If Harbaugh leaves do we go after any Michigan players?

Giving the keys to a Rolls Royce running like a top to someone who has only driven with a learner’s permit would be a bold move. Worked out at Miami for a couple of years then Coker fizzled when Butch’s guys left. Usually doesn’t work.

Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley did just fine in pretty much the exact same scenario.

And he's already 4-0 in his Head Coaching career for Michigan, having coached during the Harbaugh suspension. Beating Penn State, Maryland, and Ohio State.

Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley did just fine with it.
Ohio State fans may disagree about Day. Ohio State won a title under Meyer, played in a Title game they lost, and was beating Michigan annually when Day took over. There is also a Frank Solich and a Ray Goff. Assistant coaches who take over programs where Michigan is right now, (competing for national titles and now winning one, loaded with talent, resources, etc) USUALLY don’t maintain that success. It’s pretty difficult to do.

Last edited:
I'm not sure they can even get them into class by the time he leaves and kids visit. Seems like that's their plan if you ask me.
Might actually work out perfectly for us if we target anyone from them. We’re tight right now on numbers. We’ll probably have a few more transfer in spring

Ohio State fans may disagree about day.

They would be insane to disagree. 2 months ago he had the highest winning percentage in division 1 history with a minimum of 50 games coached. After 2 straight losses, he now sits 2nd all time to Knute Rockne.

Reactions: atilla
They would be insane to disagree. 2 months ago he had the highest winning percentage in division 1 history with a minimum of 50 games coached. After 2 straight losses, he now sits 2nd all time to Knute Rockne.
Ohio State fans aren’t known for being sane, but they don’t like Day at all. He’s losing to Michigan. Their SOS is always trash. Winning percentages don’t tell the whole story.

Sure, it works sometimes. Notice how I said it “usually” doesn’t work. Also, Tennessee was a good program in 1992, not where Michigan is now. Not sure it’s the same thing. If UT were running at the level then, Johnny wouldn’t have been fired..
Talent wise damn close

Ohio State fans aren’t known for being sane, but they don’t like Day at all. He’s losing to Michigan. Their SOS is always trash. Winning percentages don’t tell the whole story.

They are in the CFP virtually every season. Churning out 1st round picks at a pace on par with UGA and Bama. And if MHII doesn't get hurt vs UGA last year, they would have prevented UGA from going back to back champs (should have been targeting on that play anyways).

I get they haven't won a title with Day, but their record is not a product of schedule. They are legitimately a top 3 talent team every single year.

They are in the CFP virtually every season. Churning out 1st round picks at a pace on par with UGA and Bama. And if MHII doesn't get hurt vs UGA last year, they would have prevented UGA from going back to back champs (should have been targeting on that play anyways).

I get they haven't won a title with Day, but their record is not a product of schedule. They are legitimately a top 3 talent team every single year.
I’m telling you what OSU fans say. You can go check it out. The majority of them want him gone.

I’m telling you what OSU fans say. You can go check it out. The majority of them want him gone.

I get it that it's not your opinion. I'm just saying they are insane if they want him gone. He's done everything but win a title.

And odds are he will get them there with the recruiting classes he brings in and the average number of wins he gets every year.

I get it that it's not your opinion. I'm just saying they are insane if they want him gone. He's done everything but win a title.

And odds are he will get them there with the recruiting classes he brings in and the average number of wins he gets every year.
Right. They aren’t known for being sane, and Michigan beating them and winning it all makes them even worse. I’ve got family up there so I got more exposure to it than I’d like.

Reactions: SAPPER 5 and Carp
He plays one game yearly against a team with comparable talent. You can also Kirk Ferentz up on the Mount Rushmore of college football if you think crushing crappy big ten teams is an accomplishment. Fact is Day is a mediocre coach at an elite program; I’m fine with Ohio State keeping him forever I’m sure Michigan fans feel the same.

Maybe we should go after Jacob Oden again, the one who went to the '22 Vols-Bama game and created the video of his experience.

He plays one game yearly against a team with comparable talent. You can also Kirk Ferentz up on the Mount Rushmore of college football if you think crushing crappy big ten teams is an accomplishment. Fact is Day is a mediocre coach at an elite program; I’m fine with Ohio State keeping him forever I’m sure Michigan fans feel the same.

They were a missed FG away from beating UGA last year, after losing their best player to a cheap shot in the endzone earlier in the game. They are on par with Bama and UGA in producing NFL talent. If you can't see they are an elite team then you aren't paying attention.

Giving the keys to a Rolls Royce running like a top to someone who has only driven with a learner’s permit would be a bold move. Worked out at Miami for a couple of years then Coker fizzled when Butch’s guys left. Usually doesn’t work.

There’s a possibility that I could have hooked up a PS 2 on the sidelines, used it to call plays and won a championship with that roster. Possibly.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
When he leaves, they will come fleeing out of the program.
That dude is going hard for an NFL job right now. He is going to take the Chargers I believe.

I doubt Michigan hires the LSU coach, but if they did, that would be a high profile opening at LSU and likely lead to another job opening at another major school and more players looking to transfer. This kind of chaos will only benefit the programs that have some stability. I hope more schools face the kind of instability that dogged our program for years.

Reactions: Ratvol and VAVol85
There’s a possibility that I could have hooked up a PS 2 on the sidelines, used it to call plays and won a championship with that roster. Possibly.
The 2001 Miami roster? Yes, I’d say so, it went downhill from there for Coker and Miami.

VN Store

Back