I smell an upset

spazzyvol

VFL TFWIW
Really have a good feeling about this weekend. We have strong players and a stout oline. This is a statement game for us. Traveling across the country to play the 2nd best team in the country. Butch will have our boys spitting fire! I know most are chalking up the L, but this weekend has the makings of a battle, and our team will dig deep and pull it off. The running game will be what gets us the W.

34-30

Reactions: 35 people
a_finger_exercise_that_eliminates_almost_100_percent_of_stress.gif

Reactions: 14 people
Really have a good feeling about this weekend. We have strong players and a stout oline. This is a statement game for us. Traveling across the country to play the 2nd best team in the country. Butch will have our boys spitting fire! I know most are chalking up the L, but this weekend has the makings of a battle, and our team will dig deep and pull it off. The running game will be what gets us the W.

34-30
I hope you're right spazzy, I hope you're right.

Reactions: 8 people
I love my smartass vol brothers lol

Didn't expect anyone to agree with me. But usually get a bad feeling when I know we will lose but I'm just not worried about this weekend. I feel good about Saturday and I'm looking forward to an entertaining game.

Reactions: 2 people

34-30

Its A Nice Dream.

But Just A Dream

Reactions: 4 people
I hope you are right. Right now I hope we keep a two score game and keep them below 40. I would be pretty satisfied with our team if the final was 38-24 or 38-28, because we still have a lot of work to do and an away game of that magnitude with a growing offense and defense would be a statement within itself. That said I still hope we win, but I just want it to be respectable.

Reactions: 8 people
Ducks are currently a 28pt favorite over the Vols, if the Vols were able to pull an upset, it may indeed be the bigest upset of all time....we can dream

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not expecting a win, but even if we play hard and somehow hold them to 40 points while not showing any glaring weaknesses, Tennessee will get some attention nationally I gurantee it.

Reactions: 3 people
Well we have nothing to lose and that makes me feel better, but the football gods will definitely have to be completely on our side Saturday and we will have to bring our A++ game. If not could be a long game. I think we definitely compete and give Oregon everything and more than they are ready for, but our lack of depth at the speed positions will be extremely difficult to overcome.

That's a hard trip even for the Pros and that pit in the ground that they call a stadium can get pretty loud. Not expecting a win but hoping for one.

One thing about it, as a 28pt underdog, the Vols have nothing to lose, but everything to gain

Reactions: 9 people
I just hope we make a game of it. Last time we played in Neyland, it was a game for the first half. We just didn't show up for the 2nd. Hope we play em for 4 quarters this time. I'd go nuts if it came down to a Palardy kick for the win and he nails it.

I just hope we make a game of it. Last time we played in Neyland, it was a game for the first half. We just didn't show up for the 2nd. Hope we play em for 4 quarters this time. I'd go nuts if it came down to a Palardy kick for the win and he nails it.
I don't think it was a matter of showing up, it was depth. We're going to have that same problem this time around as well. Our offense needs to sustain some long drives to give us a chance. Our D is going to need some rest.

Irony at it's greatest

Reactions: 1 person
Well we have nothing to lose and that makes me feel better, but the football gods will definitely have to be completely on our side Saturday and we will have to bring our A++ game. If not could be a long game. I think we definitely compete and give Oregon everything and more than they are ready for, but our lack of depth at the speed positions will be extremely difficult to overcome.

That's the thing. We do have plenty to lose.

The more we dig into our bag of tricks, the more game footage we're giving Florida to use.

We don't need to beat Oregon... we just need to not get blown out. Play a well disciplined game with few penalties in a hostile environment preparing for a game the next week in another hostile environment.

We need to beat Florida.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back