I want to see the orange helmets again

I don't want to hear any nonsense about how they were cursed because we had that awful game against USC Jr in those helmets. They look awesome and why not have all orange (helmets, jerseys, and pants) against Florida or Alabama? That's just me though because I never have cared for white helmets, but the Vols and Penn State are the only teams that look good with them.
I would bet we do… would look good with white shirts orange pants (which is the uniform combo Bru stated was his favorite in an interview an earlier this year)… I would think if they do use that combo would likely either be Arkansas or Vandy game…

1. Look both ways before posting. Please take a moment to scan the first page of the forum to see if a similar discussion exists before starting a new thread. Also, please don't start a new thread for every thought that pops into your head.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo and TAF
I wonder if this is the societal addiction to novelty that we're seeing?

People are now valuing novelty over things that take scores of years to build. Novelty is easy. Novelty just takes money--and usually other people's money. Tradition can't be purchased. Tradition can't be built in a day or even a decade. The only easy thing you can do with tradition is destroy it.

Novelty for novelty's sake is--by definition--frivolous, and antithetical to building a brand that has character. If you want novelty, why not design your own Tennessee shirt and wear it proudly? Using novelty to say something about yourself as one individual is appropriate and healthy. But wanting everyone else, an entire fanbase, to desire or accept your novelty... that's something different, psychologically and culturally.

The ultimate irony is that right now, maybe the most important thing that separates Tennessee teams from most other programs (like Georgia) is the emphasis on recruiting character. If ever there was a time to make valuing of character a part of our brand... it's now.

IMHO

I don't want to hear any nonsense about how they were cursed because we had that awful game against USC Jr in those helmets. They look awesome and why not have all orange (helmets, jerseys, and pants) against Florida or Alabama? That's just me though because I never have cared for white helmets, but the Vols and Penn State are the only teams that look good with them.
I want them and the memory of them burned in a fiery pit leading straight to hell.

Fitting that your avi will know what to do with them when they get there.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and TAF
If they have to do them, shelve the spray can shellacked orange and slap a metallic version imo. Consult TCU’s equipment manager. Theirs are always on point.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

People are now valuing novelty over things that take scores of years to build. Novelty is easy. Novelty just takes money--and usually other people's money. Tradition can't be purchased. Tradition can't be built in a day or even a decade. The only easy thing you can do with tradition is destroy it.

Novelty for novelty's sake is--by definition--frivolous, and antithetical to building a brand that has character. If you want novelty, why not design your own Tennessee shirt and wear it proudly? Using novelty to say something about yourself as one individual is appropriate and healthy. But wanting everyone else, an entire fanbase, to desire or accept your novelty... that's something different, psychologically and culturally.

The ultimate irony is that right now, maybe the most important thing that separates Tennessee teams from most other programs (like Georgia) is the emphasis on recruiting character. If ever there was a time to make valuing of character a part of our brand... it's now.

IMHO
#1 - Me wanting to see orange helmets in no way indicates I don't value recruiting high quality players more. Plus, I wouldn't hold Georgia up as an example of recruiting character.

#2 - Most teams, including the SEC, have helmets that are their primary school color. Not saying I want them every game, but we should definitely have them in the rotation.

They are not cursed. They just suck.

Never!

IMHO
Lol

Why are some of yall so dogmatic when it comes to this stuff??? It's a f_ckin' color swap! How is it any different than wearing both orange and white jerseys/pants?
It’s like if McDonalds swapped colors and made the Golden Arches red. It’s just a color swap but it would make you think “WTH are they doing?”

VN Store

Back