I am sorry but I can't believe we hired CBJ

hillarious_vol

Grand Inquisitor
As I read all of the posts on here after the Oregon game, it blows my mind that the UT athletic department did not come on Volnation and hire all these people who post on this board. They had a gold mine of coaches, second guessers and know it all football experts, right here on volnation.com. I think it is horrible that the UT AD would not come here and get some of the posters and put them on the staff...what a waste...:hi:

Reactions: 105 people
I'm as disgusted at the state of Tennessee football as Nyone, but it never ceases to amaze me how people can be so passionate about something yet seem so clueless about how it works.

Reactions: 32 people
I'm as disgusted at the state of Tennessee football as Nyone, but it never ceases to amaze me how people can be so passionate about something yet seem so clueless about how it works.

Everything happens overnight, didn't you get the memo?

Reactions: 5 people
As I read all of the posts on here after the Oregon game, it blows my mind that the UT athletic department did not come on Volnation and hire all these people who post on this board. They had a gold mine of coaches, second guessers and know it all football experts, right here on volnation.com. I think it is horrible that the UT AD would not come here and get some of the posters and put them on the staff...what a waste...:hi:

The waste is this thread.

Reactions: 2 people
Technically, I have been playing NCAA Football every year it has been out, cut my teeth on Tecmo Bowl. 2000+ wins, at least 75 National Championships.

I am qualified :D

Reactions: 7 people
If I remember correctly ..... We didn't have many hall of fame coaches beating our door down. I guess you had a list in your pocket.

Reactions: 1 person
We do have a lot of posters that rant but by their post you can tell they have no knowledge. Either laugh or ignore.

CBJ is not a miracle worker. It will take time to get the program back to where it was in the 90's. We've been down four years and it will take 2-3 years to get back to where we can compete with the top echelon of programs in the NCAA.

What these sort of people are communicating is that they have already drawn one of two conclusions, 1) Jones is just too stupid to know what to do, or 2) Jones is making a bad decision on purpose.

There are things that I have seen that I do not like but I don't think that anyone has enough data to second guess Butch this early in the season. Here is a review: we have beaten 2 teams we should have, and lost to a team that most* thought we would lose to.

Sounds like we are right on track, to me. Reserve these sorts of conversations for when we lose to a team we should have beaten, specifically USA, Kentucky, Missouri or Vanderbilt.

*Disclaimer: I did believe yesterday's game would be much closer than it ended up.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back