How Tennessee beats Georgia next season…

3rd Down was the killer for us last game. Our Defense could not make the stop and get off the field, and our Offense could not extend drives, which was a recipe for disaster (as we saw).

Reactions: OneVolNation
Playing a very talented and physical team like Georgia, it all starts at the line of scrimmage and the running game.

If we can run effectively, that'll take us a long way toward beating the dawgs.

After that, receivers have to be able to get open quickly, so that UGa's DC is forced to put some more help out there. That will further open our running game.

If we can do those things, I think we can keep up on the scoreboard.

If our defense is improved, esp. in the back end, that can take a little pressure off the offense.

But it starts with our OL and running game.

Go Vols!

I'm no coach but Georgia beats Tenn every year since Fulmer was there by passing to the tight end. Why change if the other guys (us) never finds a way to stop it.

Reading all these comments just pisses me off. Why? Because our dumb azz administration made such terrible coaching hires and allowed teams like UGA to just completely pass us.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Just line the parking lot outside Sanford Stadium with a bunch of fancy Escalades and Denalis. Apparently, the leg-humpers cant resist street racing through school zones (over 300 incidents under Kirby).

You know we’re always 15-0 preseason and although perhaps not “realistic” the hope springs eternal for best possible outcomes. What would it take for the Vols to pull it off this upcoming season?
1. Success in the run game. Have to be able to run the ball.
2. Win turnover battle
3. Nico has to be able to identify where they are sending pressure from and either get it picked up, throw behind it or use his feet to make it a positive play

All three of the factors were contributing to the results over the last few years. This gives us a chance.

I agree with everyone talking about the importance of the running game. Who balls out next year is unknowable, but both of these teams want to run. Tennessee wants to throw deep against favorable matchups (or screens against single coverage) and UGA wants to use TEs and play action—but both offenses key off of the run game.

VN Store

Back