I smell an upset

Really have a good feeling about this weekend. We have strong players and a stout oline. This is a statement game for us. Traveling across the country to play the 2nd best team in the country. Butch will have our boys spitting fire! I know most are chalking up the L, but this weekend has the makings of a battle, and our team will dig deep and pull it off. The running game will be what gets us the W.

34-30

crazy bro

Really have a good feeling about this weekend. We have strong players and a stout oline. This is a statement game for us. Traveling across the country to play the 2nd best team in the country. Butch will have our boys spitting fire! I know most are chalking up the L, but this weekend has the makings of a battle, and our team will dig deep and pull it off. The running game will be what gets us the W.

34-30

Just setting yourself up for a hard fall!

Any team can win on any day......Upsets do happen BYU over Texas....just to name one this past weekend. I will not count the heart of this team out until the final horn has sounded.......GO BIG ORANGE

Reactions: 2 people
The Dooley factor has been eliminated.

But our guys did start that game with emotion and we have a much better roster this go around.

Let's not forget, Dooley got the equivalent of THREE halftimes to give the Rommel, Opportunity is Nowhere, Shower Discipline, and Bamboo speeches to the team.

No wonder they curled up in the second half.

Can you imagine what would have happened that game if Sal had been in that locker room too???? :eek:

Reactions: 1 person
I seriously doubt that Coach Jones and the rest of the team are flying to Oregon and planning to lose. We just have to wait and see what he has planned for the ducks.

If we had a better offense I would have more hope, but our offense is the only thing I'm smelling. And it ain't good

I seriously doubt that Coach Jones and the rest of the team are flying to Oregon and planning to lose. We just have to wait and see what he has planned for the ducks.

Well of course no one plans to lose. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. We just have to see how hard and how often Oregon punches us. and there wont be a Neyland Stadium crown to pick us back up off the mat.

To add to my previous post. I think this is the biggest automatic loss on our schedule. Even more of a sure thing than the Bama game. That doesnt mean I am down on Tennessee. I think if Tennessee were twice as good as they currently are, they still dont walk out of this game with Oregon.

If CBJ comes away with this win, I would automatically give him a 10 year extension before he even gets back on the plane to Knoxville because it would be one of the biggest miracles in Tennessee football history.

The only way we'll be able to pull off an upset is if we give Oregon a taste of their own medicine. Maybe an early long TD if Worley can hit North on a go route, followed by recovering a surprise inside kick and another quick score, thenforcing a turnover on their next drive.

That's what it will take. If that type of thing happens, watch out. We might have another Cal 2006 on our hands.

We are out matched across the board. The only way to win is create turnovers and take advantage of them with touchdowns. That demoralizes the players and takes the crowd out of the game.

a_finger_exercise_that_eliminates_almost_100_percent_of_stress.gif

This was LG before the Miami game....

Would it be possible for us to lose, very closely, and crack Top 25?

Possible but I don't think we could unless we beat Florida the following week after playing Oregon close. Barely losing to Oregon and still losing to Florida even if it is close isn't going to get us in the top 25

VN Store

Back