I think it's about time we beat the GATORS

In 2001, UF's defense had to deal with Donta Stallworth, Kelley Washington and Jason Witten in the passing game (in addition to Travis Stephens...who we didn't deal with very well).

Those offensive weapons don't exist in the passing game for UT right now, and UF's secondary frustrated UT's talented receivers last year.

First year starters at QB usually don't come out of Gainesville with a win, but the game still has to be played. If UT can't run the ball, it's going to be a long day.

Pretty much. If UT can't control the LOS with its OL and hold serve with its DL they can't win that game among several others on the schedule.

......time to go shoot something.

Remember, it's been 100 years since we've been this bad. Hopefully, it will be another 100 or more before we ever experience such again. However, I can only wish that each of the teams listed by 99gator get to experience the level of humility we've learned over the last 10.

It's been a hard pill to swallow.

Remember, it's been 100 years since we've been this bad. Hopefully, it will be another 100 or more before we ever experience such again. However, I can only wish that each of the teams listed by 99gator get to experience the level of humility we've learned over the last 10.

I experienced the "joy" of being a UF fan as a child in the 70s, and as a college student at UF in the mid-to-late 80s.

That's got to count for something.

When you say humility for this situation what do you mean?

a lot of them did/have.

check out lsu in the 90's.

check out georgia in the 90's. you put up with 3 years of derek dooley. georgia people had to deal with ray goff for 7 seasons.

auburn has been up and down like a roller coaster for the last 20 years.

you know what south carolina's history is.

you know what florida's history is before spurrier. whenever people talk about florida "getting theirs", i tell them that's what happened for god knows how long.

that's why florida people chuckled about the "running up the score" accusations. oh, really? no one had a problem with it when florida was on the receiving end. tell me what school you are a fan of, and i'll tell you the year that your school had no problem running it up on florida.

and when tennessee lays the wood to someone again, you'll be there to tell them about the time when people had no problem sticking it to tennessee.

we've all suffered at some point.

Reactions: 3 people
a lot of them did/have.

check out georgia in the 90's. you put up with 3 years of derek dooley. georgia people had to deal with ray goff for 7 seasons.

you know what florida's history is before spurrier. whenever people talk about florida "getting theirs", i tell them that's what happened for god knows how long.

that's why florida people chuckled about the "running up the score" accusations. oh, really? no one had a problem with it when florida was on the receiving end. tell me what school you are a fan of, and i'll tell you the year that your school had no problem running it up on florida.

and when tennessee lays the wood to someone again, you'll be there to tell them about the time when people had no problem sticking it to tennessee.

So you can say any team in College Football is going to get blown out, and have the crappy years.
Southern Cal Trojans in the Pete Carroll Years were known for steamrolling opponents. There was the Stanford game where they were blown out, and Stanford went for two.

It was hilarous the complaining by Coach Carroll about running the score up when that's what the Trojans did to their foes.

dude, seriously.

0-8 in the last 8 vs. florida (last win 2004)
0-6 in the last 6 vs. alabama (last win 2006)
0-5 in the last 5 vs. auburn (last win 1999)
0-3 in the last 3 vs. georgia (last win 2009)
0-3 in the last 3 vs. south carolina (last win 2009)
0-4 in the last 4 vs. lsu (last win 2005)

And, (devil's advocate) we are only 1-1 in the last 2 years against lowly Vandy and UK. So even as a UT fan I'm pretty sure we can't just beat anyone we want to.

dude, seriously.

0-8 in the last 8 vs. florida (last win 2004)
0-6 in the last 6 vs. alabama (last win 2006)
0-5 in the last 5 vs. auburn (last win 1999)
0-3 in the last 3 vs. georgia (last win 2009)
0-3 in the last 3 vs. south carolina (last win 2009)
0-4 in the last 4 vs. lsu (last win 2005)

:rock: We are due! GBO!

And, (devil's advocate) we are only 1-1 in the last 2 years against lowly Vandy and UK. So even as a UT fan I'm pretty sure we can't just beat anyone we want to.

Also 0-1 against Missouri if we're going ahead and throwing everyone in there.

When you say humility for this situation what do you mean?

Before this "train wreck," I would see too many of our fans become consistently rude, and completely unreasonable. I'm all for full Big Orange support, but I prefer a little careful humility in concert w/ such.

Like Peyton said, "you learn to cherish the wins - all of them." In other words, you no longer take for winning for granted or expect it like it's an entitlement.

That being said, this is Tennessee and we expect our program to perform at a championship level.

a lot of them did/have.

All great points, and it pains me to agree w/ you … twice.

VN Store

Back