Hurricane Milton (Now a Category 5 Hurricane)

We’ve had utility and rescue crews from all over. National Guard, Army, even Civil Air Patrol. Volunteer groups. All coordinated and organized. Aircraft near-misses slowing down lol (several dozen plus in the first few days.)

I’m so ****ing tired of the outright lies being spread on social media about the response! Those people in the most devastated and remote areas still to be fully reached - how do you think they feel to be told that they’re being deliberately ignored, when they’re not? Kicking someone when they’re down by spreading lies, smh.

I’m still without power here in Tampa. But my gym down the road is open so I’m going there daily to clean up. Listening to the Bucs on the radio this afternoon, kind of like I did as a kid listening to John Ward. I’m not complaining (much) because a lot of people have lost everything.

It will be interesting to see if Tropicana Field can be repaired in time for the 2025 baseball season.

It will be interesting to see if Tropicana Field can be repaired in time for the 2025 baseball season.
It’s really torn apart. Since they were planning a new stadium on the site, do they just move that up and play next season in one of the minor league parks like in Clearwater or Tampa while work starts on new stadium?

Reactions: Volfan1000
It’s really torn apart. Since they were planning a new stadium on the site, do they just move that up and play next season in one of the minor league parks like in Clearwater or Tampa while work starts on new stadium?

They probably will move up the timeline on a new stadium and will probably spend the 2025 home season at their AAA or AA minor league ball park.

They probably will move up the timeline on a new stadium and will probably spend the 2025 home season at their AAA or AA minor league ball park.
That makes sense. Rays also own Al Lang Stadium in downtown St. Pete. It only seats 7500 but outfield stands could be built to double that. It would be cool to see baseball in an old minor league stadium in a great location (much better than Tropicana Field).

Reactions: Volfan1000
Driving to Sarasota on I-275 South today when traffic abruptly stopped. I was wondering what had happened when I noticed that people were looking at the torn-up roof on Tropicana Field. Some were stopping or slowing down to take photos.

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back