Heupel post game press conference Arkansas

Heupel will need to make some changes on his coaching staff after this season.

Banks, CWM and possibly Ellarbee if Pittman is fired by Arkansas.
Arkansas will probably make a bowl and that will stave off the hot seat for Pittman

No one on the defensive staff is anywhere near a hot seat right now.

Reactions: tbh
The offense hasn’t looked great no doubt. But the fact reminds he has a better winning pedigree than any coach we’ve had in the past 20+ years.

He’s won more top 25 games than every coach over the past 20+ years combined. We are pulling in top talent, and we are staying in the top 10-15 most years consistently.

You’re making the bold “takes” but really you’re just making easy assumptions statistically and trying to sound intelligent.

Ex: “Heupel will never will a National Championship”.. statically speaking 99% of coaches will never win a national championship. It’s like if I said right now “Nico will never win the Heisman”… statistically I’m probably right because 99% of players don’t win it… it doesn’t make me intelligent, or it doesn’t prove I know football. It just shows I can statistically easy assumption.

All that aside, if you don’t understand football or general concepts I would love to help! You’re welcome to DM if you want to discus it privately. I have some great books for beginners I also wouldn’t mind sending you! Look forward to hearing from you brother.
You’re more than welcome to keep the orange shades on if you like. Fair warning, it does blind you from reality checks.

You’re more than welcome to keep the orange shades on if you like. Fair warning, it does blind you from reality checks.
Doesn’t it seem ironic mentioning a reality check when playing the whole “world is falling card” after one loss and making bold predictions based on easy probabilities?

Reactions: 865er
He took the blame. Said everything has to be better including him. No excuses, no complaining, no coach speak.

Reactions: Hairy Vols
Doesn’t it seem ironic mentioning a reality check when playing the whole “world is falling card” after one loss and making bold predictions based on easy probabilities?
14 point favorites and lost. In what world do you live in that thinks the current inept offense is going to somehow flip the script a week out from Florida after getting mud stomped by Arkansas? If Arkansas hadn’t tripped all over themselves they would’ve beat the Vols by 17 or more. The highly touted Vol offense was held to less than 100 yards in the first half. Some of y’all need to wake up. This offense run by Nico is worse than last years offense run by Milton. I have zero confidence in the offense to beat Florida, Bama, and Georgia. And if they don’t find a rhythm really soon the Vols will lose to Kentucky or Vandy. Maybe both. Kentucky took Georgia to the wire and Vandy just beat Bama so…….it is what it is. This offense sucks and Nico is not the generational QB folks tout him to be. I can name several freshman QB’s better than Nico over the past 10 years. It’s quite possible that Arch Manning is significantly better than Nico or at least he has a better coach.

14 point favorites and lost. In what world do you live in that thinks the current inept offense is going to somehow flip the script a week out from Florida after getting mud stomped by Arkansas? If Arkansas hadn’t tripped all over themselves they would’ve beat the Vols by 17 or more. The highly touted Vol offense was held to less than 100 yards in the first half. Some of y’all need to wake up. This offense run by Nico is worse than last years offense run by Milton. I have zero confidence in the offense to beat Florida, Bama, and Georgia. And if they don’t find a rhythm really soon the Vols will lose to Kentucky or Vandy. Maybe both. Kentucky took Georgia to the wire and Vandy just beat Bama so…….it is what it is. This offense sucks and Nico is not the generational QB folks tout him to be. I can name several freshman QB’s better than Nico over the past 10 years. It’s quite possible that Arch Manning is significantly better than Nico or at least he has a better coach.
Those are opinions. And time will tell if they are correct. But I still believe in this team and coaching staff. They have lead us to the best heights in 20+ years.

No reason to sit back and complain about who we would rather have, we just have to hope they get better and assume the best until proven otherwise.

I’m going to bet on my guys versus against them. I suggest you do the same for your own mental wellbeing.

Those are opinions. And time will tell if they are correct. But I still believe in this team and coaching staff. They have lead us to the best heights in 20+ years.

No reason to sit back and complain about who we would rather have, we just have to hope they get better and assume the best until proven otherwise.

I’m going to bet on my guys versus against them. I suggest you do the same for your own mental wellbeing.
Look, I’m a Vol through and through. I wear my orange proudly. Power T on top of my head every day win or lose. There was a time in my life that if you talked trash about my Vols to my face, we’d come to blows if you didn’t shut up but those days are behind me. I’m too old for that BS now but the beast still lives in me. I’m die hard and I’m pissed that this coaching staff 4 years in is regressing. Still losing games they should win. The OL is horrible. The DB’s are horrible. The WR’s can’t get separation. The QB stares down his WR’s and doesn’t appear to go through progressions. All of that is coaching. Something must change before the Vols turn the corner. I’m sick of the hype. The Vols must either put up or shut up and from my perspective the head coach is intentionally pulling back the reigns and that won’t win much in the SEC. I’d rather lose knowing I gave it everything I had. I didn’t see that last night. I saw conservative BS in hopes that the defense would salvage the win and that pisses me off. Either go all in or don’t bother. That’s just the way I am. Half assing it is why the Vols lost last night.

