How Many 4* Recruits Does WKU Have

So youre saying he would have the same success on an SEC team then

Likeky not if he's not at an SEC level, talent wise. Which I never said he was. If you're comparing him to say Todd Gurley and how each would fair vs SEC competition then that's not a fair comparison because Gurley is by all accounts more "talented". But what each does vs their respective competition in regards to their individual talent level is a fair comparison. If you argue he doesn't have BCS talent then how can you use how he would do vs BCS talent on a consistent basis as your benchmark?

P.S. I think if he was given UA's OL last year or ours this year his stats would be comparable to Lacey or Neal. He's playing weaker competition and working with a weaker OL. Its all relative.

Last edited:
i don't know how many four or five star recruits he has at wku, but he never had more than a handful at arkansas. he did better than o.k. with what he had. it boggles the mind, what he could have done with what orange pants had.

Why does everybody give Petrino so much credit? He had a decent run at Arky but they always have a decent team. Too much man love for such a loser.

The guy can coach offense. Louisville and Arkansas were scoring points under Patrino. Saturdays game will be fun to watch.

Likeky not if he's not at an SEC level, talent wise. Which I never said he was. If you're compaing him to say Todd Gurley and how each would fair vs SEC competition then that's not a fair comparison because Gurley is by all accounts more "talented". But what each does vs their respective competition in regards to their individual talent level is a fair comparison. If you argue he doesn't have BCS talent then how can you use how he would do vs BCS talent on a consistent basis as your benchmark?

P.S. I think if he was given UA's OL last year or ours this year his stats would be comparable to Lacey or Neal. He's playing weaker competition and working with a weaker OL. Its all relative.

I know his last season was a great accomplishment and its not easy to do.at any level. I just dont think hes anything to lose sleep over

i don't know how many four or five star recruits he has at wku, but he never had more than a handful at arkansas. he did better than o.k. with what he had. it boggles the mind, what he could have done with what orange pants had.

In 2011, Petrino had a number of 4-5 stars. All of his skill players on offense were basically 4 star players- Wilson, Wingo, Curtis, Adams, Wright, and Kobi Hamilton was a 3 star with offers from Texas and Auburn. He also had 4 stars on the defensive line, Nelson at LB, and a 5 star Winston at safety. People might want to look at the facts before making assumptions. Petrino had a recruiting class at Arkansas ranked 16th and I think another one in the low 20's. Obviously he is a good coach, but he had good skill talent. The offensive line is a position where you can develop players.

Overlooked 2 stars and undervalued three stars tend to play with a hell of a BIG chip on their shoulder. With all of the FCS teams that beat FBS teams this past weekend...I wish some of you Recruiting Service following, NO Football knowledge havin', Never played a down of football in your life PEOPLE would shut your traps. Yeah Yeah Yeah, its a message board. I guess that gives people a license to spew stupidity who should probably not even have a license to drive. I love my VOLS and they will be ready. I know I pulled for the previous regime out of pure blindness, but something has hit me like a ton of bricks(haha) with this guy(CBJ). He reminds of a man I played for. Let's all get on the train and have fun riding back to the top. GET SOME!

It's a message board.

How many WKU or Sun Belt Conference games did you watch last year? I would guess not many.
So how do you know what type of talent Dowling, or Andrews as others mentioned faced? I would guess not much.
The only three common opponents for WKU and UT last year were Alabama, UK and Troy State I believe. In those three games WKU, including Dowling and Andrews performed as well as UT. And Troy finished in 6th place in the Sun Belt. So a team that finished in 6th place gave UT all that they could handle (cue the "But that was Dooley and Sunseri" tape), yet WKU does not face any tough competition. I hate to say it, becasue I have cheered for UT for over 3o years but, UT quite possibly would have lost to Ark State and ULL last year.
As others have posted, if it is so easy to excel at the non-BCS schools, why haven't more people done so?
Several players have ended up at WKU because of grade issues, disciplinary issues or becasue former coach Willie Taggart was great at recruiting talent from his hometown area of Tampa Florida. Some of those issues result in lower star ratings, and in Andrews case, he was a QB in high school.
UT will win this game, but discounting the talent level because a Rivals or Scout writer does not rate them high is a mistake.
As an aside. Isn't it funny how when Rivals doesn't rate a UT commit as highly as we would like, the scout is an idiot and knows nothing about football, but when the same scout rates a WKU player as a 2* we take it as gospel that the scout is a genius and the player is lousy?
Believe it or not there are some very good players in the Sun Belt Conference.

Graduated from a Sun Belt school and live in a Sun Belt town. Nice try. And andrews rode the pine the majority of the game.

Graduated from a Sun Belt school and live in a Sun Belt town. Nice try. And andrews rode the pine the majority of the game.

Wasn't addressing you specifically re: knowledge of Sun Belt teams.
Aren't you in a CUSA town now?
And Andrews was still the leading rusher in the game.

VN Store

Back