I am sure this ends well for Iran...

Telling NATO members you want them to meet their non-binding defense spending goals, is not the bad part.

Telling Putin that he'd have a green light to attack a NATO member without triggering Article 5 from the US, because they haven't hit 2% of GDP in defense spending, is.

Please explain why we should be the world police for countries that hate everything about the US except our money..

What does "being the world police" have to do with honoring our collective defense obligations under NATO Article 5?
Because not only are we expected to pay the lions share of NATO but also use the military might that we have as well...while other countries enjoy the events of adding little of either to NATO but enjoy the benefits...NATO is A Dems dream all the rewards with little cost except the US

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Because not only are we expected to pay the lions share of NATO but also use the military might that we have as well...while other countries enjoy the events of adding little of either to NATO but enjoy the benefits...NATO is A Dems dream all the rewards with little cost except the US

You don't actually know how NATO works, do you?

Please explain why we should be the world police for countries that hate everything about the US except our money..

If nothing else, to prevent social media posters from massively exaggerating the facts when they say in categorical terms that other countries "hate everything about the US" except for money.

Reactions: EasternVol
If nothing else, to prevent social media posters from massively exaggerating the facts when they say in categorical terms that other countries "hate everything about the US" except for money.
Fair enough..may have been a bit exaggeration but do you disagree that Americans are viewed in a unfavorable way around the world??? Most think we are arrogant, gun loving jerks.

And your post is amusing coming from you about exaggeration.

Enlighten me...
reading-rainbow.gif

Funding NATO

Fair enough..may have been a bit exaggeration but do you disagree that Americans are viewed in a unfavorable way around the world??? Most think we are arrogant, gun loving jerks.

And your post is amusing coming from you about exaggeration.

I think it depends. I haven't been to Europe (was supposed to go Italy in 2021 but Covid stopped that), and from what I hear from my own friends and family is that its a mixed bag. Depends a lot on where you go.

Even more so on how you act. Genuine interest in their history and culture is welcomed. Portraying oneself as entitled, not so much.

Some stuff I like about him, some I don't.

I did not like that he wasnt fiscally conservative. I don't like his personality but I am glad he woke us up to the media. He never attacked the voters though. He did call criminals out for what they are - crime should not be tolerated in any community.

I think his instincts are really good. Some people just got good instincts and is very decisive - he's one. I don't think it's an accident we never got into a conflict with Trump. He also started making NATO and others raise their expectations. I could go on with this topic.

There is a reason he was hated besides his personality.

If you needed Trump to wake you up to the media then you should 86 the massive amount of paint chips that plague your diet.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
I think it depends. I haven't been to Europe (was supposed to go Italy in 2021 but Covid stopped that), and from what I hear from my own friends and family is that its a mixed bag. Depends a lot on where you go.

Even more so on how you act. Genuine interest in their history and culture is welcomed. Portraying oneself as entitled, not so much.
I agree.. unfortunately most don't show that genuine interest.

If you do end up traveling to Europe eventually, then Italy should definitely be on the itinerary.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I understand all of that.DJT threaten to pull security on countries that were not paying their share...they started and it strengthened NATO..but we are still relied upon to be the military and financial strength. So again these countries contribute much less and receive money much more then the US...there comes a point where the return doesn't match the investment...and NATO is reaching that point for the US. We have our own issues here and that need to be our focus..till our issues are so minimal that no one dares threaten us. As of now our current threat is "don't," and heres more money .

I understand all of that.DJT threaten to pull security on countries that were not paying their share...they started and it strengthened NATO..but we are still relied upon to be the military and financial strength. So again these countries contribute much less and receive money much more then the US...there comes a point where the return doesn't match the investment...and NATO is reaching that point for the US. We have our own issues here and that need to be our focus..till our issues are so minimal that no one dares threaten us. As of now our current threat is "don't," and heres more money .

So, no, you don't know how NATO works.

Please reread Article 5. If you can find 'member defense budget spending level' listed in the article as a requirement for calling upon 'collective defense', then I'll concede to your obviously superior reading comprehension.

Some stuff I like about him, some I don't.

I did not like that he wasnt fiscally conservative. I don't like his personality but I am glad he woke us up to the media. He never attacked the voters though. He did call criminals out for what they are - crime should not be tolerated in any community.

I think his instincts are really good. Some people just got good instincts and is very decisive - he's one. I don't think it's an accident we never got into a conflict with Trump. He also started making NATO and others raise their expectations. I could go on with this topic.

There is a reason he was hated besides his personality.
The biggest reason they hate him is because he is successful.

Reactions: BreatheUT

Please reread Article 5. If you can find 'member defense budget spending level' listed in the article as a requirement for calling upon 'collective defense', then I'll concede to your obviously superior reading comprehension.
Yes I read that..so let me ask you this... do all NATo countries contribute the amount of financial support they are supposed to???
If you being honest you know the answer is no even tho it written in the agreement..so why would the expectation be they would apply an equal number of military support just because the agreement says so when they don't honor the other parts...hopefully you realize that each NATO country is not sending an equal number of troops in a war...even tho that is in the agreement.

2024, the United States had the largest number of active military personnel out of all North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) countries, with almost 1.33 million troops. The country with the second-largest number of military personnel was Türkiye, at around 355,200 active personnel.Jul 3, 2024

Anything else??

But the spending requirements are a requirement of being in NATO, correct?

If you do end up traveling to Europe eventually, then Italy should definitely be on the itinerary.

That is what the One Who Must Be Obeyed says, though I'd be more interested in Northern Europe personally.

I can't remember the source right now, Monty Python maybe?, but there was a skit where there was some group touting how everyone is welcome, to the sound of agreement and applause, when someone says "except the French" to a round of further agreement.

Yes I read that..so let me ask you this... do all NATo countries contribute the amount of financial support they are supposed to???
If you being honest you know the answer is no even tho it written in the agreement..so why would the expectation be they would apply an equal number of military support just because the agreement says so when they don't honor the other parts...hopefully you realize that each NATO country is not sending an equal number of troops in a war...even tho that is in the agreement.

2024, the United States had the largest number of active military personnel out of all North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) countries, with almost 1.33 million troops. The country with the second-largest number of military personnel was Türkiye, at around 355,200 active personnel.Jul 3, 2024

Anything else??

FFS...I linked an entire article for you earlier, please go back and read it.

1721333548265.png

VN Store

Back