How Tennessee beats Georgia next season…

We gonna need a lot of help from the Athens PD come game week. And probably an outbreak of Covid down there. And for them to all eat at Catch 22 for the pre-game meal. That’d do it.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Like most big games, they are won at the line of scrimmage. We should have the offensive firepower if the receivers step up their game a little. We also need better linebacker and secondary play.
I agree, but we had several injuries in that group which meant playing a lot of younger guys without a lot of experience. Pili and Hadden getting hurt and lost for the season were two big blows. I hope we have more depth this season.

We may be a little young this year, but I feel like if we continue like we have recruiting/transfer wise, (and the Michigan players haven't started transferring yet), this could be a very serious conversation in Neyland next year. But we still have to play the game this year, so there's always a chance. Go Vols!

The last 4-5 years, they had dominated us on both lines of scrimmage, until we can match them there, we have very little chance to beat them. They have a top 3 recruiting class every year and get Top players from portal and we don't do either.

1. The offense will have to operate at an extremely high level. I mean at least 2022 level especially in the red zone. Cannot kick field goals. In the red zone gotta score TDs.

2. Don’t the the ball over. Pretty simple really. Play as close to mistake free as possible.

3. Gotta hit some deep throws. The WRs are gonna have to be much more sure handed. We have to keep the UGA defense from just stacking the box.

4. Have to establish the run game and not abandon it regardless of what happens. The OL is gonna have to win the LOS. Sampson and Seldon have to get it going early and often.

5. Nico. It goes without saying but Nico is gonna have to play almost a flawless game. He cannot get shook after getting hit. Because he is gonna get hit often. His pre snap reads are gonna have to be on point.

The defense is gonna have to play much better than it ever has. Beck is back and he will be one of the nations too QBs. We are gonna have to pressure him a lot and get sacks. We have to get him off rhythm. If he gets 3 and 4 seconds every pass attempt we are doomed.

Finally coaching. Huepel and Halze are gonna have to call the game if their lives. We are very out matched talent wise. So the only way to make up for that is coaching. Somehow we gotta scheme a way to a win.

The schemes UT has been trying vs uga aint working. Profound huh.

Win the LOS or at least stalemate. Little things usually win or lose the tough games. But taking one game at a time is the main thing, we got plenty of tough games before Georgia. Winning games and competing for the sec and making the playoffs, are the main things. GBO

They’ve done great against Heupel’s offense in the past because their DBs are so good. They cover, they get off blocks, and they tackle well… so the screen game isn’t something we can rely on as much as we do against other teams.

The passing windows will be tight, and I think Nico will win the Heisman some day but I’m not sure if he’ll be ready to pick apart UGA by the time we play them, so I also wouldn’t rely on that.

It’s going to be the same recipe every team needs against a great team. Win the LOS. For the first time in a long time, I think we can at least compete at the LOS against anyone on both sides of the ball. But we can’t just run it down their throat for 60 minutes. Be nice if we could, but don’t think that’s realistic.

We’re going to have to run the ball “effectively“ and hope that one of our receivers can get behind the defense at least a couple times. If they can’t, we’ll have to give Brazzel and Bru some 50/50 balls and hope for the best.

The schemes UT has been trying vs uga aint working. Profound huh.
To be fair, there is no scheme that would have worked last year. We have much better players on offense now at every position, except maybe RB - and if Sampson can learn to block, that position will be better as well.

To be fair, there is no scheme that would have worked last year. We have much better players on offense now at every position, except maybe RB - and if Sampson can learn to block, that position will be better as well.

Welp, to be more Profound, the Defensive Backfield needs a facelift also. However , I believe Nico will hit those passes that were missed LY, and the new Wrs will catch em. At uga will be very tough until the Talent is closer. I really believe Tenn will have the best QB in that game, and that could be a deal breaker.

The stars would have to align for us in Athens. Dawgs would have to make key mistakes. Our talent and there's isn't on the same page.

You know we’re always 15-0 preseason and although perhaps not “realistic” the hope springs eternal for best possible outcomes. What would it take for the Vols to pull it off this upcoming season?
Score more points than Georgia. That usually does it

Win 3rd down.
Last game we were 2-11, GA was 9-13. We need to convert 40%-50% 3rd down (tall order). We need to hold GA to less than 40% on 3rd down. Our O needs to have a play drawn up for 3rd down that is a high percentage play, especially on 3rd and short.

Welp, to be more Profound, the Defensive Backfield needs a facelift also. However , I believe Nico will hit those passes that were missed LY, and the new Wrs will catch em. At uga will be very tough until the Talent is closer. I really believe Tenn will have the best QB in that game, and that could be a deal breaker.
Their QB is very good, that is fact. Let's see a little more of Nico before we say he is the best QB in that game

VN Store

Back