If the "D" is supposed to lack talent

I was glad to see something on the field that looked like a defence, and at the skill we are very young and will take time to get it going.

Last seasons D looked uncertain, out of position, and down right confused due to coaching and scheme.
With those problems solved the D will play much faster and with more confidence. We will be in a better position to gauge our talent level this fall. Exciting times at Tennessee.

Defense should be a lot better, but don't kid yourself, talent is an issue
Talent is a big issue with this team people get tired of hearing it but we are so young at QB RB WR it going to take time we just got to hang in there with this team and hope to improve week to week, if we do that we will be alright.:rock:

the%20d%20is%20silent

Talent is a big issue with this team people get tired of hearing it but we are so young at QB RB WR it going to take time we just got to hang in there with this team and hope to improve week to week, if we do that we will be alright.:rock:

I think people understood what Dooley walked into and were patient until it was obvious nothing was getting better

I think it will be the same with jones except there will be progress and improvement which will create more patience.

But, it still won't be fun for a little while longer

Reactions: 1 person
I think people understood what Dooley walked into and were patient until it was obvious nothing was getting better

I think it will be the same with jones except there will be progress and improvement which will create more patience.

But, it still won't be fun for a little while longer

Did y'all have success immediately with your offense when Urban got there? Is CBJ like CUM's offense?

Did y'all have success immediately with your offense when Urban got there? Is CBJ like CUM's offense?

No.

We didn't have the right qb for the system and we didn't have the kind of playmakers at wr he was looking for.

The one he liked for that year broke his leg on a kickoff return against Tennessee

We struggled, but had a good defense

Tebow and harvin supplemented what was there in 2006, but the offense did not take off until tebow started in 2007

Last edited:
No.

We didn't have the right qb for the system and we didn't have the kind of playmakers at wr he was looking for.

The one he liked for that year broke his leg on a kickoff return against Tennessee

We struggled, but had a good defense

You see another 5-7 year for us?

Guys on offense who were missing yesterday who will play a lot this year:

Tiny
Harris
North
Quinn
Lane
Croom
Downs
Jenkins
Branisel

A lot to be determined yet to see what this offense will look like come next September. I think we will be just fine.

Jacob Carter and he may be our best receiver going into fall.

Defense should be a lot better, but don't kid yourself, talent is an issue

Mostly the same players were slightly above mid-pack in the SEC the last time they ran the 4-3 as Sophs and Fr.

Unless the recruiting sites somehow accomplished the incredible feat of overrating just about every UT starter... UT will have enough talent to be in the upper 3rd of the conference. There are depth issues though.

I'm sure it has been mentioned somewhere else, I just haven't seen it, but I was extremely impressed with Corey Vereen! He seemed to have a really good motor with a lot of explosiveness off the ball. I figured the rest of #VolNation would be drooling over his performance in the O&W game...no??

Reactions: 1 person
Mostly the same players were slightly above mid-pack in the SEC the last time they ran the 4-3 as Sophs and Fr.

Unless the recruiting sites somehow accomplished the incredible feat of overrating just about every UT starter... UT will have enough talent to be in the upper 3rd of the conference. There are depth issues though.

IMO, the defensive rankings under Wilcox were deceiving.

As an example, I don't remember the last time Tennessee put consistent pressure on a qb.

UF has the same issue on offense - especially the OL.

O-line will be very good this year. So will the backs.

Qb and wr is where they need major improvement from what they have

Frosh wr may begin to fix that

VN Store

Back