Heupel vs Pruitt vs Jones vs Dooley - Three Years In

How do you rank Hart and Hamilton as AD? Hart worst ever, but who is second worst? Oh for the Days of Dickey😂.
Dickey????🤣🤣🤣🤣 He cut from us in 1969 at least as bad as Kiffin did in 2009. Yeah, he got back here as AD and did an admirable job for fundraising and the football program. He had Pat for women's basketball, Thank God! All other programs slid into mediocrity except men's basketball, which slid into the cellar. He didn't give a damn either. We went from being nationally relevant to being a doormat while he was there, and didn't give a damn. Fuuuuk him. He was still holding a grudge for the basketball program because Mears became more popular than him while they were head coaches. Mears had coined "Big Orange Country".

If all you care about is football, then I get your post

And still the worst loss in Tennessee history was the 0 - 38 we took with him in 1969 at Ole Miss. We were 8-0, ranked no. 3 and primed to play for the national championship. It's the worst loss because we were LOADED

Last edited:
We were talking about that at Thanksgiving dinner. 27 wins in 3 years is a little better than some seem to realize.

I’ll run the numbers but good chance no other sec team outside of Bama and Georgia has done that the last three years

Dickey????🤣🤣🤣🤣 He cut from us in 1969 at least as bad as Kiffin did in 2009. Yeah, he got back here as AD and did an admirable job for fundraising and the football program. He had Pat for women's basketball, Thank God! All other programs slid into mediocrity except men's basketball, which slid into the cellar. He didn't give a damn either. We went from being nationally relevant to being a doormat while he was there, and didn't give a damn. Fuuuuk him. He was still holding a grudge for the basketball program because Mears became more popular than him while they were head coaches. Mears had coined "Big Orange Country".

If all you care about is football, then I get your post

And still the worst loss in Tennessee history was the 0 - 38 we took with him in 1969 at Ole Miss. We were 8-0, ranked no. 3 and primed to play for the national championship. It's the worst loss because we were LOADED
Glad someone here gets it! BTW, as far as women's basketball goes, it was run by Joan Cronan, not Dickie.

He’s has the best three year start of any UT coach since Bill Battle when you consider what he took over

Reactions: Sarms58
How do you rank Hart and Hamilton as AD? Hart worst ever, but who is second worst? Oh for the Days of Dickey😂.

Hamilton was worse than Hart because of the low Kiffin buy out and the hiring of Raleigh to replace Delmonico which set the baseball program back for a number of years until Currie hired Vitello.

Hart's best hire was Barnes who fell into his lap after the Tyndall fiasco.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Yep...Heupel has the best second best first 3 years since Bill Battle. Only Fulmer had a better start.
And Battle was coaching players recruited by Dickey. Look at what he had on the team when he left. We were playing with linemen and line backers who barely weighed 200 pounds at some positions. He was a pretty good Xs and Os coach, he just could not recruit Jimmy and Joes.

Reactions: Sarms58
Maybe?

I'm not disagreeing with your statement, but also consider...

Kiffin inherited the UT brand and Fulmer's recruits. Fulmer had two rough years (out of 17) and 15 years of 8+ wins. Look what Heupel got 🤷‍♂️

Kiffin had an all star coaching staff

I don't believe any of Dooley, Jones, Pruitt or Heupel inherited much talent.

We would have been /very good/ if Kiffin had stayed. He put together a very strong staff. Look what he's done at Ole Miss, and you can
imagine what he could have done here.

Dooley and Pruitt were the two WORST hires in Tennessee football history.

Tyndall was the WORST hire in men's basketball.

Raleigh was the WORST hire in baseball.
I agree with two of the three. I think Kevin O'Neill was the absolute worst hire in men's basketball.

I don't believe any of Dooley, Jones, Pruitt or Heupel inherited much talent.

We would have been /very good/ if Kiffin had stayed. He put together a very strong staff. Look what he's done at Ole Miss, and you can
imagine what he could have done here.

OF the 4, Heupel started off with the best roster of all of them.

VN Store

Back