I want to see the orange helmets again

ConantheVolbarian

What is best in life? Winning by fiddy!
I don't want to hear any nonsense about how they were cursed because we had that awful game against USC Jr in those helmets. They look awesome and why not have all orange (helmets, jerseys, and pants) against Florida or Alabama? That's just me though because I never have cared for white helmets, but the Vols and Penn State are the only teams that look good with them.

I don't want to hear any nonsense about how they were cursed because we had that awful game against USC Jr in those helmets. They look awesome and why not have all orange (helmets, jerseys, and pants) against Florida or Alabama? That's just me though because I never have cared for white helmets, but the Vols and Penn State are the only teams that look good with them.
Not cursed. Just ugly. Different finish and maybe

Yeah but they're cursed. Did you not see the 2022 South Carolina game? Cursed. CURSED. CURSED FOR ALL TIMES. A HUNDRED YEARS OF RICK AND MORTY CURSED.

cursed.png
I want those old 1990s Stormtrooper uniforms back, Morty. That's my series arc. If it takes 9 years of alternate uniforms ... I want my giant orange numerals and black outlines and black names on the back, Morty. That's what is going to take us right to the end of modern college football, Morty ... 9 more years of alternate uniforms ...

Last edited:
It wasn’t just an awful game. We had plenty of those with Kiffin, Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt. It was the most gut wrenching loss since the 01 sec championship. Seeing pictures of those helmets brings memories of that night back. Those helmets should be burned and the charred remains buried in Chernobyl exclusionary zone.

The Volunteers should do a Halloween celebration with this uniform combination.

OP
R.130e8150cdc8a85dce8e55f26604d96b

tenor.gif

Thank you, thank you.
id been wanting to see them forever…but to debut them on the road in such an important game was a mistake.
its just human nature to blame anything new when things go badly as happened in Columbia.
Really want them again in a home blowout game to salvage their reputation. Maybe UTEP?

Reactions: onevol74
Thank you, thank you.
id been wanting to see them forever…but to debut them on the road in such an important game was a mistake.
its just human nature to blame anything new when things go badly as happened in Columbia.
Really want them again in a home blowout game to salvage their reputation. Maybe UTEP?
It wasn't viewed as an important game at the time, we all thought we'd win by fiddy.

I think the only way to make the Orange work is if you use the Rifleman logo... It possibly the 1980s Vols wordmark with the star inside the O.
The baseball "Vols" script logo on the side of the helmet would look clean too! It'd be cool to honor the baseball national championship that way at one of our home games.

VN Store

Back