I think it's about time we beat the GATORS

Would this work?

th

GO VOLS..
GO BIG ORANGE ... :rock:

HELL YEA!:salute::thumbsup:

99gator - I wonder sometimes why you come on this site. You can make the most harmless joke and just get ravaged by the VN crowd. You should know by now that a majority of guys on here have zero sense of humor and they can go from calm to furious in a nanosecond. I personally like reading your posts and you make some good points from time to time. But, man, are you a glutton for punishment!

99gator - I wonder sometimes why you come on this site. You can make the most harmless joke and just get ravaged by the VN crowd. You should know by now that a majority of guys on here have zero sense of humor and they can go from calm to furious in a nanosecond. I personally like reading your posts and you make some good points from time to time. But, man, are you a glutton for punishment!

Ya'll might be more comfortable on the Virtual Swamp message board:neener:

Reactions: 1 person
We won the SEC in '99.

The ten years between '99 and '09 is the longest Bama has ever gone between league titles. So yeah, no matter what you want to convince yourself of, that stretch is the aberration, not the norm.

I'm not trying to convince myself of anything. I simply updated your years, I knew 99 was a good year,ist stating that 07 and 08 were bad too.

I even put your history in my post, I was agreeing with you. I just went back to the 80's, but history shows that Bama has 2-3 lean years followed by 7-8 good/great years. That's why we will see if history repeats itself soon.

So Rocky Top mentions Neyland Stadium? I don't understand your question.

However, I seriously doubt UF fans care too much about a song when they've regularly kicked UT's butt on the field for over 30 years.

I think he thinks they're jealous because they don't have a song they can sing along to? Hard to tell the question there

I'm not trying to convince myself of anything. I simply updated your years, I knew 99 was a good year,ist stating that 07 and 08 were bad too.

I even put your history in my post, I was agreeing with you. I just went back to the 80's, but history shows that Bama has 2-3 lean years followed by 7-8 good/great years. That's why we will see if history repeats itself soon.

Well, as much as I'd love to agree with you, I just don't see a lean year, let alone (2-3 lean years) in their immediate future. The next time they have a lean year will be 2-3 years after Saban has hung it up.

So Rocky Top mentions Neyland Stadium? I don't understand your question.

However, I seriously doubt UF fans care too much about a song when they've regularly kicked UT's butt on the field for over 30 years.

I recall a comment made about being negative, or somehting bad.
A person can dislike or hate the song doesn't change it's still a cool song.

From Last year a Pick of Volunnters Defensive player Johnson throwing a Gator down easily.
Let's play that kind of defense for most of the game.

120919124432_a.%20j.%20johnson.jpg

I recall a comment made about being negative, or somehting bad.
A person can dislike or hate the song doesn't change it's still a cool song.

From Last year a Pick of Volunnters Defensive player Johnson throwing a Gator down easily.
Let's play that kind of defense for most of the game.

120919124432_a.%20j.%20johnson.jpg

Yes, it's a cool song (hate the WOO), but most opposing teams (mostly fans) hate Rocky Top.

I highly doubt UF players gave 2 rips about it after they left Neyland with a W.

Yes, it's a cool song (hate the WOO), but most opposing teams (mostly fans) hate Rocky Top.

I highly doubt UF players gave 2 rips about it after they left Neyland with a W.

It was a Florida Fan on the ESPN Gators vs Volunteers Conversation that wrote it.

Maybe it's annoyance with it getting overplayed, I think it should be used for Tds, Fgs,turnovers, and before games when the Head Coach, Players, Smokey and the rest are running in the T, and after games to celebrate Wins.

Anyways back to the Game.
Humilate the Gators, make them quit, and rock the Gators by that I mean to move them violently which would be with the hard hits and tackling, also to move them backwards with tackling.
Score more than 31 points The Vols chances of winning are 88 percent if the Vols could also win TOP, win the Rushing battle, Score Mainly tds, contain the big plays including running, take advantage of Gators mistakes plus produce turnovers, and multiple clutch plays.
Including the fumble not recovered when the Gators had the ball to start the game those are the kind of plays that make the difference between a Win and a Loss.

Can't wait for this game. Hope there is a lot of talk the Gators are going to easily run the Volunteers over, the Volunteers don't have any weapons to keep it a competive game, a cakewalk for the Gators in the Swamp, etc.

End the Execrable Streak in the Swamp with Head Coach Butch Jones in his first game vs the Gators that would be excellent.

It's always excellent to beat Florida because they are to the Volunteers what Lex Luthor is to Superman, Ravens are to the Steelers, Ravens are to the Titans, etc .
The Volunteers do have other intense rivals including Crimson Tide but I think Gators is the intensest.

Score more than 31 points The Vols chances of winning are 88 percent if the Vols could also win TOP, win the Rushing battle, Score Mainly tds, contain the big plays including running, take advantage of Gators mistakes plus produce turnovers, and multiple clutch plays.

Innovative gameplan. I had no idea that Tom Landry came back to life and started posting on VN.

I've thought it was about time we beat the Gator's for the last 35 years, but it hasn't happened but a handful of times. unfortunately it won't happen this year either, we're too far down on talent to compete with Florida.
Maybe in 4 years we can even the talent mismatch.
Go Vols

i don't have any problems with "rocky top". it just seems like it's the only thing the tennessee band ever plays and then it becomes annoying.

Anyways back to the Game.
Humilate the Gators, make them quit, and rock the Gators by that I mean to move them violently which would be with the hard hits and tackling, also to move them backwards with tackling.
Including the fumble not recovered when the Gators had the ball to start the game those are the kind of plays that make the difference between a Win and a Loss..

So you're saying we have a chance to win if we play really well and Florida plays really bad?

Hmmmm.........interesting :question:

i don't have any problems with "rocky top". it just seems like it's the only thing the tennessee band ever plays and then it becomes annoying.

It's nowhere near as annoying as FSU's war chant. At least Rocky Top has actual lyrics and the melody changes.

And as far as Rocky Top goes, for everyone here claiming they hate the "WOO", there's a bunch of closet WOOers out there because in all my trips to Neyland it sounds like the entire stadium is paying homage to the Nature Boy.

Don't be a closet WOOer...embrace the WOO.

We were up 20-13 in the third with the ball on the UF side of the field. God, that was painful. I'm always up for a win, just wouldn't bet that way. Butch will eventually get it done because, let's face it, he GETS it.

I really think you need to focus less on the third game of the year and more on what is in front of you, what is more fundamental, more meaningful to this UT team right now. Something possible, albeit a bit of a reach for this squad.

So let's start with ....

13524663-instructional-poster-showing-how-to-tie-shoelaces-step-by-step.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
If Florida doesn't happen for vol fans, right behind the Oregon extravaganza, there's always the Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama part of the schedule to concentrate on.

VN Store

Back