I think our WR's are gonna surprise even us

37 points
500+ yards of total offense
Jeff Driskel, SEC player of the week

Let that sink in

Did you read where I said you're PASSING game. Is the education system really that bad down there?

But even if you wanna rank the gators by Total Offense. You still suck. But the fact that you're publicly touting your QB, makes me feel better about next season and seasons to follow.

TOTAL OFFENSE 2013:
34. Cincinnati
35. Tennessee
55. Army
84. Middle Tennessee

96. South Florida
97. Florida
98. South Alabama

Based on? The spring? Several and maybe most of the contributors in the fall did not play in the spring game. The likely starting TE didn't. Croom didn't.

I really like Dobbs. He looks like the better prospect vs Ferguson. But what advantage do you think he has over Worley or Peterman?

They will both have a head start on the system and working with the team/receivers. Both are FAR more developed- both came in similar in size to those guys and are now around 220... a huge gain in muscle mass. Worley in particular was a VERY accomplished passer in HS... better than either of the incoming guys.

It is VERY foolish to make a conclusion about those two based on what fans saw of spring practice.

Yep. Good points.

He is a "bran"iac. lol Nothing will stay there for long.

I'm not sure about someone who shoots for genius and posts their fiber content instead.

Good get. Gotta admit I've been reading, reluctantly, his posts for awhile now and never noticed he misspelled Brain.... figures.

37 points

Let that sink in

I've always wonder something....

Tennessee has Neyland

Alabama has Bear

Etc etc

What legendary coach does Florida have?

Spurrier? Nope he is finishing his career at SC.

Meyers? Nope finishing his career at Ohio St.

agreed.

we just have to get them the ball. itll take a half a year. we have the captain of the ship now.

it takes a captain to steer a ship. predecessor was an absolute joke.

now find a qb. and game on

I posted something about this topic on scout about a week ago and thought i would share some of my optimism as well.

I thought I had watched all of our '13 WRs coming this summer but I think I had mistaken Ryan Jenkins for a CB. Has everyone watched this kids highlight video? This kid is electric with the ball in his hands. Wow! I know it is very unlikely a HS kid can come in a play his Freshman year but Jenkins could suprise everybody.

Ryan Jenkins WR 13
Ryan Jenkins - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Then of course we have Marquez North. Tall very athletic WR who could start from day one. After you watch North you will be very excited at the possibilities.
Marquez North Senior Highlights - YouTube

Then finally we have Josh Smith. And if you have seen this kids highlights you know already he is electric when he gets the ball in his hands. Doubtfull he plays his freshman year but you never know how things will turn out. http://joshwsmith.com/?page_id=150

And I am also excited about Woody Quinn TE. He is a JUCO TE with game experience and from his film he looks like he could start day one. Hope i am right. IMO with Quinn, Brendan Downs and King as TE's we will have 3 great additional recievers to stretch the field and catch the ball. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/15...lights/22412383

As you can tell i am very optimistic about this summer. I mean think about it. We will have Croom, Harris, Dallas, North, Quinn and Downs who could stretch the field every down that are all very Tall. I put the TE's in there because if used right they could help stretch it out np. Then we have Pig, Young, Blanc, Bowles and now Ryan Jenkins and Josh Smith who are your quick slant WR's that get those 1st Downs for you.

I am actually very excited to see how it plays out!!! GO VOLS!!!

I'm being serious, douche. What's is the worst that can come from higher expectations? Those not being met? SO WHAT?!! We lived through that for 5 ****ing years. Enjoy your miserable life dude. There's no use helping people like you. Have fun not cheering on UT every game this season. But I guess looking more apprehensive (and somehow you think that makes you look like the smarter football fan) is more important to you than the excitement and loyalty of thinking your team has a chance...What's the worst that can happen if we as a fanbase think we have a chance to win all of the games?
"We" would be thought of as nutzoid delusional sunshine pumping clowns if "we" thought that in 2013.

It would be a sign of low intellect, of "I want it all now" like a petulant child who faces reality with gauzed eyes and lollipopped rainbows on the ceiling of his room.

