If ID's Are Okay for Proof of Vaccination, Why Aren't They Okay for Voting?

Vol423

Liberals are perfectly okay with requiring proof of vaccination, yet they have been screaming from the rooftops for decades that requiring an ID modifies behavior (suppresses the vote). Why is it that liberals aren't the least bit concerned that requiring ID's proving vaccination will cause people to starve to death because they have to show a form of ID to work, shop, eat, etc?

Poorly formulated broad brush argument.

My turn!

Why does the right love the unborn but vilify the little boogers the moment they pass through the birth canal and become their own beings?

Now that I have middle of the night crabbiness out of my system, here's a real answer:

There is no monetary charge to get the vaccination. They are obtainable in almost every community. Depending on location, they can be obtained at almost any hour of the day or night (in the case of 24h pharmacy locations), and definitely outside of the time that a majority of Americans are at work during the day.

ID such as a driver's license or passport is not free. It requires several other documents to qualify for one. It requires travel to receive one, sometimes involving leaving ones county in the case of several counties in Alabama's Black Belt. Most locations operate at the time a majority of Americans are at work and do not have flexible hours to accommodate them.

I thoroughly expect my rationale to be picked apart; I had to stretch to think of why IDs would be difficult.

Now that I have middle of the night crabbiness out of my system, here's a real answer:

There is no monetary charge to get the vaccination. They are obtainable in almost every community. Depending on location, they can be obtained at almost any hour of the day or night (in the case of 24h pharmacy locations), and definitely outside of the time that a majority of Americans are at work during the day.

ID such as a driver's license or passport is not free. It requires several other documents to qualify for one. It requires travel to receive one, sometimes involving leaving ones county in the case of several counties in Alabama's Black Belt. Most locations operate at the time a majority of Americans are at work and do not have flexible hours to accommodate them.

I thoroughly expect my rationale to be picked apart; I had to stretch to think of why IDs would be difficult.

You succeeded! :)

Liberals are perfectly okay with requiring proof of vaccination, yet they have been screaming from the rooftops for decades that requiring an ID modifies behavior (suppresses the vote). Why is it that liberals aren't the least bit concerned that requiring ID's proving vaccination will cause people to starve to death because they have to show a form of ID to work, shop, eat, etc?

Let proof of vaccination cards be used as a form of ID in order to vote. Problem solved.

My turn!

Why does the right love the unborn but vilify the little boogers the moment they pass through the birth canal and become their own beings?
What?

Reactions: NEO

The 'vaccinations' are not 'free'. If they were, MRNA stock would not have quadrupled in less than a year.

My turn!

Who is vilifying children ? I believe you missed your mark on this one . Self responsibility for the parents yes , not wanting yet another generation on welfare, yes . Has nothing to do ( IMO ) with the children . Everything a child learns is from close and outside influence .. be that good influence , and most of our problems go away .

Who is vilifying children ? I believe you missed your mark on this one . Self responsibility for the parents yes , not wanting yet another generation on welfare, yes . Has nothing to do ( IMO ) with the children . Everything a child learns is from close and outside influence .. be that good influence , and most of our problems go away .

You missed the point. I was responding to a poorly formed broad brush comment with an intentionally poorly formed broad brush comment. A foil, if you will.

Your post is ridiculous. How does the right vilify "the little boogers" once they are born. Just dumb

The point just sailed right over your head. As I stated elsewhere in this thread, I was responding in kind to make a point about the futility of broad brush comments.

ID such as a driver's license or passport is not free. In most states you can get a free government issued ID. It requires several other documents to qualify for one. It requires proof of who you are, sure. Isn't that the point of an ID? It requires travel to receive one, sometimes involving leaving ones county in the case of several counties in Alabama's Black Belt. Most locations operate at the time a majority of Americans are at work and do not have flexible hours to accommodate them. If they can get to work, can they not get to the government building that issues ID'S?

I feel like it's been addressed before, but dont you have to provide your ID when you get vaxxed? Last I checked the local places required it.

The point just sailed right over your head. As I stated elsewhere in this thread, I was responding in kind to make a point about the futility of broad brush comments.
But you responded to an actual question with a legitimate point using something that doesn’t happen in real life as a “foil”

Reactions: joevol33

In the absence of proof of any significant voter fraud, the better question is why are Republicans so adamant that rules be put in place to solve a problem that doesn't exist? The answer is, of course, they can't win on policy so it is advantageous for them if fewer people vote. Minority rule is their goal which goes against everything a democratic society stands for, consequently the Big Lie is being pushed relentlessly by the pathetic Radical Right.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
$160 for my wife and I to get our new drivers licenses today. Oof. Maryland (GOP gov) sure likes my wallet. Also $450 each to register and title our old vehicles.

Good thing I have a good job. I'd hate to be doing this on an hourly paycheck or disability check.

Both require travel. One can be purchased by foregoing one hit of meth or crack. I've never had an issue making it to the DMV during their hours of operation. I've had an ID for 41 years and only been inside a DMV 3 times my entire life. Most people that care about voting, or even have a job, already have an ID. It's a requirement to secure employment. If, they are unemployed, they have more than ample time to go over to that next county to get an ID.

If you had to really think hard to argue why ID's would be difficult, then you are more interested in arguing Lib Talking Points instead of concluding those talking points are garbage.

$160 for my wife and I to get our new drivers licenses today. Oof. Maryland (GOP gov) sure likes my wallet. Also $450 each to register and title our old vehicles.

Good thing I have a good job. I'd hate to be doing this on an hourly paycheck or disability check.
You don't have to get a driver's license to get a government issued ID.

VN Store

Back