o-line sucks and can't block. It all starts upfront.

Don’t disagree, but we really haven’t had a world beating line since he got here and they’ve made it work. What’s different now? Remember, we have a veteran loaded presence at that position group.

Reactions: TN1111
We were up 2 scores with their 2nd string qb in. He looked like s••• the first 2 series he was in. We had the Mo…. then the roughing the kicker. That took the Mo and probably cost us the game. I would bet Coaching didn’t have a lot to do with that. Looked to me he was blocked into him and he tried to miss him.
Their QB was dropping dimes on what was pretty decent coverage. We had trouble running the ball which we’ve done extremely well all year. What plays would y’all have called considering their D alignment? We have so many knowledgeable football minds I’m sure someone can tell us how and why.

We couldn’t run against a 3 man front. We had 6 blocking 5 and wasn’t getting anything. How many passes did we try across the middle? No slants or crossing routes. Defense was constantly out of position and letting them throw 2 yard passes and run for 20. At some point you have to try something different no matter what they’re showing. Call a play and beat somebody. Then you have Nico who is scared to throw and the last play was inexcusable. It’s not the end of the world but everyone should be pissed after that performance.

Heupel isn't winning a NC title here regardless of who does or doesn’t retire. The Hendon Hooker year that gave us hope was a mirage.

No, the P Diddy reference is a joke to make light of the fact that the once thriving offense has suddenly become completely inept. What happened? Heupel has gone into a shell and it’s puzzling. He’s not giving his team a chance to win by playing conservatively. If your offense is nonexistent then you’d think the coach would display a little imagination instead of 1st down - run up the middle, 2nd down - run up the middle, 3rd down - pass. Heupel is very predictable. Maybe the secret to Heupels offense success left to coach UFC and now Huepel is lost in the wilderness of incompetence.
The offense hasn’t looked great no doubt. But the fact reminds he has a better winning pedigree than any coach we’ve had in the past 20+ years.

He’s won more top 25 games than every coach over the past 20+ years combined. We are pulling in top talent, and we are staying in the top 10-15 most years consistently.

You’re making the bold “takes” but really you’re just making easy assumptions statistically and trying to sound intelligent.

Ex: “Heupel will never will a National Championship”.. statically speaking 99% of coaches will never win a national championship. It’s like if I said right now “Nico will never win the Heisman”… statistically I’m probably right because 99% of players don’t win it… it doesn’t make me intelligent, or it doesn’t prove I know football. It just shows I can statistically easy assumption.

All that aside, if you don’t understand football or general concepts I would love to help! You’re welcome to DM if you want to discus it privately. I have some great books for beginners I also wouldn’t mind sending you! Look forward to hearing from you brother.

I get your point and think it was a decent presser. I think fans need to hear about how to turn it around like comments on eliminating penalties and opening up a more aggressive play book on offense that uses plants RB throws, TEs, etc. Basically some of that late game play book in the first quarter.
I think they need to watch film first. I do truly believe some soul searching will need to be done. I except Nico to look sharp on his first drive versus Florida, but I think we will truly know if a corner has been turned by his second drive. I still believe in this team and this young man. (Sorry if I strayed off topic there a little).

Can you and your buddy show us the 2 or 4 plays? While your at it break down the film and show them to us. Im wandering why Bama ran 35 plays and still lost. We have some starving fans on here trying to understand all this. So glad we have fans with the knowledge able to detect all these problems. Were all the blocking schemes the same too? Is it the same play if you have different blocking schemes? I bet the receivers get bored just running 2 routes the whole game. Is punting a play too? I bet your buddy counted the extra point as a play. Do you have a photographic memory or did you stay up all night counting plays? Did you take football in college?

We were just having a little fun being facetious, you understand that word? Here it is: treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; Maybe I should have used blue font but didn't think anyone would really take me seriously. Congrats

I mean, I don't have any problem with the presser. Heupel said it's on him, which is the truth. We'll see how he and his team responds after this loss. That's all there is to do about it.

Heupel will need to make some changes on his coaching staff after this season.

Banks, CWM and possibly Ellarbee if Pittman is fired by Arkansas.

Actually, the rosters aren’t super far apart according to the 247 composite rankings. We’re 17th and the Hogs are 26th. A 9 spot difference is close enough that playing on the road is a factor. Add in that we made more mistakes that they did and there you go.
Also don’t help when they don’t get drive crushing hold penalties like us especially when it’s clear and obvious.

Arky got away with a ton of holds, including one that helped spring the big run at the end that forced us to let them score.
One positive: there are two games now on film with that defense vs our offense, how they slowed us down, how they stopped us, what we had success with.
There is also footage of the holds that were not called and, hopefully, somebody in the league can interpret what they are/are not calling moving forward vs what (allegedly) constitutes holding. There’s no reason for that to be an issue, especially if an official is looking right at it.
It’s time for CJH and his staff to earn their salaries by adjusting and proceeding.

The score was 14 3 into 3rd quarter and we’re looking good!. Then About mid field fourth and 3 we have the decision to make. I’m thinking make the first down and go up 21 3! Instead we punt it away! At the time I think now we will be at 14 10! That happened and that potential swing was the ball game! We had been looking good but abandoned it and that was the game!

Bro's getting 10 million a year to call 4 different plays on offense
Are they the famous up the middle, and then the up the middle again, and the up the middle once again, and not to be outdone, one more time up the middle....

Afterall, he is an offensive genius.

The score was 14 3 into 3rd quarter and we’re looking good!. Then About mid field fourth and 3 we have the decision to make. I’m thinking make the first down and go up 21 3! Instead we punt it away! At the time I think now we will be at 14 10! That happened and that potential swing was the ball game! We had been looking good but abandoned it and that was the game!
Yep, we were on the Arkansas 45 and had just scored twice. I definitely agree that we should’ve went for it.

We will never destroy UF. Beat them on occasion? Yes. Destroy them? No. I mean you’d think them coming into neyland we’d make them beg for the game to be over, but the Florida mental block will get us. It will likely be a game like last night. Ugly and low scoring where the team that has the least amount of boneheaded penalties wins.

Good point…and when was the last time we had the least amount of boneheaded penalties in an SEC game? I don’t even want to look that up…

Reactions: rocketskates
Good point…and when was the last time we had the least amount of boneheaded penalties in an SEC game? I don’t even want to look that up…

I’ll take care of it for you. Last major game that comes to mind was 2022 Bama. We know the ending.

“The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win”. My favorite and imo most important of the General’s maxims.

Reactions: RockytopJYB
We were up 2 scores with their 2nd string qb in. He looked like s••• the first 2 series he was in. We had the Mo…. then the roughing the kicker. That took the Mo and probably cost us the game. I would bet Coaching didn’t have a lot to do with that. Looked to me he was blocked into him and he tried to miss him.
Their QB was dropping dimes on what was pretty decent coverage. We had trouble running the ball which we’ve done extremely well all year. What plays would y’all have called considering their D alignment? We have so many knowledgeable football minds I’m sure someone can tell us how and why.

Thank you for that.

The reactions on here get beyond ridiculous after a loss.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

VN Store

Back