I feel like this offense can and at one point will start to click

Hopefully this Saturday.

Let's be positive. Stop all the negativity and beat Alabama.
Heup has said it best, we are really close. Watch the Florida game as bad as it pains you to do so. The mistakes were self inflicted penalties, its fixable. Watching the Florida game, we are closer to that 2022 offense than many think IMO

Heup has said it best, we are really close. Watch the Florida game as bad as it pains you to do so. The mistakes were self inflicted penalties, its fixable. Watching the Florida game, we are closer to that 2022 offense than many think IMO
100,000 cocktailed up Vol fans will lift them up to victory! OK maybe 90K w/ a few Bama fans in there...just hope the $600 tix on Stubhub didn't go to many Bama fans.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
It all starts with the OL. Give Nico time and open holes for Sampson and it should click.
The WRs also have to get separation. Haven't had a ton of it the past couple weeks. Granted Nico missed some easy ones against Florida but this is important in a game like this. Got to make the big plays when the opportunity presents itself

We had WR open against FL NIco just missed the passes. Against OK and Arky we did not have WR open. The offense is getting closer it just has a few more "clicks" until it is full throttle again. The running game has slowed down because we have gotten into SEC play and there are better front 7's the OL is going against.

This is ALMOST a really good offense. If Nico can just be more accurate (which I think he can be without doubt) then we are dangerous. Had Nico hit 2/4 of the deep balls then Florida would have had to change their defensive strategy. Our offense had glimpses of what we expect in the 1st drive against FLA. Our O needs pace, unpredictability AND the constant threat of the deep ball. If Nico can hit a few mid range to deep shots early then I expect his confidence and this offense to progress rapidly. Left tackle issues are a problem but the more our offense flows, the easier the tackles job becomes.

Reactions: GritNGrind1906
My GUESS is that we will reduce the time Nico holds the ball in the pocket with quicker throws and maybe to guys with LESS separation. As well as more roll outs away from weakest matchup along the line. Quicker to pull the run trigger and take the check downs due to faster progression reads.

Occasionally taking deeper drops for the long ball to keep them honest. This COULD lead to more shorter routes to help speed up our tempo game.

Last edited:
My GUESS is that we will reduce the time Nico holds the ball in the pocket with quicker throws and maybe to guys with LESS separation. As well as more roll outs away from weakest matchup along the line. Quicker to pull the run trigger and take the check downs due to faster progression reads.

Occasionally taking deeper drops for the long ball to keep them honest. This COULD lead to more shorter routes to help speed up our tempo game.

This is what bothers me. I am not sure why our coaching didn't see the struggles and make these adjustments in the second half of the Arkansas game. They seem stubborn to make any changes and call out execution as the issue.

Execution is a big part of it but when you are not executing, you adjust to make it easier.

I to hope it does but it has to be now not later. Lose another 1 or 2 and the season's preseason goals will be unattainable. And making the playoffs was a coaches-player preseason goal as well as us fans.

Yes. It’s the fans that cause the team to lose. Brilliant take .

There is definitely a confidence issue, IMO, with Tennessee vs. other programs. I think the struggles of the past (we call it BVS) impacts our play. I was watching Uncle Lou's take on the game and he called that out with Tennessee.

There really isn't any reason that our offense should be struggling like it is. While competition is better, the issues are clearly confidence/execution.

We quite literally were a couple of blocks and a couple of dropped passes from winning by three scores. On the other side of the argument, we got a 4th and 1 in our own territory that would’ve been seven for the lizards, and we had some incredible one player saves on D. We actually have receivers open and backs who can break it. We just need to get eleven guys finishing their assignments and we can cover our weaknesses by making the defense play honestly. Last week, they walked right into the box, and dared us to hit a big play. We have to answer that.

Last edited:
Hopefully this Saturday.

Let's be positive. Stop all the negativity and beat Alabama.
We've not been running the UT offense. We're slowing things down and being conservative to protect our qb and relying on our running game/defense. Heupel isn't running his offense. That was supposed to allow a team with lesser talent to run with the big boys. Teams have adjusted to Heupel's offense. Is he the offensive guru everyone thinks or isn't he? If I'm going to lose, I'm going down swinging. I'm running my QB and my offense at break neck speed and living with the consequences. Nico either learns from his mistakes and improves or he doesn't. Better to find out now than go down the Gitmo/Milton path again. Doing the same things and expecting different results next year....insanity.

If you buy into Heard still just not being in game shape, our WRs being banged up, and Nico just a little behind schedule on his vision/timing…. There is hope that we can get at least an above average SEC offense this year. And that should be enough to compete since we have an elite defense.

VN Store

Back