House of the Dragon

Well nevermind.

5 is about where I thought it started getting good.

The writing was so lazy.

Negan is just waltzing around the fortress wall and they've got a hunting rifle and don't take a shot?? It was an easy shot. There was no explanation as to why they wouldn't take it. They could have left the rifle out of the equation. They could have put an obstacle between Negan and the shooter. They could have depicted the shooter as being gun shy. We didn't get any of that? We're just screaming at the TV, "why?!"

That was the last of a million straws.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
The writing was so lazy.

Negan is just waltzing around the fortress wall and they've got a hunting rifle and don't take a shot?? It was an easy shot. There was no explanation as to why they wouldn't take it. They could have left the rifle out of the equation. They could have put an obstacle between Negan and the shooter. They could have depicted the shooter as being gun shy. We didn't get any of that? We're just screaming at the TV, "why?!"

That was the last of a million straws.
Well, Go on and enjoy your flying dragon show then. Lol.

I love me some Jeffery Dean Morgan. He's a perfect Negan.

Very good first episode. I think we have a few seasons to determine it’s legacy…no rush.

Reactions: jakez4ut
For fantasy fans, not many high quality options to choose from. Why not give it a chance?

I guess, can't be any worse than that Amazon Lord of the Rings series is going to be. We could solve the energy crisis by hooking up a generator to Tolkien's spinning corpse.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Why the hell would you watch this after how badly they botched the ending to GOT?

Because there’s so much they can do with this. So many characters they can create/dig in to, back stories and history, or things mentioned in game of thrones to explore. Overall game of thrones was one of my favorite shows all time. A weak ending doesn’t negate all of the greatness. And honestly based on the first episode, I’m really excited for the rest of this.

Reactions: Behr
I believe I'm one of the very few that wasn't bothered by the ending.

I started getting annoyed with the writing shortcuts by about season 6 but mostly enjoyed the entire run. By the end of the show, I was ready for all of that to happen and I didn't mind the ending, other than the stuff with Bran and the council. The whole Jon Snow/Denaryus thing seemed inevitable. It was incest, people. She was cool with it. She was cool with slaughtering people who wouldn't bend the knee. That started well before season 8. Everybody should have seen it coming. She slowly became the villain and hardly anybody noticed.

I'm cool with it. Expectation is so low since they cocked up Season 8 so badly, but im cautiously optimistic after last night.

I think Martin has more control over this series. He fought hard to get GOT to do 10 seasons because he knew 8 wasn’t enough but he lost the battle to the writers. He did an interview recently where he said he has more control and I think he even got to pick or have a final say which pilot or spin-off got made. That all bodes well for the series.

Reactions: ATC_VOL

VN Store

Back