I really like our chances in the Swamp

I'm not putting money on a win for the Vols, but I do like some things about this game:

1) Based on interviews only, it seems like this team wants to bounce back in the worst way. This is the game I want if I am a player after a gut-check. Florida is a beatable team and a win would be a HUGE statement. It's rare you can make such a statement over a relatively average team - but that is the case with Florida. There's enough here to create some motivation for extra hours in the film room.

2) Florida has not shown the offensive firepower to put this game out of reach early.

3) Our team, so far this season, has been more disciplined and opportunistic. In a defensive game, those two attributes are very important.

4) I hate calling for a new QB, but if Worley produces a few more of his 3-and-out deer-in-headlights drives, I don't see how Butch can pass up giving another QB a shot to make something happen.

5) I could be wrong about this, so please correct if that's the case: It sounds like the coaches have been developing the playcalling and offensive plan around Worley's assets.

Based on this week's presser, it sounds like they now recognize that it's just not enough. Hopefully we pull out some new wrinkles that Florida doesn't have tape on and we get some big plays for a half. Once again, in a defensive game, this could be a big factor.

Put the crack pipe down and step away!

I would really be surprised to see either team win this one by more than two touchdowns. It has all the earmarks of a close game until the 4th and a 20-10 type score. If Florida's offense shakes off the disaster that was Driskel in Miami and sticks to the run, and with our defense, it could by a 10-3 type game.

Let's put it this way: Even at AA meetings they will safely be playing drinking games tied to scoring in the UF-Tennessee game.

Reactions: 1 person
I would really be surprised to see either team win this one by more than two touchdowns. It has all the earmarks of a close game until the 4th and a 20-10 type score. If Florida's offense shakes off the disaster that was Driskel in Miami and sticks to the run, and with our defense, it could by a 10-3 type game.

Let's put it this way: Even at AA meetings they will safely be playing drinking games tied to scoring in the UF-Tennessee game.

Gator,

Don't know what the weather is like up in Gainesville or even your neck of the woods, but we've certainly seen a big break today in the humidity down in south Florida. If you are experiencing the same, the weather isn't going to be the factor one might have thought earlier in the week.

Gator,

Don't know what the weather is like up in Gainesville or even your neck of the woods, but we've certainly seen a big break today in the humidity down in south Florida. If you are experiencing the same, the weather isn't going to be the factor one might have thought earlier in the week.

That's the only reason I am considering going up last minute.

UF has the best secondary in the SEC, and the best trio of corners in the country.

Roberson, Purifoy and the freshman Hargreaves will all play on Sundays.

Yet, this great secondary gave up two passing TDs in the first quarter in the loss to Miami. One for over 50 yards. Additionally, these guys weren't starters last year so they are having to learn on the go. This doesn't mean they don't have the talent to play on Sundays....... at some point.

But to say this is such a great secondary is just not responsible posting.

Reactions: 1 person
Yet, this great secondary gave up two passing TDs in the first quarter in the loss to Miami. One for over 50 yards. Additionally, these guys weren't starters last year so they are having to learn on the go. This doesn't mean they don't have the talent to play on Sundays....... at some point.

But to say this is such a great secondary is just not responsible posting.

The same corners that shut down Justin Hunter and Cordarelle Patterson last year return to Gainesville to face what's left of UT's receiving corps.

If you want to base your opinion of UF's secondary on one quarter against Miami receivers (Waters and Dorsett) who would start at UT, be my guest. That's not responsible posting on your part.

UF shut down Miami after the first quarter, completely shut them down. Our offense crapped the bed four times in the red zone, and gave up a fumble deep in our territory.

Again, I couldn't disagree with you more. It's not like UT has a QB who can exploit our "weak" secondary anyway.

I was surprised how bad the offense was at Oregon, Florida's D is like playing an NFL team.

true!! our chance is to not make mistakes and make driskel turn it over. if we get up early it won't be 17 quick points against us. we can count on it being close for 3 quarters. how will we manage it is the question.

true!! our chance is to not make mistakes and make driskel turn it over. if we get up early it won't be 17 quick points against us. we can count on it being close for 3 quarters. how will we manage it is the question.

Just exploit our secondary...it's the weak link of our defense.

The Duck fan who watched one quarter of the Miami game said so.

Just exploit our secondary...it's the weak link of our defense.

The Duck fan who watched one quarter of the Miami game said so.

uf d is nasty no doubt. but you guys don't just come out blowing people out. as longs it's close which it will be we have that sec rivals chance. but we can't just attack the d wide open. we have to get a good drive in when we can without letting any 80 yard runs early. we all know it will be a game for 3 quarters before the story is unfolded. if i was a turd i'd be nervous.

VN Store

Back