‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

Uh oh 👀 AP just said lots of smoke out there with Tate and UT
thinking-smiley-emoji-thinking.gif

At the end of the 2 minute drill video that just came out he said, “you smell that smoke…is that Carnell Tate smoke? We’ll see”. And then someone asked if he’s in the fold now and he responded “No he isn’t but there is a lot of chatter…from all different areas.”

Kid may love Ohio State but the NIL piece certainly sounds like a big factor even if he is fishing to get more out of them. If we sweeten the pot enough to a point where Ohio State can’t match then it sounds like he is a flip candidate.

Stars alone make this kid a hot commodity but based on our evals it’s interesting how much our staff has pushed here. They clearly think he’s a top end guy at his position and is an amazing fit in our scheme. If we can bag man to campus then I say we go full steam.

Kid may love Ohio State but the NIL piece certainly sounds like a big factor even if he is fishing to get more out of them. If we sweeten the pot enough to a point where Ohio State can’t match then it sounds like he is a flip candidate.

Stars alone make this kid a hot commodity but based on our evals it’s interesting how much our staff has pushed here. They clearly think he’s a top end guy at his position and is an amazing fit in our scheme. If we can bag man to campus then I say we go full steam.
He’d also have a lot less competition for a starting position at UT. It would make sense for him to choose UT if the NIL is as good or better than OSU. He could start day 1 in the highest scoring, fastest Offense in the country.

Poster on VQ:

I've heard from a good source who recently had dinner with the head of Sprye that Carnell Tate is listening and there will be plenty of options in December for us
Im confused by the second part. Plenty of options meaning recruits looking at how we perform this season? Or Spyre able to do more deals in December?

VN Store

Back