I smell an upset

Really have a good feeling about this weekend. We have strong players and a stout oline. This is a statement game for us. Traveling across the country to play the 2nd best team in the country. Butch will have our boys spitting fire! I know most are chalking up the L, but this weekend has the makings of a battle, and our team will dig deep and pull it off. The running game will be what gets us the W.

34-30

Hope your right brother but unless Worley can all of a sudden figure out how to hit his wide open receivers and gain arm strength this week I just dont see it. We need to slow down the pace and run the ball and be physical. If we try to get into a shootout we get run out of Oregon.Would love to see Peterman or Ferguson get some PT.

Our defense runs out of gas in the 3rd quarter. We don't have quality backups. This could get ugly fast in the second half.

Our defense runs out of gas in the 3rd quarter. We don't have quality backups. This could get ugly fast in the second half.

Hate to agree but believe your right unless we can have alot of sustained drives that keeps our D off the field but our offense isnt designed to do that

I'm feeling more comfortable right now than I did watching the UVA game. I believe Jones will put us in more of a position to compete than Dooley would have. I know that's not much, but it's all I got. I don't believe we'll be embarrassed.

There is a chance we upset the Ducks, but either way we win. Our young team will gain experience, an be more ready for SEC play.

Reactions: 3 people
Really have a good feeling about this weekend. We have strong players and a stout oline. This is a statement game for us. Traveling across the country to play the 2nd best team in the country. Butch will have our boys spitting fire! I know most are chalking up the L, but this weekend has the makings of a battle, and our team will dig deep and pull it off. The running game will be what gets us the W.

34-30
I still think we should run a lot of formations with Croom, Harris and North...all 6'4"+...to simply overwhelm OR's db's with size. There HAS to be a mismatch somewhere, with those 3 lined up. Both in the passing game and in the running game, as blockers.

I also believe it will blow the top off of their coverage, forcing their safeties to stay high, to defend the deep ball, rather than up close to the LOS to help support the run.

The other critical thing is that Big Mac needs to play the game of his life, Sat. If he wants to be a high draft pick, he needs to showcase to the NFL scouts just why. If he penetrates into the backfield regularly, he could be the disruptive force we need to throttle their offense.

I still think it's a bad mistake to start Hood next to Big Dan. It should be Couch, because he has shown a knack for explosive plays, and he's just a bigger/more stout player. Hood just said that he's about 260lbs. That's DE weight. Not DT.

The reason I suspect they are starting Hood, instead, is that when they sub, they probably don't want to have 2 average players side by side (Hood and Saulsberry). May be better to have one of them playing next to a true starter, in each rotation?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Hope your right brother but unless Worley can all of a sudden figure out how to hit his wide open receivers and gain arm strength this week I just dont see it. We need to slow down the pace and run the ball and be physical. If we try to get into a shootout we get run out of Oregon.Would love to see Peterman or Ferguson get some PT.
" love to see Peterman or Ferguson get some PT" Not me, if we see either of those two it means OU is up by 30 and the game is out of reach.

I still think we should run a lot of formations with Croom, Harris and North...all 6'4"+...to simply overwhelm OR's db's with size. There HAS to be a mismatch somewhere, with those 3 lined up. Both in the passing game and in the running game, as blockers.

I also believe it will blow the top off of their coverage, forcing their safeties to stay high, to defend the deep ball, rather than up close to the LOS to help support the run.

The other critical thing is that Big Mac needs to play the game of his life, Sat. If he wants to be a high draft pick, he needs to showcase to the NFL scouts just why. If he penetrates into the backfield regularly, he could be the disruptive force we need to throttle their offense.

I still think it's a bad mistake to start Hood next to Big Dan. It should be Couch, because he has shown a knack for explosive plays, and he's just a bigger/more stout player. Hood just said that he's about 260lbs. That's DE weight. Not DT.

The reason I suspect they are starting Hood, instead, is that when they sub, they probably don't want to have 2 average players side by side (Hood and Saulsberry). May be better to have one of them playing next to a true starter, in each rotation?

If UT can stuff their run and contain their QB & not F up on special teams I think they could pull it off.

We have no chance in this game unless Oregon's defense is terrible. We potentially have a decent to good running attack but we have no playmakers and our passing game is weak. We're not exactly an offensive juggernaut. Oregon, meanwhile, has a high-scoring offense that will attack our outside linebackers and corners, which is a weakness of ours. Add it up.

We have no chance in this game unless Oregon's defense is terrible. We potentially have a decent to good running attack but we have no playmakers and our passing game is weak. We're not exactly an offensive juggernaut. Oregon, meanwhile, has a high-scoring offense that will attack our outside linebackers and corners, which is a weakness of ours. Add it up.

We get it...now stfu and gtfo

Reactions: 2 people
If CBJ comes away with this win, I would automatically give him a 10 year extension before he even gets back on the plane to Knoxville because it would be one of the biggest miracles in Tennessee football history.[/QUOTE]

id give him a statue

You need to start playing the lottery often

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back