I smell an upset

really have a good feeling about this weekend. We have strong players and a stout oline. This is a statement game for us. Traveling across the country to play the 2nd best team in the country. Butch will have our boys spitting fire! I know most are chalking up the l, but this weekend has the makings of a battle, and our team will dig deep and pull it off. The running game will be what gets us the w.

34-30

good call!

Reactions: 1 person
I love the optimism and as much as I love the Vols they're about another year maybe two away from an upset against Oregon. I believe if the Vols upset any ranked teams those upsets would be against one of two teams. One being Florida and the other being South Carolina. Florida and South Carolina I don't believe has showed the dominance that they could and if that hasn't changed by the time the Vols rolled into Gainesville, FL there could be an upset.

Tennessee's offense is going to have to step up and put points up on the board and do so consistently before they pull an upset over Oregon. I felt sorry for their defense on Saturday, yes they were rolling forcing turnovers and doing everything they could with a lot of success, but when the offense goes three and out for most of the first half their defense couldn't get rested enough.

Oregon is a whole lot faster paced than WKU is and if their defense has to stay on the field the way they did with WKU, Oregon's fast paced temp will have them gassed by the end of the 1st half.

Still just like you I will remain optimistic and cross my fingers and pray for a win.

As I said their defense would have been gassed and they were. Tennessee's offense is going to have to stay on the field longer than a 3 & out to beat these ranked teams. I predicted Oregon to win 52-10 and I was pretty close.

Really have a good feeling about this weekend. We have strong players and a stout oline. This is a statement game for us. Traveling across the country to play the 2nd best team in the country. Butch will have our boys spitting fire! I know most are chalking up the L, but this weekend has the makings of a battle, and our team will dig deep and pull it off. The running game will be what gets us the W.

34-30

:eek:lol:

I'm sorry. It really was a fantastic post. Just turned out a little different lol.

VN Store

Back