Reactions: loservol and cgrish
5db56bf3-da63-4542-ab92-ea0e38de2521_text.gif

Reactions: VolRage
Look, I’m a Vol through and through. I wear my orange proudly. Power T on top of my head every day win or lose. There was a time in my life that if you talked trash about my Vols to my face, we’d come to blows if you didn’t shut up but those days are behind me. I’m too old for that BS now but the beast still lives in me. I’m die hard and I’m pissed that this coaching staff 4 years in is regressing. Still losing games they should win. The OL is horrible. The DB’s are horrible. The WR’s can’t get separation. The QB stares down his WR’s and doesn’t appear to go through progressions. All of that is coaching. Something must change before the Vols turn the corner. I’m sick of the hype. The Vols must either put up or shut up and from my perspective the head coach is intentionally pulling back the reigns and that won’t win much in the SEC. I’d rather lose knowing I gave it everything I had. I didn’t see that last night. I saw conservative BS in hopes that the defense would salvage the win and that pisses me off. Either go all in or don’t bother. That’s just the way I am. Half assing it is why the Vols lost last night.
If you’re sick of the hype, I can promise you more coaching change and coaching carousel would not help the program.

Maybe just stop watching until we are good. Idk what to tell you. The level you want is it that you want? Even when prime Fulmer was here we faltered and lost.

If you’re sick of the hype, I can promise you more coaching change and coaching carousel would not help the program.

Maybe just stop watching until we are good. Idk what to tell you. The level you want is it that you want? Even when prime Fulmer was here we faltered and lost.
True, the Florida curse was puzzling through the Fulmer years. I fear this coming weekend won’t fair well for the Vols. They’ll find a new creative way to lose to Florida in Neyland that no other Vol team has thought of yet.

True, the Florida curse was puzzling through the Fulmer years. I fear this coming weekend won’t fair well for the Vols. They’ll find a new creative way to lose to Florida in Neyland that no other Vol team has thought of yet.
Well for all intents and purposes brother let’s hope you’re wrong. Let’s revisit this discussion then. We will have a completely different outlook, for better or worse, after that game.

We were up 2 scores with their 2nd string qb in. He looked like s••• the first 2 series he was in. We had the Mo…. then the roughing the kicker. That took the Mo and probably cost us the game. I would bet Coaching didn’t have a lot to do with that. Looked to me he was blocked into him and he tried to miss him.
Their QB was dropping dimes on what was pretty decent coverage. We had trouble running the ball which we’ve done extremely well all year. What plays would y’all have called considering their D alignment? We have so many knowledgeable football minds I’m sure someone can tell us how and why.
quick hitting passes, slants, roll out options

You are a head coach in the SEC. Everything is on you. Do your job. Be smart enough to know Bobby Petrino is going to make it challenging on your defense. You have to coach to win. Problem is, this offense is not that good when the other team’s D Coordinator knows you only run 4 or 5 plays. Stop running on 2nd and 10+. Or maybe CJH knows his guys are not capable of opening up against a decent D. Two games in a row with terribly conservative play calling with a lead should tell us there is something he does not trust about this offense.
Either he does not trust or he trust his defense too much.

We couldn’t run against a 3 man front. We had 6 blocking 5 and wasn’t getting anything. How many passes did we try across the middle? No slants or f CT B
kitty’s
crossing routes. Defense was constantly out of position and letting them throw 2 yard passes and run for 20. At some point you have to try something different no matter what they’re showing. Call a play and beat somebody. Then you have Nico who is scared to throw and the last play was inexcusable. It’s not the end of the world but everyone should be pissed after that performance.

We couldn’t run against a 3 man front. We had 6 blocking 5 and wasn’t getting anything. How many passes did we try across the middle? No slants or crossing routes. Defense was constantly out of position and letting them throw 2 yard passes and run for 20. At some point you have to try something different no matter what they’re showing. Call a play and beat somebody. Then you have Nico who is scared to throw and the last play was inexcusable. It’s not the end of the world but everyone should be pissed after that performance.
We must have watched a different game…
Maybe you need to give CH a call and explain
It to him. Being pissed is one thing.but running off at the mouth when it’s obvious you ain’t got a clue is another.
Heupel will need to make some changes on his coaching staff after this season.

Banks, CWM and possibly Ellarbee if Pittman is fired by Arkansas.
Banks? Arkansas scored 19 points… Good lord!!

kitty’s

We must have watched a different game…
Maybe you need to give CH a call and explain
It to him. Being pissed is one thing.but running off at the mouth when it’s obvious you ain’t got a clue is another.

Banks? Arkansas scored 19 points… Good lord!!

Banks will probably have his pick/choice of head coaching openings.

Kind of disappointed that he didn't own up to crippling the offense with timid play calling . Just saying " it starts with me " isn't exactly owning it.
He has admitted that he should have called a timeout after the pass to Thornton set us up at the 25. That cost us about 20 seconds. We had two timeouts.

VN Store

Back