Hyams on Alexis Johnson

I know Johnson is pretty much going to be cleared. However, I do think that even though he's been suspended Butch might just give him a one game suspension to boot over this situation. He looks to be innocent but we all know how tough Butch is on stuff like this.

I know Johnson is pretty much going to be cleared. However, I do think that even though he's been suspended Butch might just give him a one game suspension to boot over this situation. He looks to be innocent but we all know how tough Butch is on stuff like this.

Misdemeanor domestic assault is more than a game north of Tuscaloosa.

Reactions: 1 person
Misdemeanor charges will be dismissed October 10. UT's investigative process considers the same evidence and generally parallels the legal system. If he stays clean until October, Alexis Johnson will have no record-- just like Cam Robinson has no record.

Reactions: 2 people
Misdemeanor charges will be dismissed October 10. UT's investigative process considers the same evidence and generally parallels the legal system. If he stays clean until October, Alexis Johnson will have no record-- just like Cam Robinson has no record.

But.......................Butch is very aggressive when it comes to players even getting into trouble for crimes. They don't have to be found guilty for him to do something to a player.

I say he gives him a one game suspension. Johnson will probably need it anyhow to get back into full playing shape anyhow.

But.......................Butch is very aggressive when it comes to players even getting into trouble for crimes. They don't have to be found guilty for him to do something to a player.

I say he gives him a one game suspension. Johnson will probably need it anyhow to get back into full playing shape anyhow.

CBJ has already acted swiftly and aggressively by suspending Johnson indefinitely the day the complaint was filed. If CBJ thought the evidence merited Johnson's dismissal from the team, he most likely would've already dismissed him, like he did with Paulk.

My guess is CBJ will do one of two things: 1) suspend Johnson from games until the charges are officially dropped on 10/10 or 2) reinstate him once UT clears him, probably with discipline and restrictions handled internally. No matter what CBJ does, the media and the twitterverse are going to find fault with it-- even though Saban, Mullen, Smart and McElwain have already reinstated and are practicing players in similar situations.

Reactions: 6 people
CBJ has already acted swiftly and aggressively by suspending Johnson indefinitely the day the complaint was filed. If CBJ thought the evidence merited Johnson's dismissal from the team, he most likely would've already dismissed him, like he did with Paulk.

My guess is CBJ will do one of two things: 1) suspend Johnson from games until the charges are officially dropped on 10/10 or 2) reinstate him once UT clears him, probably with discipline and restrictions handled internally. No matter what CBJ does, the media and the twitterverse are going to find fault with it-- even though Saban, Mullen, Smart and McElwain have already reinstated and are practicing players in similar situations.

Good post. That's why I said no matter what it's going to be at least a one game suspension even though he's been suspended since the incident was first reported. Thanks!

Reactions: 2 people
As expected, Johnson has been cleared by the UT conduct board. Wonder if CBJ will reinstate him to practice?

Reactions: 4 people
I know its all a guess at this point, but if indeed Johnson was cleared by the UT student conduct folks it would be hard to criticize CBJ if he allowed Johnson to return to the team for practice only. After the court was through with him in October, then allow him to compete for playing time. Plenty of crazies out there who will complain about everything though.

Come on Butch, put the kid on the field... this off season we have seen plenty of kids do MUCH worse at other programs and not even have to run bleachers, much less suspended for any amount of time. Get him in shape and on the field... He's learned his lesson.

A Hyams indicated, this is out of Butch's hands. He has no say in what happens with Alexis Johnson. It is in the hands of the student review board.

Here you go guys. Taken from recruiting forums thread:

Tennessee FB player Alexis Johnson was cleared by a
Tennessee Student Judicial Panel, allowing him a chance to return to the
football team.
Quote:
Ryan Robinson, UT spokesman, said coach Butch Jones is aware
of the ruling but said at this time Johnson’s status has not changed
Quote:
Greg Isaacs, Johnson’s attorney, said: `We are pleased that
Alexis Johnson was cleared by the Tennessee Student Judicial Panel.’
Quote:
Isaacs: ``Alexis looks forward to resuming his athletic and
academic career at Tennessee.’’ Johnson is a DT who transferred from a JC

Posted by Hyams!

Reactions: 1 person
TN coaches have not say a thing about the money floating around at Ole Miss.. Not a word

Wut? How are Alexis and OM bagmen related. And I didn't say anything about UT coaches....said nothing had been reported by the media that covers UT football.

VN Store

Back