I think it's about time we beat the GATORS

th
:salute:

I know the font is pretty small, but you do realize that UT had nothing to do with the moment you're rubbing in the gator's face, right?

I always love the UT comeback of showing Gators upset with losing in a major bowl game or the SECCG, something UT players and fans haven't had to worry about in a long time.

Reactions: 1 person
Who cares,I would root for the University of Pyongyang if they played the Gators.

It's one thing to root against your rival when they are playing a a third party.

It's another to use that third party's success to talk smack about your rival. Especially when that rival owns your program of late.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
It's nowhere near as annoying as FSU's war chant. At least Rocky Top has actual lyrics and the melody changes.

And as far as Rocky Top goes, for everyone here claiming they hate the "WOO", there's a bunch of closet WOOers out there because in all my trips to Neyland it sounds like the entire stadium is paying homage to the Nature Boy.

Don't be a closet WOOer...embrace the WOO.

EFF the Woo! :banghead2:

Don't you think it's about time and I say this because I know it's a true test for us. If we can beat them we launch our season off, its the win we need forget about the ducks we need to take the FLORIDA GATORS in a SEC matchup and beat the orange out off them. Amen

Said everyone since 2005
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Don't think it is too far out there to win both, the duck and gator games. The gators had alot of turnover in their defense( the strongest part of their team last year). They still have driskel, but he was so up and down last year that I wouldn't bet on him. Their recovers are also unproven. Other than their record last year, I don't understand all the hype. The ducks have a new head coach. He could be great, or that could end up looking like the Arkansas experiment last year. Jmo

Hell yeah beat the gators and I drink myself into an alcohol induced coma. Oh,wait I done that all last year watching our D play and Sal calling plays smh. But,I think we can do it just got to have some things go our way.

Don't think it is too far out there to win both, the duck and gator games. The gators had alot of turnover in their defense( the strongest part of their team last year). They still have driskel, but he was so up and down last year that I wouldn't bet on him. Their recovers are also unproven. Other than their record last year, I don't understand all the hype. The ducks have a new head coach. He could be great, or that could end up looking like the Arkansas experiment last year. Jmo

What UF returns on defense > What UT returns on offense

Replacing Matt Elam and Shariff Floyd won't be easy, but it should be far less difficult than replacing Bray, Patterson, Hunter and Rivera...and installing a new offense.

At best UF's offense will be above average, but this is the first season since 2008 we've had the same offensive coordinator two years in a row. I don't count the Addazio years because a trained monkey could outscheme him. :)

dude, seriously.

0-8 in the last 8 vs. florida (last win 2004)
0-6 in the last 6 vs. alabama (last win 2006)
0-5 in the last 5 vs. auburn (last win 1999)
0-3 in the last 3 vs. georgia (last win 2009)
0-3 in the last 3 vs. south carolina (last win 2009)
0-4 in the last 4 vs. lsu (last win 2005)

......time to go shoot something.

Reactions: 1 person
So you're saying we have a chance to win if we play really well and Florida plays really bad?

Hmmmm.........interesting :question:

Obviously yes but more likely is the tug of war kind of game similar to what was shown in 2001 if they were to win. The Volunteers were able to keep up with the Gators, and make clutch plays to win that game.

The Volunteers would need a similar performance, they made clutch plays both first half plus second half to continue to score points, got turnovers, and the Volunteers had a terrific game running the ball.

The clutch plays make a large difference. A missed opportunity for a turnover, catch deep in the other team's side of the field, etc.
Having rewatched the Gators Volunteers 2012 game there were multiple missed opportunities for clutch plays inlcuding the execrable not recovering the fumble on the first possession.

Obviously yes but more likely is the tug of war kind of game similar to what was shown in 2001 if they were to win. The Volunteers were able to keep up with the Gators, and make clutch plays to win that game.

The Volunteers would need a similar performance, they made clutch plays both first half plus second half to continue to score points, got turnovers, and the Volunteers had a terrific game running the ball.

The clutch plays make a large difference. A missed opportunity for a turnover, catch deep in the other team's side of the field, etc.
Having rewatched the Gators Volunteers 2012 game there were multiple missed opportunities for clutch plays inlcuding the execrable not recovering the fumble on the first possession.

In 2001, UF's defense had to deal with Donta Stallworth, Kelley Washington and Jason Witten in the passing game (in addition to Travis Stephens...who we didn't deal with very well).

Those offensive weapons don't exist in the passing game for UT right now, and UF's secondary frustrated UT's talented receivers last year.

First year starters at QB usually don't come out of Gainesville with a win, but the game still has to be played. If UT can't run the ball, it's going to be a long day.

Last edited:
We just needed some intestinal fortitude to make that happen last year imo. I think that changes this year. Unfortunately, the talent level has changed a bit as well on offense.

Not to be difficult, but a lot more speed on the edge would have helped too. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back