Hurd likely out for season....is this a good thing for Vols?

I really think he's been trolling lately bc the posts I've been seeing from him have been beyond stupid.

attachment.php

it is the same shoulder he hurt last year i think it shows how tough the kid is to come back in and play with a shoulder dislocation. this is why its good to commit early kids.

Makes u wonder what he would've done the rest of the game completely healthy.. He was killing them with a bum shoulder on offense AND defense..

Ever try to hit a 250lb ball carrier with a bad shoulder? I couldn't imagine..

Wish the best for him and a full, speedy recovery. He will be back and better than ever. Sucks he will miss his Sr year but I'm sure he'll be fine. Imma say he's already a rock star at school and will be able to enjoy it. Live it up son. Cya 3 days from now next yr homie.

While you don't ever want to see someone get injured, this might be a blessing in disguise. Beech ran him a ton. A year of not taking hits to the body and his knees being taken care of should help him IMO. According to the article, he had suffered shoulder dislocations in the past. Now they'll be able to go in there and stabilize the shoulder where it should be better for him in the future provided the surgery goes well and there are no other complications. He'll be a little rusty, but he has a full year to recover and should be ready to go next fall.

It's bad! The kid was looking foward to playing his Sr season and now it's over. I feel bad for him. Hope you heal up completly Jalen.
Just read where he injured his shoulder in last weeks game and is likely out for the rest of the season. Is this a positive for the Vols...giving him rest before he gets to UTK?

Reactions: 1 person
No, this is not a good thing for UT and especially Hurd.

Looking at his frame, he was probably around in the 220's more than in the 230's. He actually had good leg development but he really needed to develop his upper body more (which is ok and normal -- the kid is just a high school senior). This will set that development back and as someone that lifts heavy for bulk with shoulder issues -- it could become troublesome.

That said, I think he'll be fine and I foresee a lot of leg press in his future so the kid will have hella wheels to truck people.

I feel bad that he is going to miss his senior year of high school football...everybody loves playing for their school. But for his career at Tennessee, which is more important, it is good he is getting this taken care of now.

No, this is not a good thing for UT and especially Hurd.

Looking at his frame, he was probably around in the 220's more than in the 230's. He actually had good leg development but he really needed to develop his upper body more (which is ok and normal -- the kid is just a high school senior). This will set that development back and as someone that lifts heavy for bulk with shoulder issues -- it could become troublesome.

That said, I think he'll be fine and I foresee a lot of leg press in his future so the kid will have hella wheels to truck people.

What are u, a bodybuilder or something?

Jk

Like I said, he is going to have to gain a lot of weight to protect himself if he is to play RB... otherwise he will have many more injuries playing an SEC defense.

Rivals has him at 230?? Thought that was decent for a Senior in high school. Once he's in our weight program he will put on 15 solid pounds of muscle.

I understand what he's saying.. U obviously would never want a player hurt, but this pretty much guarantees he will be healthy when he gets to UT..

I mean, he could've torn his knee to pieces his last highschool game.. Or worse.. He's done everything u can do in highschool football, and doesn't need to prove anything else to anybody.

Again, it's never a good thing for any player to get hurt, but I atleast see what he was talking about.
Wrong. Shoulder surgery can take time. He is an EE so he is likely out for the spring as far as contact. Injury is never good. The only good is that it happened early.

Agreed, he has nothing to prove.

Not the first time with the shoulder is it.

It's a different areas of the shoulder. The one previously hurt is fine.

And I don't think this is by any means good news for Hurd, but the fact that he'll show up with fresh legs is the closest we have to a silver lining, I guess.

Reactions: 1 person
An injury requiring surgery is not good in any way, shape, or form.

Yeah, I'm not really seeing any possible upside to this. And if I did, I'd keep it to myself in an effort to not be shallow about a poor kid missing out on his Senior year.

Reactions: 2 people
"Beech will host Henry County on Friday. Hurd ran for 451 yards against the Patriots last year as the Bucs won 55-41."
:salute:

VN Store

Back