I am sure this ends well for Iran...

FFS...I linked an entire article for you earlier, please go back and read it.

View attachment 659892
Yes ffs your reading an agreement...and I just posted a link showing th majority don't flow the agreement... financially as well and troop support..which is what I said....do you believe every NATO country is contributing in accordance with the agreement? They are not...I posted links proving that they are not.

Yes ffs your reading an agreement...and I just posted a link showing th majority don't flow the agreement... financially as well and troop support..which is what I said....do you believe every NATO country is contributing in accordance with the agreement? They are not...I posted links proving that they are not.

The 2% agreement is for defense spending for members armed forces and NATO readiness, not direct NATO common funding, which is separate.

1721334372534.png

You'd know this if you'd read the articles, and learned how NATO actually works.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
If that is the case, what recourse do countries which unevenly bare the burden of an Article 5 response have towards those that are intentionally freeloading?
They get shamed at the annual Christmas party, and NATO doesn't give them a Sizzler gift card.

NATO is not some mafia protection racket where you either pay, or bad things happen to you while the other members stand by and watch.

Last edited:
The 2% agreement is for defense spending for members armed forces and NATO readiness, not direct NATO common funding, which is separate.

View attachment 659896

You'd know this if you'd read the articles, and learned how NATO actually works.
Again all you pointed out is that the US,UK, France and Germany finance NATO...whether the 2% or the cost share arrangement...so 4 counties support the other 27... Do you have those other 27 countries would lend any viable support of US was attacked??? No they wouldn't. Their contributions are minimal while receiving the protection of the US...it not cost effective..we signed in to a poor agreement which again is the whole problem and why NATO is a bad deal.

Again all you pointed out is that the US,UK, France and Germany finance NATO...whether the 2% or the cost share arrangement...so 4 counties support the other 27... Do you have those other 27 countries would lend any viable support of US was attacked??? No they wouldn't. Their contributions are minimal while receiving the protection of the US...it not cost effective..we signed in to a poor agreement which again is the whole problem and why NATO is a bad deal.

Your posts are a prime illustration of the difference between 'reading' and 'reading for comprehension'.

1721335590316.png

Should we go back to your original claim that the US is the only one footing the bill for NATO?
Because not only are we expected to pay the lions share of NATO but also use the military might that we have as well...while other countries enjoy the events of adding little of either to NATO but enjoy the benefits...NATO is A Dems dream all the rewards with little cost except the US

Want to amend that statement now that you actually know how NATO funding works?

Your posts are a prime illustration of the difference between 'reading' and 'reading for comprehension'.

View attachment 659902

Should we go back to your original claim that the US is the only one footing the bill for NATO?

Yes..I'll amend it those 4 countries foot the bill for NATO...it's still a bad deal for the US which was my main point.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

View attachment 659902

You’re putting alot of effort into proving yourself wrong

You are not too bright. The US putting in a percentage of our GDP isn't the same as these other s#!thole Europeans chipping in their share. So the US is funding NATO.

Jesus, it's like trying to lead an adult education course full of Kentuckians with you guys.

Let's recap:

1721340217381.png

Here's the current breakdown of NATO common funding percentages per member state based on their GNI:

1721340268111.png

Since you seem to be unfamiliar with what GNI represents:

1721340334515.png

Further reading for extra credit:

Jesus, it's like trying to lead an adult education course full of Kentuckians with you guys.

Let's recap:

View attachment 659931

Here's the current breakdown of NATO common funding percentages per member state based on their GNI:

View attachment 659933

Since you seem to be unfamiliar with what GNI represents:

View attachment 659934

Further reading for extra credit:
GNI of the US is a 26 trillion
GNI of the Germany is 5 Trillion
GNI of Croatia is 156 billion.

Who is paying the most?

The US has a GNI 5+ times that of Germany, but now Germany and the US pay the same percentage amount.

Please use the chart provided for you.
You've provided some great factual information today about NATO. Unfortunately, it's a wasted effort trying to convince a Trumper. Trump framed NATO in a manner like Mafiaesque protection. That's what his dumbed downed base believes. Nice try though

The US has a GNI 5+ times that of Germany, but now Germany and the US pay the same percentage amount.

Please use the chart provided for you.
I did...so who is contributing more money to NATO. The US...by a factor of 5x correct.. therefore we fund the majority of NATO...
Just cuz we are a richer country doesn't mean we should be paying for the majority of everything to defend other countries that couldn't help us if we were attacked.

You've provided some great factual information today about NATO. Unfortunately, it's a wasted effort trying to convince a Trumper. Trump framed NATO in a manner like Mafiaesque protection. That's what his dumbed downed base believes. Nice try though
It was good info confirming that the US funds the majority of NATO which was the original argument.

I did...so who is contributing more money to NATO. The US...by a factor of 5x correct.. therefore we fund the majority of NATO...
Just cuz we are a richer country doesn't mean we should be paying for the majority of everything to defend other countries that couldn't help us if we were attacked.

What? Are you really struggling to read the chart?

1721342872348.png
1721342902432.png

Germany and the US pay the same percentage of the the NATO common budget, 15.8813% of it, in spite of the fact that the US GNI is 5x that of Germany.

What? Are you really struggling to read the chart?

View attachment 659945
View attachment 659946

Germany and the US pay the same percentage of the the NATO common budget, 15.8813% of it, in spite of the fact that the US GNI is 5x that of Germany.
That chart doesn't include the defense spending of 2% of GDP correct? That's not part of the common budget. I wanna make sure I understand.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back