How Do We Attack NCSU Defense

If they only keep 6 in the box, we simply run down their throat all night.

If they drop a safety down, we do anything we want
The Huep offense is fairly simple. It's all a numbers game....and it's really fast.

•Spread it wide.
•Force the defense to show their hand while lined up
• +/= numbers in the box, run it straight ahead.
• - numbers in the box = man/1on1 coverage outside and I'll take our WRs Every. Single. Time.

Austin Peay was running it if I’m not mistaken. We all know that final score was not indicative of the game. We looked terrible in that game until we pulled away late.
We basically used that game as Joe Milton’s very own “Get Right” game to see how we could improve throwing the ball over the middle. It was an obviously an ugly performance.

I expect to see some big run plays. The 3-3-5 is designed to confuse o line but it also means if the linebacker coming down is on a different side than the rb goes, the rb will have a chance for big runs. Also expect slot receivers and TEs to eat today. Should be big plays all around.

In the seams if you’re throwing it and off the edge if you’re running it. 4 verticals will always kill cover 3 which is the base for stack 3. Also you’re QB & skills have to execute

Reminder to the Overthrow Joe fans. Nico was on the bench last year. They have now out scored opponents 142-6 in his starts. Reminder. He was on the bench all year last year watching overthrow Joe talking smack after overthrowing a wide open receiver by 30 yards.

Not trying to be negative, just curious about how you attack this defensive alignment. I personally believe if our offensive line controls the los our running backs will feast. Nico has to not force passes, and use his feet when necessary.
3 man front? Run run run.

Blow the whistle...Blow the whistle!
2168870686.0.jpg

Think now that we have 3 quality TEs playing 12 personnel formation is going to allow us to attack the 3-3-5 much better than previous years

Reactions: StarRaider
I want to attack the middle of that defense bc I don’t think their linebackers are worth a damn. I want to run straight at them, work the RPO game and hit some slants and underneath stuff. They’re going to try and keep everything in front of them so the quick hitters outside the hash are going to be there too. Eventually we’re going to hit one over the top.
Nailed it.

I want to attack the middle of that defense bc I don’t think their linebackers are worth a damn. I want to run straight at them, work the RPO game and hit some slants and underneath stuff. They’re going to try and keep everything in front of them so the quick hitters outside the hash are going to be there too. Eventually we’re going to hit one over the top.
I stand by my pregame assessment of their linebackers

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

The lack of quick screens was interesting to me. I would have loved to have seen more (although I know most of our fan base hates them)

I’m not sure why we didn’t. Maybe they were playing a lot of press?

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
The lack of quick screens was interesting to me. I would have loved to have seen more (although I know most of our fan base hates them)

I’m not sure why we didn’t. Maybe they were playing a lot of press?
Dropping 8- I believe they had CBs playing to jump those routes in the short flat.

VN Store

Back