House of the Dragon

I started getting annoyed with the writing shortcuts by about season 6 but mostly enjoyed the entire run. By the end of the show, I was ready for all of that to happen and I didn't mind the ending, other than the stuff with Bran and the council. The whole Jon Snow/Denaryus thing seemed inevitable. It was incest, people. She was cool with it. She was cool with slaughtering people who wouldn't bend the knee. That started well before season 8. Everybody should have seen it coming. She slowly became the villain and hardly anybody noticed.

This started around season 7 for me. I started really raising some eyebrows at the repeated instances of “Main characters almost die and get saved at the last second” typical Hollywood trope we’ve all seen a million times. Just didn’t seem very Thrones to me.

Then the Jon/The Hound/Gendry crew went beyond the wall and took like 3 randoms with them who were obviously meant to die while the main folks were wearing their plot armor. Again, very Hollywood.

Last edited:
I started getting annoyed with the writing shortcuts by about season 6 but mostly enjoyed the entire run. By the end of the show, I was ready for all of that to happen and I didn't mind the ending, other than the stuff with Bran and the council. The whole Jon Snow/Denaryus thing seemed inevitable. It was incest, people. She was cool with it. She was cool with slaughtering people who wouldn't bend the knee. That started well before season 8. Everybody should have seen it coming. She slowly became the villain and hardly anybody noticed.
I've said that the most disappointing aspect of the way it ended was that it ended.

There was no good way to go out. The worst part was that there was no more GOT.

The actual story end didn't really bother me at all.

I've said that the most disappointing aspect of the way it ended was that it ended.

There was no good way to go out. The worst part was that there was no more GOT.

The actual story end didn't really bother me at all.

I thought Sansa should have taken the iron throne. Bran is a character that never really landed.

I thought Sansa should have taken the iron throne. Bran is a character that never really landed.
I think Bran is the true villain of the story. Sort of kidding, but he did say being king was the reason he came all that way. He was using people as pawns. He could have stopped a lot of bloodshed but he didn’t.

The council scene with his selection as king really fell flat. It’s what left a sour taste in my mouth, more than the hyper speed checking off of plot points that they did in season 8.

This started around season 7 for me. I started really raising some eyebrows at the repeated instances of “Main characters almost die and get saved at the last second” typical Hollywood trope we’ve all seen a million times. Just didn’t seem very Thrones to me.

Then the Jon/The Hound/Gendry crew went beyond the wall and took like 3 randoms with them who were obviously meant to die while the main folks were wearing their plot armor. Again, very Hollywood.
Season 5 for me. I think that's also when Martin's involvement in the show was significantly reduced. And everything after that felt rushed like they were just trying to end it.

I thought the first episode was fine but I'm keeping expectations low. Interested to see how the showrunners fill in the blanks. The source material reads like a history textbook, it's not a detailed novel like the game of thrones asoiaf series where you have POV characters. They will have a lot of creative license (with a good amount of input from GRRM I'm sure- any work he can use as an excuse to not finish the books he will take) to really fill in the gaps of what is pretty much a bare bones text.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I randomly went back and watched the "Battle of the Bastards" episode of GoT this week and there was a scene where Yara Greyjoy made a comment to Daenerys that there had never been a Queen of Westeros, so now I'm really interested in how the story of the princess evolves moving forward.

I randomly went back and watched the "Battle of the Bastards" episode of GoT this week and there was a scene where Yara Greyjoy made a comment to Daenerys that there had never been a Queen of Westeros, so now I'm really interested in how the story of the princess evolves moving forward.

They kinda screwed that up with Cersei didn’t they

I'll be a fan of this show if major characters die. Not some minor bs. I want my fing heart ripped out every season by some main character's death.

Reactions: n_huffhines
I mean that’s a fan made wiki and it’s just not true. At the time of her rule (without Robert) literally no one from the north recognized her as ruler. Dorne didn’t answer to her. Etc.

At the very most she ruled The Rock, The Reach, The Stormlands, and King’s Landing.
She declared herself queen of the 7. Met with snow and the Dragon queen as such. It’s not worth arguing about but it’s just another F up that happened at the end of the show that didn’t happen earlier.

next let’s argue about
“I can’t be lord of anything “
Followed by
“Why do you think I came all this way”

She declared herself queen of the 7. Met with snow and the Dragon queen as such. It’s not worth arguing about but it’s just another F up that happened at the end of the show that didn’t happen earlier.

next let’s argue about
“I can’t be lord of anything “
Followed by
“Why do you think I came all this way”

Now this one I’m with you on. That was a terrible oversight, but what’s confusing about that is who is to blame. This was GGRM’s story, including his ending that only a select few (D&D among them) knew. So they knew all along Bran would be king.

So how did that even happen?? They could have avoided so much flack just by doing something crazy like… not having Bran say that.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Now this one I’m with you on. That was a terrible oversight, but what’s confusing about that is who is to blame. This was GGRM’s story, including his ending that only a select few (D&D among them) knew. So they knew all along Bran would be king.

So how did that even happen?? They could have avoided so much flack just by doing something crazy like… not having Bran say that.

that’s where some of us got so aggravated. It got so rushed at the end that it felt like a different show than the beginning.

Reactions: TheDeeble
I saw where, not sure if spoiler:
They are doing a time jump and Rhaenyra is re-cast mid-season. That's disappointing to say the least. She was easily the best part of the pilot along with Daemon. That second actress is going to have a tough time from the get go.

I saw where, not sure if spoiler:
They are doing a time jump and Rhaenyra is re-cast mid-season. That's disappointing to say the least. She was easily the best part of the pilot along with Daemon. That second actress is going to have a tough time from the get go.

Yes this is correct. You can see it in the show credits on IMDB.

I’m not even sure it’s mid-season, I think it’s pretty early on.

Wonder how much of that is bc HBO doesnt have many marquis/marquee events or shows loaded in the queue?

Was very surprised they let Mighty Eighth go to Apple TV, was really dissappointed. They teased their fall and winter lineup for 22, needless to say was very underwhelmed.

Amazon, Apple, and even NF are giving them a content run for their money.

Tried the new Prequel. Held my attention for about 10 minutes.

VN Store

Back