Hurd likely out for season....is this a good thing for Vols?

BigpapaBleedsOrange

Just read where he injured his shoulder in last weeks game and is likely out for the rest of the season. Is this a positive for the Vols...giving him rest before he gets to UTK?

Probably some of the best news UT could get on him. He has 12 months to get back into shape and soooo much better to happen now vs late in season. Good Luck Mr. Hurd. Get strong.

I don't think you could ever say an injury is a good thing. But I am guessing there are worse season ending injuries he could have.

I just hope he is doing good because I am sure he was looking forward to his senior year to play.

You could spin this however you want, good or bad. IMHO it's bad because there's always the chance that he doesn't heal 100% and/or is injury prone in the future. Hopefully not the case. I can't wait to see this guy in orange on Saturdays!

Reactions: 1 person
Like I said, he is going to have to gain a lot of weight to protect himself if he is to play RB... otherwise he will have many more injuries playing an SEC defense.

This might not be so bad for the kid. Playing both sides of the ball and getting 30-40 carries per game has got to be taxing. Fix the problem...let the kid rehab and hit the conditioning hard... I think he comes back stronger and hungrier than ever.

Reactions: 4 people
How anyone could spin this as good for UT is beyond me. Our star recruit will possibly miss his senior year and we wonder if this could be good for UT? Should be more concerned with how this impacts his development and career instead of apparently wondering if this injury makes it easier for us to hold on to him.

If that is not the possible "good for UT" angle then I would love to know just what is.

Last edited:
Like I said, he is going to have to gain a lot of weight to protect himself if he is to play RB... otherwise he will have many more injuries playing an SEC defense.

Injury had zero to do with how much he weighs. Did you actually see replays on how it happened?

Stupid post is stupid... :no:

Reactions: 6 people

U literally have no idea what ur talking about.. He's plenty big enough now to play anywhere.

His injury had nothing to do with not being heavy enough.. He fell on his arm awkwardly, and had someone else land on it.

Reactions: 4 people

He's around the 230lb mark now if not more, how much more do you want him to gain?

Reactions: 10 people
How anyone could spin this as good for UT is beyond me. Our star recruit will possibly miss his senior year and we wonder if this could be good for UT? Should be more concerned with how this impacts his development and career instead of apparently wondering if this injury makes it easier for us to hold on to him.

If that is not the possible "good for UT" angle then I would love to just it is.

I understand what he's saying.. U obviously would never want a player hurt, but this pretty much guarantees he will be healthy when he gets to UT..

I mean, he could've torn his knee to pieces his last highschool game.. Or worse.. He's done everything u can do in highschool football, and doesn't need to prove anything else to anybody.

Again, it's never a good thing for any player to get hurt, but I atleast see what he was talking about.

Last edited:
Just read where he injured his shoulder in last weeks game and is likely out for the rest of the season. Is this a positive for the Vols...giving him rest before he gets to UTK?
it is the same shoulder he hurt last year i think it shows how tough the kid is to come back in and play with a shoulder dislocation. this is why its good to commit early kids.

VN Store

Back