How Many 4* Recruits Does WKU Have

Why does everybody give Petrino so much credit? He had a decent run at Arky but they always have a decent team. Too much man love for such a loser.

He is pretty good coach at Louisville as well. Tom Coughlin called him the best play caller he had been around. Pretty good praise from a two time Super Bowl winning coach.

Overlooked 2 stars and undervalued three stars tend to play with a hell of a BIG chip on their shoulder. With all of the FCS teams that beat FBS teams this past weekend...I wish some of you Recruiting Service following, NO Football knowledge havin', Never played a down of football in your life PEOPLE would shut your traps. Yeah Yeah Yeah, its a message board. I guess that gives people a license to spew stupidity who should probably not even have a license to drive. I love my VOLS and they will be ready. I know I pulled for the previous regime out of pure blindness, but something has hit me like a ton of bricks(haha) with this guy(CBJ). He reminds of a man I played for. Let's all get on the train and have fun riding back to the top. GET SOME!

Lol. Just bc he asked a question about recruits and some of us tried to answer his question doesn't mean we don't know football. Pretty funny.

Reactions: 5 people
A year ago when pessimists were thick on the ground here abt NCSU, I pointed out they had abt 3 4*s, and we had about 40.

The disparity doesn't guarantee a result (just ask Kansas State), but it can't be ignored.

Last edited:
Not quite. He was dismissed from the team by Meyer for academic reasons, then Muschamp tried to convince him to stay, but Dowling was already set on transferring.

WKU actually has some legitimately talented players in Dowling, Andrews, and Jackson.

Ok I can understand that then but I dont buy into the Andrews hype.

Yes 3000 yds is quite a feat but he doesnt play against BCS level talent.

Ok I can understand that then but I dont buy into the Andrews hype.

Yes 3000 yds is quite a feat but he doesnt play against BCS level talent.

Yet no one else besides Barry Sanders has accomplished it. By your logic every all purpose guy that plays mid level competition should accomplish that feat. Its an apples to apples comparison; BCS level players are playing against stiffer competition but they should theoretically be BCS talent themselves. Andrews is playing weaker competition but by everyone here's account he should be less talented as well.

The difference is, Andrews plays 9-10 games vs equal talent and 2-3 games against better talent. A BCS level player plays 9-10 games against equal talent and 2-3 games vs inferior talent. Now who has a chance to pad their stats?

I know better than that.

You always say just the right thing.:wink2:

Love you man

jgl-hug.gif

Wonder how many 5 stars Eastern Washington has or James Madison had a couple years ago.

I will tell you this...
we better have more on O than a QB that doesn't "run" the read option and WRs that don't run precise routes...

WKU has enough to outscore the O we showed last week.imo

Yeah that Butch should have thrown the whole damn Playbook at AP so you could feel better.

Not quite. He was dismissed from the team by Meyer for academic reasons, then Muschamp tried to convince him to stay, but Dowling was already set on transferring.

WKU actually has some legitimately talented players in Dowling, Andrews, and Jackson.

I would think folks that are asked to stay by the incoming coach at a premier SEC school would stick around rather than transfer to a backwater Sun Belt school.

Has to be more to the story.

Reactions: 1 person
but we might find out how much coaching adds to the game. The item we have missed the last five years

I always want the Vols to win, but I want this win almost as much as a win over FLA or GA. I won't be able to listen to the radio if they lose this game. That moron that calls all the local shows on a daily basis, lamenting UT not hiring Petrino, will have a field day if we don't win.

Yet no one else besides Barry Sanders has accomplished it. By your logic every all purpose guy that plays mid level competition should accomplish that feat. Its an apples to apples comparison; BCS level players are playing against stiffer competition but they should theoretically be BCS talent themselves. Andrews is playing weaker competition but by everyone here's account he should be less talented as well.

The difference is, Andrews plays 9-10 games vs equal talent and 2-3 games against better talent. A BCS level player plays 9-10 games against equal talent and 2-3 games vs inferior talent. Now who has a chance to pad their stats?

The guy that is playing with lesser talent. It is similar to a stud high school senior playing on the 8th grade team.

I will tell you this...
we better have more on O than a QB that doesn't "run" the read option and WRs that don't run precise routes...

The first team O scored a TD every time they had the ball and they did it with ease playing very vanilla. I don't think they could have showed any better than that.......

Reactions: 2 people
WKU has some legit talent in spots. We don't outshine them at the skill posistions. They have some good LB's and secondary guys. They have a few good RB's and athletic WR's. The difference between these teams is in the trenches... and it's a BIG difference.

We will physically dominate WKU up front all day and make life much easier for our skill guys vs their skill guys.

Dowling was extremely overrated. A descent player yes, but not a 5* by no means. Nowhere near as good as Randolph

I will tell you this...

Be careful!! There's a few people on here who get bent out of shape if you point out that last week's offense was "boring" and didn't look very "electric" in the passing game! But personally, I couldn't agree more with your analysis!

Be careful!! There's a few people on here who get bent out of shape if you point out that last week's offense was "boring" and didn't look very "electric" in the passing game! But personally, I couldn't agree more with your analysis!

Of course it was boring. That's why it's called playing "vanilla." There is also a difference between an opinion and an analysis. There was no evidence of anything analytical in his post. Just saying.

They've got one. Don't remember the name - but it's the safety that transferred from Florida. Aside from that, they've got a sackful of 4.9-5.2 Two stars and two or three 5.5 level three stars.

VN Store

Back