How many championships to get Tony Vitello statue?

I’d use the example of his dad. Coached way longer (successfully) on a much smaller stage and still looks emotional about the sport today. Belichick had his dad as an example…teaching football to his last breath. These types emulate what they’ve always seen.
Same is true with this guy, gonna make a great coach one day.

IMG_8927.jpeg

Remind me again when did Neyland and Summitt get theirs?

And why the heck you ever post pictures of a statue of Sabin on VN?
Um I was kinda making fun of the Saban one, looks weird to me. Calm down Willis.

I wouldn’t necessarily build it this summer but he has already done enough to deserve a statue in my eyes. Even if he doesn’t win another championship at UT, he did win the first ever national championship in baseball at Tennessee. Also, what’s even more impressive than the championship has been his ability to get people to fall in love with UT baseball. In just 7 years, he has made UT baseball so popular the Athletic Department is investing $100 million to renovate the stadium for a sport that loses money every year. Outside of a few good years here and there Tennessee wasn’t and hasn’t ever been relevant in college baseball. Before Tony Vitello most of us didn’t follow or even care about the baseball program. Well, we do now. Baseball is important, he made it become important to us. If Tony Vitello retired today, what he has already accomplished and built here would have a lasting positive impact on the UT baseball program for decades to come. That right there my fellow Vol fans is why he deserves a statue.

God bless America and God bless Tennessee Baseball!

Most bronze statues look crazy IMO. Saban's is atrocious and all the football HOF busts look weird to me. I agree with a street for one and statue after three.

The only statue that looks more stupid that Allen I's, is Saban's. Saban has worst statue ever. Should be a statue of him berating his players and officials continuously.
And stomping cussing tirades on the sideline. Little Man Complex. I for one am so glad I wont have to see that on the field anymore.

Has to be more than one title.
If Tony gets two CWS titles, back to back ... I'm going to argue that would be enough.
5 of the 6 ( or 4 of 6) coaches who had back to back CWS titles made it into a college coaches hall of fame.
Therefore, I'm just going to say it ... cast the statue, if Tony brings home the CWS title in 2025! [Note: With the roster losses we suffer this year ... that would be epic coaching (and recruiting)!]

Reactions: Zues1
iu

Reactions: Aerie Vol
It doesnt work like that. How did Peyton and Tee get streets so long ago?
Ok. I defer to the expert....If I have to explain how they got streets then it may be too late. How many years after Peyton left did he get his pavement? How many for Tee? It's not close to every kid getting a trophy for participation these days. Almost like someone's wife cheering and saying "you answered every question." You got an atta boy for showing up. So Coach will most likely deliver some more hardware. I'm old school and don't throw out the major accolades easily. Good day!

Ok. I defer to the expert....If I have to explain how they got streets then it may be too late. How many years after Peyton left did he get his pavement? How many for Tee? It's not close to every kid getting a trophy for participation these days. Almost like someone's wife cheering and saying "you answered every question." You got an atta boy for showing up. So Coach will most likely deliver some more hardware. I'm old school and don't throw out the major accolades easily. Good day!
Peyton didn’t even win a NC and it wasn’t that long after they left UT that they both got their streets.

Top Rope!!!

I’m not disagreeing with Peyton having a street. All I’m sayin is Tony deserves one and he’s been here long enough.
Ya just turned my opinion. A street or avenue it is.

A statue? Need a few moar NCs for dat… we have standards to uphold around here.

Reactions: Orange931
Saban‘s statue looks creepy. Would the university want a Tony V statue if he wins more national championships? View attachment 655821View attachment 655822View attachment 655824View attachment 655825
I would be ok with one now and renaming the field after him as well when the renovations are completed. Not many, if any could take over an SEC team that finished 7th in the east, and missed Hoover the year prior in one of the worst stadiums in the country and turn it around in 3 years. And not only turn it around, but did it while have no head coaching experience at the college level at all. He is already the best coach in UT history after only finishing his 6th full season.

Reactions: MountainDooley
I would be ok with one now and renaming the field after him as well when the renovations are completed. Not many, if any could take over an SEC team that finished 7th in the east, and missed Hoover the year prior in one of the worst stadiums in the country and turn it around in 3 years. And not only turn it around, but did it while have no head coaching experience at the college level at all. He is already the best coach in UT history after only finishing his 6th full season.
… (hushed tones) “…talk dirty to me Marine…”

Reactions: VolMarine1371

VN Store

Back