Hire Holgerson....

Time for my annual post on VN . . . I heard Dana Holgerson at WV was contacted this week. Absolutely no evidence to validate that claim. Thoughts?

I think he would hire a good defensive staff, because he would know he has to. If he brought his staff from WVU with him, I would be disappointed. I just love the swag of WVU right now.

Then how come he doesn't hire a good DC were he is at now? They got rolled last Saturday by Texas Tech and Tubbs

Here's a question, and since I can't post new threads yet I'll have to put in on here, but...

When does John Chavis get the chance to finally become a head coach??? Does he even want to be a head coach???

Everyone is talking about the WVU coach and how he is still an offense, but no defense type...well...what about Chavis???

Just asking...I'm still a Dooley supporter.

Someone would have to be an absolute imbecile to want Petrino as their head coach. No character whatsoever. Nothing but a lying snake in the grass. We would be on probation within a couple of years.

Reactions: 1 person
If he got a good defensive coordinator, he would dominate the SEC with the offense he runs. Think Petrino without all the baggage.

Again, if/when Dooley is fired, no great coach will come to U.T.
If/when Dooley is fired, a coach from a lower level will come to U.T. Marshall, Southern Miss., East Carolina,
Tulane, Tulsa, will end up being where the next coach will come from UNLESS Hart hires Kirby Smart, his boy from Alabama. Kirby Smart will be a train wreck of a hire.....

If/when Dooley is fired, a coach from a lower level will come to U.T. Marshall, Southern Miss., East Carolina,
Tulane, Tulsa, will end up being where the next coach will come from UNLESS Hart hires Kirby Smart, his boy from Alabama. Kirby Smart will be a train wreck of a hire.....

Ok bro.

Here's a question, and since I can't post new threads yet I'll have to put in on here, but...

When does John Chavis get the chance to finally become a head coach??? Does he even want to be a head coach???

Everyone is talking about the WVU coach and how he is still an offense, but no defense type...well...what about Chavis???

Just asking...I'm still a Dooley supporter.

I think Chavis has said before he's going to coach 1 or 2 more years and retire.

It's sad they have imploded like they have, but Holgerson is still a MUCH better option than Dooley ever thought about being.

Holgerson is a gamble in my mind. It seems like he pays very little attention to defense, which is a horrible idea in the SEC. Also is resume is built entirely on scoring a lot of points in the Big 12 and the Big East. That doesn't work in this league.

Holgerson is a gamble in my mind. It seems like he pays very little attention to defense, which is a horrible idea in the SEC. Also is resume is built entirely on scoring a lot of points in the Big 12 and the Big East. That doesn't work in this league.

Rich Rod took the previous DC, who had them in the Top 35 in defense, and as high as 6th in Total Defense 2 years ago, IIRC.

Rich Rod took the previous DC, who had them in the Top 35 in defense, and as high as 6th in Total Defense 2 years ago, IIRC.

And what does that have to do with the current head coach and DC???? Nothing... The previous statement is still true... He doesn't pay much attention to defense

This like the battered wife that stays in the relationship so she won't be lonely. It's time for independence day. We will be just fine.

Tubs has built a good football team at TT. WVU getting beat doesn't change the fact that Holgerson would coach circles around the current staff.

You didn't mention the current staff, you said he would dominate the SEC. Doesn't change the fact that you're wrong.

Gives up 60 to Baylor and gets blown out by Texas Tech with the best Qb in the nation. Not the answer guys.
That's why it's been mentioned he'd HAVE to hire a no brainer at DC (maybe Derrick Mason, the DC at Stanford). He was a hot name earlier in the season. Their offense was as scary as Oregon's. Just remember last year, when they had a decent defense...they gutter stomped Clemson (70pts) in the Orange Bowl.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_bxup_8jqE[/youtube]

Last edited:

VN Store

Back