Carry on. Pink ponied unicorns are at your door. Ride.

Honestly we have no earthly idea what will happen with our WR core this year. Kind of hard to have expectations when you don't have much to go off of. I'm still excited in part because of the unknown and a little worried too.

I've always wonder something....

Tennessee has Neyland

Alabama has Bear

Etc etc

What legendary coach does Florida have?

Spurrier? Nope he is finishing his career at SC.

Meyers? Nope finishing his career at Ohio St.

that would certainly explain the success tennessee has enjoyed over florida.

I agree with volballer2014. Why should this prestigious university expect less than a&m success last year. New coach, new qback and new conference and they still won. Football is won and lost in the trenches and that is supposedly our strengths. And I am also tired of waiting till next year. You can wait to or three years to get excited but I expect to be in contention immediately.

A blind squirrel will find a acorn on occasion. I tell the aggies I know not to be overly cocky this preseason cause last yrs success isn't based on a solid foundation. They pretty much told the kid to run around. It was tough for schools on their schedule to prep for him way in advance. Now they have a whole offseason to prep for him. And now he has a new OC too.

At the end of the day I as a fan want the foundation to be solid and then built upon. Long term success rather than short term riches (ie Auburn w/ Newton). This fan base needs to understand that it takes time and support the work that's being done instead of going bipolar cause things are rough. Even if we have a crazy special season next year I would be very cautious to act as if we are in good shape for the long haul.

Just imho that's all...

A blind squirrel will find a acorn on occasion. I tell the aggies I know not to be overly cocky this preseason cause last yrs success isn't based on a solid foundation. They pretty much told the kid to run around. It was tough for schools on their schedule to prep for him way in advance. Now they have a whole offseason to prep for him. And now he has a new OC too.

At the end of the day I as a fan want the foundation to be solid and then built upon. Long term success rather than short term riches (ie Auburn w/ Newton). This fan base needs to understand that it takes time and support the work that's being done instead of going bipolar cause things are rough. Even if we have a crazy special season next year I would be very cautious to act as if we are in good shape for the long haul.

Just imho that's all...

Personally..I think the 2014 schedule is an even more brutal schedule given the losses on the OL and DL.

It depends on the attitude of te teams and coaching staff. Attitude is wort at least two games, either wins or losses. Our attitude is reflected by the comments expressed on the boards, radio talk shows and the rest of the media. The more positive our attitude, the more results will be.

Man if only people around here would have been positive (or at least tried) this past season. With all the close games maybe 1 or 2 could have been won. Unfortunately for to many getting rid of dooley to get gruden was more important than seeing the Vols win.

Man if only people around here would have been positive (or at least tried) this past season. With all the close games maybe 1 or 2 could have been won. Unfortunately for to many getting rid of dooley to get gruden was more important than seeing the Vols win.

What?

Uh, I don't know what to say so Ill just say this, go vols!

Serious man is serious.

Last edited:
Personally..I think the 2014 schedule is an even more brutal schedule given the losses on the OL and DL.

I agree. And why even though I would love to have a spectacular season next year cause I'm a Vol fan it worries me future fan expectation wise. I see what happened over at Mich in Hokes 1st year and then the following yrs drop.

37 points

Let that sink in

With Derek Dooley running the show, let that sink in. I wouldn't act like Florida made us look silly when the ENTIRE SEC did the same. Our defense was simply atrocious. Always out of place, always missing assignments, always at the worst times. And they never learned from it. New era, new mentality, new attitude. We may not be able to break the streak this year, but I guarantee you, Tennessee will not go down without a fight. No more giving up.

Did you read where I said you're PASSING game. Is the education system really that bad down there?

But even if you wanna rank the gators by Total Offense. You still suck. But the fact that you're publicly touting your QB, makes me feel better about next season and seasons to follow.

TOTAL OFFENSE 2013:
34. Cincinnati
35. Tennessee
55. Army
84. Middle Tennessee

96. South Florida
97. Florida
98. South Alabama

First two sentences made me lol.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back