I really like our chances in the Swamp

Of all the times that we beat Florida, I can only remember one time that we out played them. The other times, they messed up and beat themselves.

If they make dumb mistakes and we don't, doesn't that mean we outplayed them?

OrangeAllDay, I see you are currently a resident of Hailey, Idaho, which isn't far from Stanley and the Sawtooth Mountains. I've visited there a couple of times and it's absolutely gorgeous country. Has the fall foliage begun to turn yet? Your "backyard" is a magnificent diversion when the football program hits choppy waters.

Just moved out here last week. Was up in the sawtooth mountains yesterday and it's beautiful, fall hasn't come yet but the mountains keep my mind off of UT losing

Reactions: 1 person
Based on what we've seen, I think we could win with as little as 14 as well. Their offense is pretty bad.

They only put up 24 against Toledo (who gave up 38 to Missouri and 33 to E Washington)

They only put up 16 against Miami.

Every year they score the two previous games added together on us, so that would be 40. I hope it does not happen, but until we change the trend...

Random thought:

I think the Vols need to go with the all-white uni's on Saturday. They've worn the orange pants the last two times down here, but I think us Gator fans would like to see a vintage 90's look with the Vols in all-white and the Gators in blue tops/white pants.

Also, I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this, but we've started a new tradition this year where we bring in Gator Greats to do the Mr. Two Bits cheer (Ericht Rhett did it at the first game). Since Tebow has been cut, what would the Vols do if Tim Tebow comes strutting out as the honorary Mr. Two Bits for this game? Would it destroy their focus?

Random thought:

I think the Vols need to go with the all-white uni's on Saturday. They've worn the orange pants the last two times down here, but I think us Gator fans would like to see a vintage 90's look with the Vols in all-white and the Gators in blue tops/white pants.

Also, I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this, but we've started a new tradition this year where we bring in Gator Greats to do the Mr. Two Bits cheer (Ericht Rhett did it at the first game). Since Tebow has been cut, what would the Vols do if Tim Tebow comes strutting out as the honorary Mr. Two Bits for this game? Would it destroy their focus?

Probably so... not everyday you see someone fail as hard as Tebow. Not sure our boys could stop laughing and concentrate.

Reactions: 1 person
Random thought:

Prob will wear all white, IMO

Probably so... not everyday you see someone fail as hard as Tebow. Not sure our boys could stop laughing and concentrate.

Lol!....maybe this is what Tebow was meant to do: he could become the head of the Gator spirit squad and whip The Swamp into a frenzy during each pregame.

What if Florida doesn't play Driskel? I seem to remember Florida finding QBs in the 90s and early 2000s to beat us. We win only if the defence gets a short field for the offence and we put points on them. We need TDs not FG as well. They are going to score. They always do. Worley has to play like Peyton Manning and throw all over the field so we can run and grind out the win. He has to have his best game ever.

I don't want to be a negavol, but this Florida defense will be tough to run on and our playbook is very predictable thus far.. They have our cards right now.

Our offense is ineffective with a QB who doesn't know how to use the ''zone read'' I also hate to say this, but if Worley struggles early on.. I would like to see a change by the 2nd quarter... then again we still loose by putting in another QB with limited playing time/snaps against one of the best defenses in the nation. You can't critique someone (back up) playing against a GREAT SEC defense.

Lose/lose situation... all we can do is hope THEY improve in this game and learn their identities.. stop having unrealistic expectations people

P.S. - If we can't generate Offense you guys will be really upset when Vandy beats us.. because they had no problems moving the ball against South Carolina

*puts flame suit on*

Hate to say it, but we will play the 3 and out deal again. I hope our defense is rested up.

I'm not putting money on a win for the Vols, but I do like some things about this game:

1) Based on interviews only, it seems like this team wants to bounce back in the worst way. This is the game I want if I am a player after a gut-check. Florida is a beatable team and a win would be a HUGE statement. It's rare you can make such a statement over a relatively average team - but that is the case with Florida. There's enough here to create some motivation for extra hours in the film room.

2) Florida has not shown the offensive firepower to put this game out of reach early.

