I smell an upset

I just hope we make a game of it. Last time we played in Neyland, it was a game for the first half. We just didn't show up for the 2nd. Hope we play em for 4 quarters this time. I'd go nuts if it came down to a Palardy kick for the win and he nails it.

The Dooley factor has been eliminated.

But our guys did start that game with emotion and we have a much better roster this go around.

Reactions: 4 people
I just hope we make a game of it. Last time we played in Neyland, it was a game for the first half. We just didn't show up for the 2nd. Hope we play em for 4 quarters this time. I'd go nuts if it came down to a Palardy kick for the win and he nails it.

Oregon changed their speed and there was no way we could keep up with our depth. Had they done that from the beginning the rain might have been a welcome sight

Reactions: 1 person
Oregon beats teams in the 2nd half because of speed and they dont tire out and when they smell blood they attack hard. With our players in much better shape I think we will give them a good run in the 2nd half and if we can create a few turnovers and gain momentum we all may be suprised. GBO

Oregon changed their speed and there was no way we could keep up with our depth. Had they done that from the beginning the rain might have been a welcome sight

That's how they have always played, as far as I can tell.

They just wear people out with their speed and then bam they take a simple sweep for a 70 yard TD.

Their QB might very well put up more yards running than our entire team.

Anyone can smell an upset if they want to. I, myself don't expect it, but it ain't over til the umpire blows the last whistle. I sure would take one if it happened.

The Dooley factor has been eliminated.

But our guys did start that game with emotion and we have a much better roster this go around.

flying halfway across the world to play the #2 team in the country is enough of a factor to claim a loss. I'm not even sure Alabama could win under those circumstances.

Our offense will not be able to keep up with theirs. Plain and simple.

flying halfway across the world to play the #2 team in the country is enough of a factor to claim a loss. I'm not even sure Alabama could win under those circumstances.

Alabama would manhandle Oregon.

We, however, have a very long way to go, unfortunately.

That's how they have always played, as far as I can tell.

They just wear people out with their speed and then bam they take a simple sweep for a 70 yard TD.

Their QB might very well put up more yards running than our entire team.

I may be remembering wrong but they came out of that delay/2nd half and their offense looked different. They went much faster and just killed us since we didn't have the players to keep up.

Not an upset. We suck.

You may suck, but not worse than us.

We're probably going to get run out of the Swamp and y'all will have a false sense of confidence for 5 minutes but then it will all go away when you play LSU or something. Soz.

I am a diehard fan and am usually a very optimistic person when it comes to the Vols, but I do believe we will just be upset as fans after this game.....have to have tempered expectations. I truly believe CBJ will have us in the right direction, but this is truly a rebuilding project. While the D played well against WKU, at times they were able to move on the D with ease. Vols allowed around 400 yards of offense. I just dont see Ducks turning the ball over that much. I have been wrong before though. I truly hope I eat crow, but not betting on it.

You may suck, but not worse than us.

We're probably going to get run out of the Swamp and y'all will have a false sense of confidence for 5 minutes but then it will all go away when you play LSU or something. Soz.

We might accidentally win if you turn it over a lot.

Tell you what, though, in any event I doubt Driskel is allowed to pass more than 12, maybe 15 times in that game.

Reactions: 2 people

Alabama would beat Oregon in a neutral or home game setting or in a major bowl game. I would not be surprise at all if Oregon beat Bama playing on Oregon's field.

We might accidentally win if you turn it over a lot.

Tell you what, though, in any event I doubt Driskel is allowed to pass more than 12, maybe 15 times in that game.

We're gonna make Driskel look like a world beater. Tennessee is always Florida's yearly coming out game.

Reactions: 2 people

Disagreed... especially if Alabama had to travel out to Autzen. That's the kicker.

If it was a neutral site, say, Dallas it'd be different.

Their OL had a lot of problems and it would be very difficult to make adjustments at Autzen. They got outgained by Virginia Tech and VT has nowhere near the Offensive talent that Oregon has... and that is before the 2,472 offensive injuries that VT suffered.

Alabama had 14 offensive points.

Our offense will not be able to keep up with theirs. Plain and simple.

Don't watch the game then or be the first one on here to post I told you so. Your attitude isn't annoying at all

I am a diehard fan and am usually a very optimistic person when it comes to the Vols, but I do believe we will just be upset as fans after this game.....have to have tempered expectations. I truly believe CBJ will have us in the right direction, but this is truly a rebuilding project. While the D played well against WKU, at times they were able to move on the D with ease. Vols allowed around 400 yards of offense. I just dont see Ducks turning the ball over that much. I have been wrong before though. I truly hope I eat crow, but not betting on it.

Just keep in mind that even Dooley was able to manhandle the first two opponents on our schedule the last two years. But we were exposed against real teams.

Not saying the CBJ is like Dooley, but it has every bit as much to do with player talent as it does with coaching.

Don't watch the game then or be the first one on here to post I told you so. Your attitude isn't annoying at all

If you think I'm being annoying then you have the problem. Nothing I have said is unreasonable at all. There is no way anyone should expect Tennessee to win this game. Like I posted earlier, I dont think Alabama could travel to Oregon and win.

I just want us to make good football decisions and not look like quitters as we did so many times last year.

We can beat Florida, but realistically we have no shot at winning at Oregon. It would literally be one of the biggest upsets in the history of college football. As big as Appy State beating Michigan.

I just don't get these "feeling" threads. UT is down but is still not a team that will get overlooked.
If you watched that wku game you can see how pourous the d is. Worley had shown no indication that he can keep up the scoring pace.

VN Store

Back