I was pretty worried about our secondary...

TechnoVol

3 weeks ago I was really concerned about our secondary. Unsure how Randolph was going to perform based on his knee recovery. Thinking BMo had the other safety locked up and finally looking at our CBs on the roster and just shook my head with no idea what we would have there.

Now, I've seen Randolph become the clear leader of our secondary who has shown no signs his knee is any sort of an issue.

BMo, who I thought would be the starter, now has been replaced by LaDarrell McNeil. BMo was really good last year which tells me McNeil must have really improved and will upgrade the position.

At CB, did not feel good about this position at all. However, shortly after camp started we started hearing about Cam Sutton. Since then, he has continued to improve and show that he can compete at the SEC level. Add Coleman to the tandem and I really feel we are solid at CB. Sutton and Coleman have been exceptional during camp and now I really think we'll be okay there.

Sure, they'll give up some plays but I think we'll definitely be better on the back end this year.

Reactions: 10 people
Love Bmos attitude and what he brings to the team in ways other players cannot. I think he'll have good playing time and will lock down the back field when needed.

Reactions: 1 person
3 weeks ago I was really concerned about our secondary. Unsure how Randolph was going to perform based on his knee recovery. Thinking BMo had the other safety locked up and finally looking at our CBs on the roster and just shook my head with no idea what we would have there.

Now, I've seen Randolph become the clear leader of our secondary who has shown no signs his knee is any sort of an issue.

BMo, who I thought would be the starter, now has been replaced by LaDarrell McNeil. BMo was really good last year which tells me McNeil must have really improved and will upgrade the position.

At CB, did not feel good about this position at all. However, shortly after camp started we started hearing about Cam Sutton. Since then, he has continued to improve and show that he can compete at the SEC level. Add Coleman to the tandem and I really feel we are solid at CB. Sutton and Coleman have been exceptional during camp and now I really think we'll be okay there.

Sure, they'll give up some plays but I think we'll definitely be better on the back end this year.

Considering our secondary has been practicing against a bunch of freshmen and unproven WRs and QBs, I wouldn't necessarily call them SEC ready yet. We hope though, and like Andy DuFrane said in Shawshank Redemption..."hope is a good thing, and no good thing ever dies"

The defense will be better but the secondary weaker compared to elite teams.

Offense is the biggest concern imo. UT isn't going to shut down any SEC team (maybe KY).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back