Hurricane Milton (Now a Category 5 Hurricane)

We're Good. You?
Got in my car to charge my phone and drove up and down our road.
Debris everywhere
Trees uprooted and fences down. Lots of standing water. Saw a neighbor who lost their fence and pool cage. They also had a lot of water come into their house
As far as I can tell, no damage at the house
Just looked out back. Looks like a lake. Tree was uprooted.
Pool cage survived.
Feeling very fortunate

We're Good. You?

Got in my car to charge my phone and drove up and down our road.
Debris everywhere
Trees uprooted and fences down. Lots of standing water. Saw a neighbor who lost their fence and pool cage. They also had a lot of water come into their house
As far as I can tell, no damage at the house
Just looked out back. Looks like a lake. Tree was uprooted.
Pool cage survived.
Feeling very fortunate
Glad y'all came through ok.

Power back on finally. Crew from Louisiana was working it all day with multiple poles down

Ran power off my truck during the storm and generator after the rains stopped. Worked like a charm

View attachment 685589View attachment 685590
I am guessing you didn't have everything on running the truck only? How long did it/would it last running some necessities?

I am guessing you didn't have everything on running the truck only? How long did it/would it last running some necessities?
I lost about 3% powering a fridge, freezer, internet and a couple of fans overnight. Plugging in the generator made it much easier to switch more on. Now I need to get a soft start installed so we can have a/c

I lost about 3% powering a fridge, freezer, internet and a couple of fans overnight. Plugging in the generator made it much easier to switch more on. Now I need to get a soft start installed so we can have a/c
wow thats pretty impressive. kinda puts into perspective how much energy it takes to move that truck if you can run a full size fridge and freezer all night for only 3% usage.

Went out for the first time earlier, and goodness. Definitely the most destruction we've seen in our 18 years here. Trees and signs down everywhere. They've already started some cleanup, but it's going to be a lot of work. The good news is I didn't see a ton of home damage. We didn't drive into neighborhoods, though.

Looks like most of our damage was pool cage and soffit.

Went out for the first time earlier, and goodness. Definitely the most destruction we've seen in our 18 years here. Trees and signs down everywhere. They've already started some cleanup, but it's going to be a lot of work. The good news is I didn't see a ton of home damage. We didn't drive into neighborhoods, though.

Looks like most of our damage was pool cage and soffit.
Same thing in our area. Some house have huge trees on top of them. Fences down
Where are you?

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back