How many championships to get Tony Vitello statue?

I would be ok with one now and renaming the field after him as well when the renovations are completed. Not many, if any could take over an SEC team that finished 7th in the east, and missed Hoover the year prior in one of the worst stadiums in the country and turn it around in 3 years. And not only turn it around, but did it while have no head coaching experience at the college level at all. He is already the best coach in UT history after only finishing his 6th full season.
…I’d guess he weighs more than a duck…

Reactions: knoxvol52
He just won the very first national championship in program history and broke the #1 seed curse. The statue needs to go up ASAP.

Reactions: knoxvol52
He just won the very first national championship in program history and broke the #1 seed curse. The statue needs to go up ASAP.
Nah, boo. Tony is all about staying gritty and playing relaxed. I make zero demands for dat golden calf. Hopefully, at some point in the future, the world demands that it be so.

Peyton didn’t even win a NC and it wasn’t that long after they left UT that they both got their streets.
Much of that is what he did for his 4+ years and his pro career. Tee was in 2021. so three years after. Just saying instant pudding isn't always better than on the farm stuff.

Much of that is what he did for his 4+ years and his pro career. Tee was in 2021. so three years after. Just saying instant pudding isn't always better than on the farm stuff.
They gave Peyton a street just one year after his graduation.

If the powers that be want to give Vitello a street, so be it, streets can easily be renamed. A statue however requires a more long term legacy of accomplishment. TV isn't there yet.

The bama coach statue has been a long tradition that every coach that won a natty gets one, I do think eventually we see a couple player statues, probably could add a Todd Helton one outside the RF gate next year, maybe in 10-15 years a Christian Moore statue somewhere, once he retires we may name the stadium or field after vitello and he will at least get a road in his name

It’s perfectly fine to acknowledge that our coach is a handsome man CP, we all know it!

giphy.gif

…I ain’t throwing my panties… js

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back