3) Our team, so far this season, has been more disciplined and opportunistic. In a defensive game, those two attributes are very important.

4) I hate calling for a new QB, but if Worley produces a few more of his 3-and-out deer-in-headlights drives, I don't see how Butch can pass up giving another QB a shot to make something happen.

5) I could be wrong about this, so please correct if that's the case: It sounds like the coaches have been developing the playcalling and offensive plan around Worley's assets.

Based on this week's presser, it sounds like they now recognize that it's just not enough. Hopefully we pull out some new wrinkles that Florida doesn't have tape on and we get some big plays for a half. Once again, in a defensive game, this could be a big factor.

We have won there what twice 20 years and this is the team that's going to do it? Ok well I'm with you fellars. Ill let you be my paradime of hope.

My thing is they just lost to Miami, a team who was getting paid to be there, they (GATAS) are not going to turn right straight around and lose to Dooley's leftovers! And i hope you get F@##$N mad about it because i know i am!

I hear ya. Well, don't get me wrong, we're not a great offense. I'm just saying there is a certain level of potential there and you'd hate to see an unfair backlash against the UT defensive coaches if we start to fulfill that potential on Saturday.

A kid like Demarcus Robinson or Kelvin Taylor might make a big play and I could see Vol fans being like, "WTF?!? So now these no-name freshmen are making plays on us? Fire the coaches!" I don't think that's fair because, even though we've been unable to demonstrate it in the first two games, we're actually counting on those young guys to make plays for our offense. That's not going to be a reflection of UT's D, in my opinion, so don't ruin your new coaches' momentum with unfair negativity.

Our fans will do that regardless of what Florida does.

I'm not putting money on a win for the Vols, but I do like some things about this game:

1) Based on interviews only, it seems like this team wants to bounce back in the worst way. This is the game I want if I am a player after a gut-check. Florida is a beatable team and a win would be a HUGE statement. It's rare you can make such a statement over a relatively average team - but that is the case with Florida. There's enough here to create some motivation for extra hours in the film room.

2) Florida has not shown the offensive firepower to put this game out of reach early.

3) Our team, so far this season, has been more disciplined and opportunistic. In a defensive game, those two attributes are very important.

4) I hate calling for a new QB, but if Worley produces a few more of his 3-and-out deer-in-headlights drives, I don't see how Butch can pass up giving another QB a shot to make something happen.

5) I could be wrong about this, so please correct if that's the case: It sounds like the coaches have been developing the playcalling and offensive plan around Worley's assets.

Based on this week's presser, it sounds like they now recognize that it's just not enough. Hopefully we pull out some new wrinkles that Florida doesn't have tape on and we get some big plays for a half. Once again, in a defensive game, this could be a big factor.

Yep. We're going to beat Oregon, Bama, Georgia and South Carolina too. The players want to bounce back after a bad win? How many times have we heard that over the last 10 years? Until this team obtains legitimate, experienced SEC talent (and that will be several years from now), I don't even want to hear it. UT has talked always talked a great game. It's just been over a decade since they've actually played a great game.

BTW, I also love the insinuation that being a doormat of the conference for the last several years hasn't served as motivation for extra time in the film room.

Last edited:
I don't want to be a negavol, but this Florida defense will be tough to run on and our playbook is very predictable thus far.. They have our cards right now.

Our offense is ineffective with a QB who doesn't know how to use the ''zone read'' I also hate to say this, but if Worley struggles early on.. I would like to see a change by the 2nd quarter... then again we still loose by putting in another QB with limited playing time/snaps against one of the best defenses in the nation. You can't critique someone (back up) playing against a GREAT SEC defense.

Lose/lose situation... all we can do is hope THEY improve in this game and learn their identities.. stop having unrealistic expectations people

P.S. - If we can't generate Offense you guys will be really upset when Vandy beats us.. because they had no problems moving the ball against South Carolina

*puts flame suit on*

Not saying I don't agree somewhat but I would just like to add that Vandy had about 250 in total yards against USCe. Most of that in the 4th qtr

VN Store

Back